Best unit??

alphabeta4000

Freemen.  Sniper and fedykin freemen, when used smartly are BRUTAL.  Im playing through the game now, using only freemen.......When you use fedykin and snipers and tonsof micro managment, you can take out a entire enemie base units and all without being hit once.  They are the most versatile and are usefull in many different situations. Or perhaps highest level atreidies sniper or kenjaro's....they do a crapload of damage in groups and can quickly recloak.  Am I the only person to think infantry units can be the best? Guess im an infantry purist heh ;).

As in period....you take 10 fedykin aside, and 10 freemen snipers. Spend say 2 or 3 minutes with each one, alone harrasing isolated enemy units, 2 or 3 mins will get it up to second or third elite if your carefull. That means + 50 range/damage, and very fast healing.  Use them as gorrila tactics(move them behind an enemy force going to your base) and they can rape the floor with any other unit in the game.  3x elite's are ungodly, but even normal just out of the barracks freemen can kill any force, even those that outnumber them with micromanagment.  I was playing someone yesterday who had a infantry fetish.......with 3 freemen I took out 27 assorted infantry(in a span of about 2-4 minutes) guarding his harvester.