Sonic Tanks-How do you use them?

ethan

Sonic Tank... Back to topic...

Cost 1400

Veterancy Bonuses:

Level 1: Additional Damage Level 2: Extra Armor Level 3: Extra Range, Additional Damage

Structure Needed to Produce: Factory, Starport

Sonic Tanks are the most controversial Atreides units. Some believe them to be a panacea for virtually any ill. Others find them overpriced and not nearly everything they're claimed to be. The truth is that Sonic Tanks are difficult to use effectively, but when used well they're extremely effective.

Sonic Tanks fire a sound-based weapon that shakes apart enemy units, both infantry and vehicles, causing incredible amounts of damage. Virtually any unit that the Sonic Tank's burst hits is destroyed. Unfortunately, that includes friendly units so the Sonic Tank must be on the frontlines of combat. Worse, the unit's weak armor makes it an easy target for destruction.

Look familiar? Its from the WW site.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be too much trouble covering the Sonic Tank, the best thing you can do is airdrop it next to enemy units (so that it doesn't get targeted and killed while it's moving on the ground to attack) and then let it do its work. It'll most likely be destroyed, but as long as the Sonic Tank destroys more enemy units worth than it cost to build the Sonic Tank (or buy it, in the case of the starport), you'll still have caused the enemy to lose more money, which puts you on top.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never used them in the few games I had in multiplayer- to much management, and for what benefit? Minos would probably do better.

If anybody knows how to use them right, I'd like to play you sometime to see it in action- though you'd have to wait some time, since I'm having comp problems at the moment.

if you are gonna drop something then Sonic Tanks should never be what you tie up your ADV with LOL

There is absolutely never any reason to build them unless your enemy is already dead and you just feel like using them to see a few pixels you haven't seen before.