Do aliens exist

pointybum

As to the intelligence bit, I'm sure that somewhere alog the line, some of the life-bearing planets will contain an intelligent species at one point.

Given the vast number of opportunities through space and time for life to occur, the chances are it does, quite a few times. Somtime, intelligence must crop up, briefly, at least.

"If a plant evolves to be able to move so it can put his brain to good use, is it still a plant?"

That's just taxonomy, if you're trying to counter what I've said.

If it's an interested question, then, provided it photosynthesizes for energy, it's still a plant.

Plants move...they grow in the direction of the highest concentration of photons to have more light-dependant reactions, and thus more ATP/NADPH and carbons = more calvin cycles to produce more G3P molecules to then create more sugars and so on and so on. 8)

Like what Earth? Let's see, photosynthesis, mitosis (slightly different than animal mitosis *cell plate not cleavage furrow etc*), heh not much more than that that I can think of right now.

Damn, I actually learning something some AP biology ;)

I don't think I even mentioned cell walls ??? Only cell plates, which is what happens during telophase for plants, where a cell plate forms, rather than a cleavage furrow (since plant cells are rigid).

Of course you are not alone!

Someone one show me a way to get out of here, cause I constantly pray I'll get out of here, lah lah lah :D

no earthnuker. Photosynthesis is when a plant takes the power of photons to convert sugars into ATP molecules. The photons bounce off the green of a plant and absorbes light in the green spectrum. It then uses that heat to power the chemical reactions. That is a plant. Solar power is a completely different way of gaining power. Also cell walls are not found in other living organisms but plants. They are a beacon of plantlife.

No, you're not. Plant that eats humans- I want one of them!

Anway, if a carnivoric plant were to live in a place where there's not much sunlight (say, under the cover of dense forest trees), and it were to move around and eat animals while not using photosyntheses anymore, is it still a plant?