Scientology

So apparently the past week or two there have been lots of online movement against Scientology. First with the famous tom cruise video where he rambles on about nothing at all when he received some Scientology award (quite funny at times because he makes no sense the ENTIRE video). Also because Scientology told youtube to take the video down. video here

3 days ago an announcement of "war" against Scientology from Anonymous.

Lots of Scientology documents were uploaded to the net in pdf format. Supposedly Scientology websites are getting DDoS.

Pissing off internet mobs is not a good thing.

Definitely will be interesting to watch play out.

Hahahahahah ahahhaa! (you'll understand this if you watched the tom cruise video, HAHAHAHAHa)

post-1194-12833239592071_thumb.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Rise, my minions, rise!!

I honestly expected him to say something like that every time he did the psychotic laugh thing. But really, the whole interview made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I used to think Tom Cruise was brainwashed, but now I doubt he has a brain at all.

He's right about one thing though: Obviously a Scientologist really does have the ability to create new and different realities, because Tom Cruise certainly doesn't live in our reality.

attacks on Scientology are not something new, I believe in some countries it us considered to b e dangerous cult. However there is one important thing to consider about it. It is not a small movement and people really believe in that stuff. The fact that people could be manipulated to believe that should be considered amazing enough because the whole premises to most sound completely stupid, yet people believe. the number of followers is also large, at one time they even infiltrated CIA and FBI higher up positions and stole valuable information. How the people could be made to believe that stuff I think should be closely examined that is a valuable knowledge on brainwashing people.

I visited wikipedia for the definition of Scientology, but it's not that clear to me.

Does Scientology have something to do with science and technology?

Only to the extent that astrology (horoscopes and ridiculous superstitions about the stars influencing your future) has something to do with astronomy (the scientific study of the physical properties of celestial bodies). Astronomy is science and astrology is bullsh*t.

Scientology is a collection of bad science fiction and pseudo-psychological mumbo-jumbo that is supposed to greatly improve your happiness with life as soon as you pay a few hundred thousand dollars to buy it. Unfortunately it has ruined many people's lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGP-0545EU

The one thing I don't get is that the creator, SciFi author L Ron Hubbard, created the religion because of a bet he made with somebody right? A bet that entailed whether or not Ron could create a following that would give payments to him repeatedly.

Does Scientology have something to do with science and technology?

I doubt that it's the scientists' science.

They might use its tools. I once passed in front of one of their offices and decided to enter to see. They've put some machine to register my magnetic field or something close. I think it was to tell how I am and guess my future.

The point seemed to be that "science" in their hands would do something for me. "Gimmicky consumer society" I'd say.

The one thing I don't get is that the creator, SciFi author L Ron Hubbard, created the religion because of a bet he made with somebody right? A bet that entailed whether or not Ron could create a following that would give payments to him repeatedly.

really a bet? if it was because of money, madness or just a sci-fi idea I would see some logic in it, but bet?  ;D

btw there came up a competitor in this branch of market: http://www.universe-people.com/

Well attacking Scientology is not going to achieve much, reasoning with some fanatics is impossible and so even in this case it should not be attempted unless it is possible to trap them somehow in their argument. And the effect would only be substantial if on only if it would be some higher up person in the in that group. Arguing with lower down people usually produces very little effect.

wow, you guys weren't kidding about that laugh.  At first I thought that the laugh was his fake laugh, but I think that is really how he laughs.

So apparently they believe that the SP's (or whatever the aliens are called) populated the earth or put humans on earth....is that true or am I way off?

Well if I had better knowledge of Scientology I would not have mind playing scientologist for some time if asked. However if you guys want a scientologist, Iam sure they have their forums and all needs to be done is ask on those forum for anyone to express their opinions on opinions stated in the thread, I am sure one of them will come to this board to entertain us.

• 2 weeks later...

Big protest in Australia

link, flickr link. Looks to be at least 150 people.

One news article about this protest says there was violence, but they show pictures from a houston texas event. They deleted the article.

link to imageshack picture proving they were spreading misinformation in the deleted article.

News article

video. Apparently Scientology has Anon labeled as cyber terrorists.

I think today is a big protest day around the world.

EDIT:

Yep today is a big day, with at least 70 protests planned.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY

Hmm, I didn't know their was a Scientology place so close to me. 71 members are signed up for it. They even stalked the place out the night before...

EDIT:

there wass live video from London

http://www.qik.com/anonlondon

EDIT:

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Project_Chanology_iRL_Raids_Latest_News

Lots of pics and videos coming in now about the raids. Looks like lots attended.

EDIT:

http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewforum.php?f=13&topicdays=0&start=0

forums for people reporting on how it went with pics/vids.

pic highlights:

pic yellow van rented with sign on it and drove around.

pic of guy in yellow shirt hiding in bushes taking pictures. Once confronted (of anons taking his picture) he ran back into the Scientology building. At another location they had scientologist on roof with camera trying to discretely take their pictures.

EDIT:

The event in Atlanta, Georgia brought out the riot police and a helicopter...

http://picasaweb.google.com/V4KK4R/ScientologyProtest2102008   great pic

It has definitely made it to mainstream media.

CTV News reports on Montreal Scientology Protest

There's a Church of Scientology building opposite where I live, and they offer free "stress tests" in town, to try and recruit people.  Hmm, how can I join in this fight against brainwashing?  I know, I'll join, and bring them down from the inside.

Seriously, I've actually considered it.

Yah, but you'd have to pay $350,000 to get to the top to learn everything and dozens of years. And once they find out who you are and you try to leave they will follow you around (stalk) and harass you.

Hah, they even had a protest in Alaska. There they had a sci inside a van taking video of it. Trying to be sneaky. And in a no parking zone as well.

In LA they had a surveillance van dressed up as ice cream truck to spy on the protestors.

2256749390_e286ab9dee.jpg

the protest seems to have made it onto all major news networks. It was on CTV, Global, and CBC in Canada.