Best unit??

alphabeta4000

I think the best unit is Shai-Halud. No not because it's my pet ;). But just because it can destroy entire armies. But I also prefer the projector. But that has a very good antistrategy what is very cheap. Place scouts everywhere...

I think the best units are with the subhouses and the supporting/general units are with the main House.

Yes ;), but you need to cross the sand when attacking the opponent, and for harvesting. But in the part from the destruction of the enemy (destroy base) a worm is useless. But special units (so units which can't cause the destruction) can be a best unit.

Maybe I prefer then the fedaykin. What is buildable unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's very difficult to defeat a Sardaukar....

Nonetheless, the Fremen stand a decent hance, with the camouflage they could hit from a distance and probably make severe casualties before being wiped out. If they were wiped out at all.

And contaminators could probably take care of about....2 Sardaukar. ;D

The Guild would be pushovers.

i dont really care which is the best, but the worst is the AAmines, makers, and contaminators

do not underestimate the power of the aa mine, come to close? then your carry al is dead.

it helps damaging enemy planes.

I want to share some unit quirks (you might already know them), and then you can decide what's best for yourself.

1) Fedakins finre a weaker version of sonic beam, but they can cloak, are cheaper, rides worms, etc. More cost-effective than the sonics.

2) Projecters can give you an extra sub house. First choose anything but Tileaxu, then use project enemy leeches and contaminaters, then attack you own disposiable unit before the projection goes away, and you now have Tileaxu units.

3) Sonic-based weapons do more damage to large units: the waves pass thru the unit, the longer it stays in the unit, the more damage.

4) Deviated missile tks are not as painful, because they attack only one unit at a time. Sonics are usually at the frone lines, and they will fire at the units at the back to do lots of damage you.

do not underestimate the power of the aa mine, come to close? then your carry al is dead.

it helps damaging enemy planes.

Yes, but you like need to replace them almost every 5 second, it could be destroyed by ground unit, it couldn't hit any ground unit and is relatively expensive (even its the cheapest aerial unit.)

Not quite every 5 seconds....

When I smashed Atriedes capital with my forces all I need to do to avoid the ornithopters was to send up about seven AA mines at the start. They blew up yes, but I never needed to replace them.

Although I confess, I do prefer to use vast ammounts of AA troopers spread around for air defence.

• 2 weeks later...

If they stand far from death hand area, they can destroy gunships. But if there are a lot of gunships, they can destroy buiding before units menage kill them.

But sometimes air units haven`t chance to go to base cos units in entry welcoming them with huge amount of missiles from AA troops, missiles tanks or mangooses.