Religion

Those are the people who believe God is an alien, multiple wives, some sort of "third eye" belief, people of African-decent are "cursed". This comes from another church that defines the Mormons as a cult not something I have contrived.

So what was this propagandistic information about the Mormons, not that I truley believe it I'm just curious. From your statement you said that the Mormons believe God is the same god as the Catholics, are Mormons having beginings in Catholicism?

Acriku:

1. You don't need to understand God to know that He's omnipotent. If He's omnipotent, then He can control time. If He can control time, then by definition He can't be subject to it. It's as simple as that.

2. The egyptians firmly believed in Amun-Ra. The babilonians firmly believed in Baal. So yes, there were people who firmly believed in those gods. Some of the hebrews probably believed in them as well, since there are countless records in the Bible of them temporarely straying from the path of God. People aren't perfect.

And as far as I know, Elohim can't be translated.

Evilbaron:

That's why it's called "faith". Besides, the Christian God is the closest to my heart. He seems by far more real than the others. I know that He exists. I thought of joining Islam for a while (after I had given up on atheism), but it strikes me as a sort of bad imitation of Christianity. I can never believe in a prophet that didn't really offer much proof of his God and started spreading his new religion by the sword HIMSELF. Mohammed commanded armies on a few occasions...

Islam is very rigid, though slowly is becoming more militant straying for its base as a tolerant religion.  I think the greatest loss to Islam in recent years is its art, some of the best art on Earth came from islamic artists.  However at madrassas you can hear rumblings and if u are bold enough to ask a question like one I read in Reader's Digest u may not like the answer.  A guy from reader's digest asked the kids in a Pakistani Madrassas about who wanted to see Bin laden armed with a nuke and they all raised their hands.  I believe the head of the school said to the guy for the story that of course they welcomed him, he was an american, it wasn't his fault that he was controlled by the jews, who are Satan's chosen elite.  There are strict rules for waging a jihad, and the author of the article quoted them to the class he was attending, they did not like how he was using the Prophet's words against the current ideas they had.   I do not like seeing a religion stray form its foudnations so much.  

Muhammed considered Jews and Christians "relatives" so to speak, in the faith.  He was very tolerant for other religions.  

I do respect a great number of figures in Islamic history, people who sometimes waged wars, but ultimately saught peace.  Muhammed, Saladin, Ibn Umar, and Ali.

(The article I referred to was in the January 2002 issue of Reader's Digest.  However, the article does not show the peaceful side of the story, how Islam is a religion of peace.  Anyhow, I also think islam is a copycat of Christianity.)

I thought that Allah, Yaweh, Jehova, God, were all the same diety, just a different name. You mean to tell me that the Christian God is different from the Jewish God (and I think they are)? Or the Mormon God is different from the Muslim God?

Also: Edric you said that you could not believe a prophet that couldn't provide proof of his god, right? Well, what proof did Jesus have? He did a couple of miracles and thats it. And what is wrong with raising a sword "in the name of God"? It seems that although the ten commandments forbid killing, alot of prophets and holy persons have decided to kill for God.

For the Record, Mormons are just a normal religion like everything else. We believe God is the same god as the Catholics, and Jesus is the son of God. etc./ There is nothing about multiple wives or aliens.

By the same God I mean that we don't believe he is any different. It's not like the Egyptions believing in Ra (no offence to the Egyptian belief, I actually quite like their beliefs) We believe in the same God, just some minor changes to the Rules. Every Religion is just it's own interpretation of God and his Rules.

1. Why are we numbering these? lol...

Anyways, if people deducted things they thought were logical, which is a farce by your sayings Edric, in 100 years the Bible as we know it will be totally different from todays or the very first one. Your logic is your logic Edric, one cannot go against logic, yours anyhow :).

Also, I'm just wondering, do not think it is a little "convenient" that the Bible is as metaphorical as it is? You can translate it this way, but have a different meaning if you defined this as that, making this that. And more people would believe in the Bible if it was not metaphorical, but concrete - which would be hard to argue against, and also more options to argue with - but not to that much of an extent. God inadvertantly sends those people to Hell...

Jezus is mentiond in the Islam Books, But not as it should be. In their bible Jezus is not a Messiah or son of god. In the christian Bible jezus is the son and messiah of God. Islam is More violent then the Christians to my Opinion. "If you die for Allah you will enter the heaven's"

I doubt that Somehow.