Do aliens exist

pointybum

At last, you understand what I'm talking about! :)

Can I prove it exists? Of course I can. Using the principle of causality. We feel "something", therefore an event happens. Any event must have a cause (there must be a reason why we feel that "something"). That cause is what I call "spiritual love".

Basically, since we can feel it, it obviously exists. What I can't prove is that this love is, in fact, spiritual. But that's no surprise, since we can't prove the existence of souls either. This is where faith comes in.

And we all know that psychology is a soft science, that it's all a matter of opinion on how people work, and what makes them function. Perhaps in the future we can actually prove some of the stuff. Already today a lot of it holds up so far, but there are inconsistencies.

Well, according to someones logic, religion is (r@p because it's just that we don't understand the universe just like the ol sun worshippers. Well in that case... I don't see why were discussing anything. It's all (r@p until we know everything right?:D

I just heard someone using this logic on this forum and wished to point out it wasn't good logic

if things follow the laws of entropy, than aliens would as well because of living in this universe. Entropic ideas will also be involved too. This might cause aliens (just to say if they did exist) to have a nature similar to us. Still though if they did exist and were sentient, they would think differently from us. This might cause some of their drives to act totally differently and therefore may be peaceful. They even could think in a way of seeing us as an un needed group of living things. They may not even understand us being sentient just like we may not understand other creatures as sentient. There is a lot more depth to this than meets the eye. I would have to agree with gross old acriku on this one. dorko! ;) lol