how to deal with mass leech attacks

atrd3m0n

I have found that its very hard to deal with a mass leech attack. Few days ago i played krazyorse and the guy couldnt get thru in any way, but then he flooded the place with leeches and leeched my entire economy.

i mean in sufficient numbers these things stop a guild rush dead in the water.. My guess is to have sards as sub and having numerous kindjal around (im atreides player)... but any other suggestions r welcome..

ya i no that stuff abt eng and repairs but my shit got leeched as soon as it set down on the spice, so they had to ride back instead of beeing carried, i guess my mistake was not having enough support on the place where i was harvesting. but thnx f that inf

its fun to have ix and tleilax as your subhouses - then project a sh*tload of leeches and overrun your opponent with them. Im talking loads here - not too different from a scene in Starship Troopers. The good thing is that these projected leeches create 'real' leeches on the opponents vehicles.

I wouldn't do it in qm but its fun in a custom match.

----

EDIT: just realised my post is the opposite of what this thread is about. oh well lol

yeah navaros you always have very wise inputs on topics here....

if it isnt whining its laughing at somebody.

So unless you have something to say that makes sense dont respond, you'd do us all a favor.

just a tip when force firing on a unit to remove leach be carfull.. ie if a shield unit has a leach dont force fire with a laser. and it might be in your best interest not to force fire witha missle tank either (those fudders can almost take out any unit with one shot ;D)

The Deviator has one of the unfairest and blatantly unbalanced bugs in the game on it's side: your army STOPS firing at the enemy army and ALL turns to fire on the *one* the deviated unit instead. THAT is what makes deviators unfair. If that bug and huge mis-balancing in the favor of Ordos was not there, Deviators would make me laugh as much as Leeches. I didn't quite notice just how prevalent this bug was when I was laughing at Deviators before. Anyhow anyone who thinks that this bug does not make Deviators *Uber* has *no* comprehension of Atreides gameplay.

an enemy unit? who the {CENSORED} CARES? do i need 10 Minos all STOPPING from firing at the enemy army in order to kill one of their own (deviated Mino)????!!!! In case you had not noticed, Minos take FOREVER to fire and by diverting huge masses of Mino fire all at once just by using *one* unit is utterly insanely UNFAIR in favor of House Ordos. No other unit in the game can do anything like that, and frankly if you don't understand the destructive power of the Deviator due to this bug, you are a dumbass yourself especially since you use Ordos mostly (even for multiple series of QMs every month that you play under different nicks! so in all that time if you hadn't realized how horrible this bug is for ATR, you certainly can't call *me* a dumbass ROFL)

its an ENEMY UNIT! In case you didn't know when your units are on guard they will fire on an ENEMY UNIT. ENEMY UNIT ENEMY UNIT ENEMY UNIT *Gza beats Nav with a leather strap* ENEMY UNIT ENEMY UNIT!!

Of coarse your army is gonna fire on your fucking deviated unit you pissbrain.Thats what is *supposed* to happen ::).

If you still haven't figured it out think of it this way... A deviated unit will shoot you own guys. If you had someone shooting at you are you gonna just fuckin ignore it??NO!

If you don't like it well too god damn bad!That is not a *bug*,its how that game was *meant* to be.

Well its obvious that many ppl dont get to deal with leeches that much, and i bet when our sympathetic mr Navaros gets in the same situation as i did he'll probably post a thread about how unfair leeches in large numbers are.

And the deviator thing, well every DUMBASS that knows emp a bit knows that units will fire on the nearest by target, and when a unit gets deviated it is usually the nearest enemy unit.

I rest my case.

I think i'll take leeches as sub for a while, it may sort some effect since little ppl use them and therefor are not used to have a proper defence against them ;D ;D ;D...

They could even deliver me some good wins, just becoz ppl seem to quit when it gets toodamn annoying, and man these things can drive you NUTS..!

And rick, u and I know i needed those babies damn hard, since you and that other dude were doubling me ALL game, masses of assault tanks, buzzies, minos, you name it, i had to deal with em all.. So i bless my guildskills..lol Not to mention the swarms of gunships you were sending at me

atrd3 u forget to say that we've begin the game at 4!

my ally dc quickly....and yours too..

so i've not begun the game like a 2 vs 2..u've had all your time to build youre base.

for the leechs ,it's a very strong weapon!but everybody thinks it's the weakest house..there are smilling when i use it.they said i'm a newbie etc etc...for them u could just win if u have fremen sard or guild..

there's 5 subhouses don't forget it...

see u

thats what im saying dude, ofcourse i had time but as lots f ppl im not used to leeches.. But you made me fully aware of these damn annoying things and i wont rest untill i have found a proper defence against them that will work 9 out of 10 times

To stop mass attacks of leeches, it depends on what house I'm playing as.

Here are my anti-leech tactics in a nutshell:

House Atreides: Lots of deployed Kindjal Infantry and Light Infantry flanking Minotauruses. The Light Infantry are NOT on guard mode. Repair vehicles and engineers are nearby.

I will also send Ornithopters if they are available and kill 2-3 leeches before they get close to my units. (Of course you have to see them coming.)

House Ordos: Lots of Dust Scouts, Chemical Troopers, and Laser Tanks. The Laser Tanks can dodge the leech larvae, Dust Scouts will make short work of leeches and can shoot larvae off each other, and the Chemical Troopers come into their own against leeches.

House Harkonnen: BUZZSAWS, BUZZSAWS, BUZZSAWS. I will send at least 10 Buzzsaws out to intercept the leeches, and I will attack aggressively. ADP's over my units and Light Infantry also help.

Ok, I've removed all flaming, and most off-topic

I suggest continueing about the question how to stop masses of leeches.

Don't ruin every thread because of 1 misplaced post of Navaros

yes boss...lol well its him every time to make something ridiculous out of it and i can understand some players here dont like that.

House Atreides: Lots of deployed Kindjal Infantry and Light Infantry flanking Minotauruses. The Light Infantry are NOT on guard mode.

I will also send Ornithopters if they are available and kill 2-3 leeches before they get close to my units. (Of course you have to see them coming.)

House Ordos: Lots of Dust Scouts, Chemical Troopers, and Laser Tanks. The Laser Tanks can dodge the leech larvae, Dust Scouts will make short work of leeches and can shoot larvae off each other, and the Chemical Troopers come into their own against leeches.

House Harkonnen: BUZZSAWS, BUZZSAWS, BUZZSAWS. I will send at least 10 Buzzsaws out to intercept the leeches, and I will attack aggressively.

Why not put the Light Infantries on guard mode? Will you order an attack manually be more effective? I'll say no. And Ornithopters as you say will only kill a few of them, thats almost nothing.

Laser Tanks will take years to just kill one of them, and the Dust Scout will be nothing more than a sacrifice.

And for Buzzsaw, their just an up-graded version of a Dust Scout, even though they last somwhat longer, its still just another sacrifice.

According to my experience, the best counter will ALWAYS be infantries. Its because the larvae wouldn't effect them, and this basically their advantage over vehicles. A group of Imperial Sardaukar, Imperial Sardaukar Elite, Fremen Fredaykin, Kinjals, Troopers, AA troopers, Flame Infantry, and any anti-vehicle infantries will be a much better counter than any vehicles.