Scientology

Anonymous (or the earlier variations, related to several different websites) were around a long time (years) before the Scientology events. Scientology just made them angry so they directed most of their craziness towards them.

That fox news video I linked to before was uploaded in June 2007.

perhaps they read from Alhazred's terrible Necronomicon during their hideous rituals?

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,

And with strange aeons even death may die"

Anonymous attacks on the websites of Scientology are not going to do anything. They just add more to the mythos that Scientology is using. Scientology told its followers that they would be attacked, Anonymous is doing nothing but fulfilling the prophecy.

Scientology captures people who are more gullible and less skeptical than others, the supply of such people is large and limiting it is impossible if the governments are not willing to take active actions against this cult.

What is needed is the attack that will destroy the mythos of Scientology and undermine it. Something that will enrage the regular public, and capture large number of people's attention. It seems that Scientology knows about it and is able to actively to undermine such effort. But if the effort is made properly to attack Scientology and get wide attention of the public than there could be progress. How to do that I don't know, I do not posses enough of information even to suppose anything.

Another thing would be if Anonymous won't be able to upkeep this fight against Scientology. That will also fuel the mythos as the leaders of Scientology would use this to propaganda purpose of that they were able to stand to this "global threat" to them, this "force of evil". I can see them (leaders of Scientology) saying that the reason they prevailed is because of their believes and their knowledge of the truth. Let's not forget that they were quick to use the image of Anonymous being terrorists, Nazis and Communists (Fox news did that for them). Basically what average not too much educated Joe in America and Canada (where their power base is right now) hates. So if Anonymous loses this will be used to inspire greater loyalty withing the followers.

That is why attacking religions is extremely hard and winning over them is harder.

Okay, this whole Anonymous thing is getting as creepy as the CoS the more I read...anyone else get that impression?

Since Anonymous is, well - anonymous - anyone can claim to be a member or impersonate them. I suspect "Anonymous" is really just a bunch of completely separate groups using the same name.

What is needed is the attack that will destroy the mythos of Scientology and undermine it. Something that will enrage the regular public, and capture large number of people's attention.

I think this was the general opinion on how to deal with terrorism. It's not by the number you kill, but by hitting the essence of the warping of the belief. It fits the same way here, more or less, though Anonymous seems to be playing the US side.

And not unexpectedly, the Scientologists have decided to label Anonymous as 'terrorist', just like how the terrorists pointed their fingers at the United States for being evil.

Church of Scientology launches its military wing, the Brotherhood of Nod.  You heard it here first.

rofl, that would be great. A tie-in to the new Renegade game. The gaming industry moves from terrorists as the generic enemy to rabid scientologists with mind-beams!

• 3 weeks later...

tom cruise at a b'day party

Nothing much interesting, he karaokes and near the end does his crazy laugh.

Protests are tomorrow! Should be interesting to see if it is as big as it was before.

http://www.march15.org/

Hmm, Anonymous seems much more organized this time. My local group has 85 confirmed on facebook. Feb 10 only had 28 confirmed guests with about 10 showing up. Assuming same ratio, that means possible 30 will show up.

Unfortunately I'm back in my home town now and there's no Co$ here, so I can't protest, although where I live there will be one again, and one of the people I'll be living with next year will be there I think, because he went to the last one.

Scientology Injunction Denied Against "Anonymous"

Scientology went to court to prevent anonymous from protesting. Court disagreed with Scientology. Protesting is still legal. Scientology named lots of names on the court documents. So it shows they collected lots of info on protesters. They incorrectly named a starbucks employee that was not involved in the protest.

damn, anonymous websites are down. EDIT: websites back up.

Reports are coming in:

Protest in Melbourne Australia has at least 200 protesters.

Photos here and here

Perth has maybe 100 protesters pics

Sydney has 150 protesters. pics, more pics. sydney news says 300 protesters lin

Adelaide has around 50 protesters. pic. Actually looks to be 100 according to pics, more pics

Tokyo Japan had 5 people, which is good because last time there was only 1. pic, another pic

small report that london england is success with the road blocked because of so many people. no pics or concrete news though.

Edinburgh, Scotland pics.

East coast N.A. starting soon.

Washington D.C. pics

EDIT:

Initial unconfirmed reports have london at 600-700 protesters.

live video/pics from london

Somewhat confirmed at 550 people so far.

Yah there were lots of protests. Locally there was an anti war protest and an anti seal hunt protest. Local media ignored the Scientology protest in the same city, even though there were enough people to warrant newsworthy.

Nema read the rest of the thread as to why there are anti-scientology protests. :)

To sum it up: Scientology angered Anonymous (an internet group) by removing a video from youtube (the crazy tom cruise video). So Anonymous thoroughly attacked scientology online and has had 2 separate days of real life protests.

Protest results

Still missing lots of places. The forum was a good place to see/post results but is offline because of server issues.

this is the place where the entire swat/riot team was last time. scientology definitely has them paid off. Pulling over vehicles that honk in support of the protesters.

I thought there was the 1st amendment or something in the USA..

Anonymous protests again, but Scientology is ready - LA Times blog

Sci blocked a street so harder to protest. But Anon got an airplane!?

Oh great they took down Atlanta's police department website down, that will really make Atlanta police department like Anonymous.

In LA Scientology was clearly shooting a propaganda video that despite the protests they are continuing on with their work and etc. Works great for moral boost and pride boost.