Do aliens exist

pointybum

Well if it is evolved enough to where it uses optimal spectrum areas, it would be green (since plants today use both ends of the spectrum, and hardly at all green since it reflects it and not absorbs it), and would need certain things for it to continue, such as thykaloids, stromas, stomas, stomatas, grana (bunches of thykaloids), etc etc. A lot of things must be in place for photosynthesis to occur. And the only kingdom that has these is plant kingdom. So having fur and claws, etc, would be of no use since it gets its energy from photosynthesis, not other animals. But carnivorous plants only get carbohydrates from photosynthesis, and obtain nitrogen and other minerals from insects.

*Edit: Forgot to mention carnivorous plants evolved to be carnivorous due to lack of nitrogen in poor conditions such as acid bogs.

there is no good reason i see to assume life evolved from chaos anywhere in the universe, including earth.

People like to believe in things that they can explain, but that does not work with the theory of Evolution, because it has many faults. That is why all great scientists-atheists in the end come to a point that there is a greater being in the World that created life.

Vigil, we talk about plants because someone made a valid question conscerning finding animal-like creatures with photosynthesis, YOU made a direct statement trying to debunk evolution itself, and athiest scientists, and since that can get more heated than plants, I cannot allow that discussion in here.

Edit: Granted, I was wrong, but stop being so picky :P lol.

Nema, you claim that carbon has a propensity to be complex. This cannot be the case at all. Nothing in the universe, according to physics, has the inherent propensity to become more complex, save for intelligence. I deny your claim that carbon has this propensity. You need evidence if you are making this as a scientific claim, lest it just be a faith belief you have.

Empr, look at our cellular makeup today. Then look at the single-cells a looong time ago. Pretty amazing eh?

hmmm our cellular makeup today is the same as humans have always had.

the cellular makeup of a starfish today is the same as it always had.

single celled life forms today are the same as they've always been. Amazing? Yea life is amazing. It amazes me that God made such a complex, highly ordered, non-random structure.

Sure, human body is the most amazing thing, can't be compared with anything human-made.

However I always been a bit sourprised that the overall thermic performance of the body is quite low (not efficient) a simple gasoline engine is more efficient in terms of use of energy.