What's the most painful experience you've ever had?

SurlyPIG

"I hate the yearly visit to the dentist for the cleaning and inspection of the teeth"

Over here, we each clean our teeth daily, our dentist just inspects them (unless there' someting wrong an you need a filling or a tooth removed, etc.)

Sometimes even twice daily.

I'd say that the most painful experience I've ever had was the aftereffects of knee surgery. Two months of pain, sleep, drugs, not moving my leg at all, and basically peeing in a cup regularly from where I was laying. Oh and I got pictures! Lovely pictures for everyone at home to see.

I've got a couple good ones, a couple of years back I was in the U.P of michigan and out shooting stuff with my old .45 rifle (you can already see where this is going) as I went along I got board and decided to try to kill this stupid squirll that kept following me, so I saw the thing, quickly aimed and squeezed off a round not knowing that there was a rock directly behind where I fired...and it richochead the round right into my boot. luckily I was wearing steel-toed boots so by the time the bullet had penitrated the think leather and steel most of its speed and momentum were spent. neadless to say I still lost half my pinkytoe and had to limp half a mile to our cabin. one surgery and 10 stiches later I was thinking "man that was stupid!!!"

I also dropped a 200 pound transmisson on my chest, fortunetly it only dropped half a foot so It did'nt break anything. It just bruised my chest half-way to hell and trapped me in my garage under my 4x4 for roughly half an hour.

yeah....I'm stupid. ;D

I also dropped a 200 pound transmisson on my chest, fortunetly it only dropped half a foot so It did'nt break anything. It just bruised my chest half-way to hell and trapped me in my garage under my 4x4 for roughly half an hour.

yeah....I'm stupid. ;D

talk about claustrophobia (sp)

Over here, we each clean our teeth daily, our dentist just inspects them

Even by brushing them 3 times a day, once a year the caries has to be removed by

a dentist

Prevention:

This consists of brushing at least twice a day and flossing at least daily, and regular professional cleaning (every 6 months).

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001055.htm

"Sometimes even twice daily"

Yeah, well... there's a reason why my avatar cuts off just below the nose... (see Dune I)

Several things I'd like to know about the original Dune game...

1) Why was Duncan Idaho played by Lando Malari from Babylon 5?

2) Why was Thufir Hawat a big lizard?

3) Kynes. The less said about him the better I think.

4) "Oh my god... atomics!" I'm sorry, but if the Fremen found atomics they'd be like "SWEET! :D"

5) THe annoyance factor of being on the other side of arrakis when the Emperor demanded his spice, and by the time you got back to the palace, the Sardaukar had arrived and you got the decomposing cutscene.