50 ways to penetrate a wall of Kobra.

Devastator_Mech

well many solutions have been said alrdy and in case 50 kobras are alone ( 50 kobras alone is very bad.... ) but u could try:

as Atreides : Minotaurs, they have longer range and just slowly take out the kobras.

well u could make ornis but they make too little damage and need a lot of numbers to be effective, usually kobra guy can just make more more and more kobras.

well since kobras alone, if u got sonic tanks its nice, they would chew kobras pretty madly. If using sonics, be sure to distract kobras first to take there fire off sonic ( like run a sandbike in front of kobras )

thats about it with atreides , also superweapon :) but mostly just make minotaurs and u have no problems.

As Harkonnen: lol Devastator and gunhisps, assault tanks, missile tanks as said b4. AND inkvines can be useful also, cos they got the longest range in the game and they make ppl a bit angry when u shootin at there units and they cant to jack to hurt u back.

Again superweapon.....

As ordos: well 50 kobras vs 50 kobras .... lol

U could make lazer tanks and just take kobras 1 by 1 and move lazers all the time.

Deviators = excellent.

superweapon...

With Subhouses :

As Fremen: WORM RIDERS

AS sardaukar : Sards alone NO CHANCE

As Teilaxu : Leeche there asses off

As Guild : NIAB's....

As IX : u could make infiltrators but i find em rather shitty when dealing with units.

Ix is one of my Favourites, make like 6 projectors and start projecting like mad man, make projections wut ever u want of ( lazer tanks, missile tanks, even minos but projectiong minos is kind a crap but thats just my opinin, projected FEDAYKYNS, or NIAB's)

Main thing is that u would try to mix ure units, who ever makes 50 kobras alone is pretty crap, heh

Mix ure units, minos with feds and/or sards, or kobras with lazers and, and missile tanks with devastator drops + assault tanks and inkvines + gunships lol, harks got loads of variations here.

MIX MIX MIX, dont make just one type,

keep the map scouted, and keep ure eye on ure enemies base, u see him building something make a counter. ( U see he just made a fremen camp, then u should place scouts near ure units and make some ANTI- WORM units and keep ure eyes open )

THeres loads of variations. Just play and play ull start getting hang of it, 50 kobras is relatively easy.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

as Atreides : Minotaurs, they have longer range and just slowly take out the kobras.

well since kobras alone, if u got sonic tanks its nice, they would chew kobras pretty madly. If using sonics, be sure to distract kobras first to take there fire off sonic ( like run a sandbike in front of kobras )

but mostly just make minotaurs and u have no problems.

Main thing is that u would try to mix ure units, who ever makes 50 kobras alone is pretty crap, heh

Mix ure units, minos with feds and/or sards, or kobras with lazers and, and missile tanks with devastator drops + assault tanks and inkvines + gunships lol, harks got loads of variations here.

MIX MIX MIX, dont make just one type,

THeres loads of variations. Just play and play ull start getting hang of it, 50 kobras is relatively easy.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Minos' don't have longer range if he knows what he's doing. Kobras vs. Minos, and the Kobras will win. A lot of what you said here would actually *not* work vs. a skilled Kobra player. Sards will do no good at all. Fremen will do no good at all, 'cept for Worms and you won't always be able to call worms if he boxes-you-in and/or the map is too small. There are actually very few ways to beat mass Kobras in a lot of situations. Hark has the easiest time with it with Dev drops etc, Gunships, I'd think, then Ordos prob could use laser tanks in some situations. Minos or Sonics will die in no time flat vs. a Kobra wall, that won't do any good.

LOl..nice guys

Kobra and mino use the same bullet and same range...!!

Kobra(deployed) shot every (3.0second) 1 howitzer.

Mino shot every (12.0second) 4 howitzer.

Look Kobra can shot in 12seconds 4 howitzer and mino too.

Kinjal range=12

Mino&Kobra Range=16

Hark inkvine range=20!cool

LaserTank&ElitSard range=10..........Lol worm range = 1 ;D

so ure saying deployed kobra fires back at mino when mino is fiering at its maximum range?

And things i said are from my own experience, u say fremen do no good and u say sards do no good ..... lol

I really want to play that skilled kobra player and i want him to prove me that im wrong, so if u r that skilled kobra player lets play a few.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it really is a bug. It can't be something else. Because the Mino and the Kobra fire the same bullet. And the bullet is the thing that specifies the damage, speed, range etc. The only thing that isn't, is the reload. And there the Kobra and the Mino have a different one.

Though they do the same damage in the same time because it's all relative and not absolute. What is bad for modders, because it is harder to modify it correctly then.

However, I remember that someone noticed that the range problem had something to with the guard mode. Maybe someone can test that out. The question is under what circumstances the Mino has a better range.

I would really like to hear this from someone who worked on the game

• 4 weeks later...

duh, the kobra is also vulnerable for anti armour units, an few troopers could do MASSIVE damage.

Yes, 1 bullet from Kobra equal 10 dead =_="

I suppose the best thing to do is to build your own one. ;)

Actually no, I've got a plan.

Which is much cheaper than a wall of Kobra or Mino.

Assume the wall of Kobra is deployed, choose any section of the wall and use the Inkvines to harrass it that'll either force them to advance or retreat or suffer, if they choose to advance then great, the bunch of missiles you have will give you a goodfstart then a few Devastators will finish it for you. If they choose to retreat then move with them or if only 1 retreat then harrass another one, if they choose to not moves, then you know what to do, kill a wall of Kobras with a group of inkvines HAHAHAHAHA.........

You might as well inmediatly drop a few devastators next to them, kobra's aren't very good against devastator drops.

You can, but much higher causaulties.

Remember its a few Devastators vs a wall of them, so you can't get them head on, but if you lure them bit by bit, it'll be much easier and you should be able to earn chervons too!! ;D

Devastator drop = dropping some devastators right next to the kobra's with advanced carryalls.

Once your Devastators are down, probably each of your Devastator have already recieved 10 shots!!

Devastator drop can be a solution, but to reduce casaulties you must have a sufficient amount of them, about 1 Devastator for every 3 Kobra is a minimum, 1:2 would be even better. But if you use my method, you'll only need a fraction of its force unless they all undeploy and rush... (then you better have enough Devastators...:P)

Devastator_mech, you're heavily underestimating the devastator, know what? COME ONLINE NOW! and page me: ken124578 for the password of the game

mm... sorry my friend.

I formatted my comp. and lost the original serial number so can't play online.

Maybe I have, would you like to explain where did I underestimate them?