50 ways to penetrate a wall of Kobra.

Devastator_Mech

Penetrating through a wall of Minotaurus is actally easier than a wall of Kobra. I know it is because I've experienced it myself.

Everyone might say, Deviator, Fredaykin, air-dropped Devastator, Gunships, APD. But I could tell you a very small force of anotherr unit will prevent you front succeeding i.e Fredaykin, a few scouts would be enough to be tray the whole group of them.

So please suggest more constructive and reliable plans, not shaky one's!! i.e 1 mistake = You've lose.

First off, is this group of Kobras alone, or does it possess support units? And in the latter case, what support? Likely canidates being AA troopers, Sardaukar, and hover units (tanks and APCs).

Assuming the absence of laser-armed support units, emprworm's famous 'hordebuster' technique could be workable (read through the entire thing) for an Ordos attacker. For the others, the principle is much the same: use cheap units to draw fire while your big guns exploit the gap.

Before you start, try to flush out any scouts that might be about (a Thoxen-style wall will have several in the neighborhood). Players using the Devastator/sonic tank drop must be especially wary of lurking Deviators. While ADPs can pound Kobras with impunity, their sloth and fragility demand the clearing in advance of AA-capable units...

First off, is this group of Kobras alone, or does it possess support units? And in the latter case, what support? Likely canidates being AA troopers, Sardaukar, and hover units (tanks and APCs).

Assuming the absence of laser-armed support units, emprworm's famous 'hordebuster' technique could be workable (read through the entire thing) for an Ordos attacker. For the others, the principle is much the same: use cheap units to draw fire while your big guns exploit the gap.

Before you start, try to flush out any scouts that might be about (a Thoxen-style wall will have several in the neighborhood). Players using the Devastator/sonic tank drop must be especially wary of lurking Deviators. While ADPs can pound Kobras with impunity, their sloth and fragility demand the clearing in advance of AA-capable units...

good point

If you 're hark there is nothing easier: your opponent's AA sucks, you simply send a lot of gunships.

If you 're atr, you may use ornis for this purpose (the only case ornis may come in handy).

In both of the examples above, I assume your opponent is focused in his defense, and therefore you can concentrate money and time to build an air forces.

Otherwise, combining fedaykin/sard elite with your house's units will be enough to wipe out the kobras along with their supporting units.

If the Kobras are not on sand, then they will most likely be in the enemy base. If there is nothing defending the spice field of the Ordos player, then you can starve him of spice and eventually wear him down through attrition. This is why I assumed the Kobras were on sand. Of course, there may be different units defending the spice field, and not just Kobras, but since we're talking about breaking through Kobras here, I was assuming they were on sand defending the spice field.

Sometimes when I play a long game and I realise I 'm doomed I just build the wall of kobras before my enemy camps on the spice field and starves my economy.

Some players really don't know what to do against it and once I had defeated one by counter-attacking.

Most experienced players however consider it a piece of cake. And that's what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I have broken one today. I mostly used assault tanks, missile tanks, and sard elites, cause the wall wasn't too tough (it was only about 10 Kobras). Assault tanks have very good armor and only about 3 of them died. Then I came in with my missile tanks and destroyed most of the Kobras, while my assault tanks crushed the infantry. Sard elites do a lot of damage to the Kobras also. Of course fedaykin would be more useful, but I didn't have fremen as my subhouse.

well, kobra's ofcourse have one huge disadvantage, namely their deployment. and unless they're in YOUR base they cannot attack you if you don't attack them. If they undeploy just move your army in for an easy kill. other than that, kobra's are not good vs. heavy armor. meaning that assault tanks, and deva's would have an easy time. also sonic's would work very well

ofcourse, the troopers will suffer a more terrible loss than the kobra's. unless you can distract the kobra's

The troopers must be combined with assault tanks or such coming from the other direction to absorb the damage or else they won't even get close to the Kobra wall. But anyway, I found Sard elites to be much more effective.

:) well, i did it a couple of times, but because i didn't have any assault tanks at hand at that time i had to use 3 buzzsaws to draw the attention, their speed made up for their lack of armor though, and my troopers managed to move in and go for the kill

I found Buzzsaws quite effective against Kobra's...

Indeed.

Inless the Kobra unit is already deployed. The best way is to catch an ordos player off guard with those units

To stop a Kobra wall Here is what i would do.

1 - Chances are he spent most his time building them and forgot about aircraft. Do an APC drop.

2 - After that Send a few laser tanks to attack his Harvesters

3 - Call worms

4 - After you Eat up his wall. send in aircraft.

5 - Then send in your fleet of units < Lasertanks Kobras morter infantry Guild Fremen Ix EITS Whatever you got. >

= Win

I find worms to be good vs about any unit.