Scientology

Umm, anon has protested in the streets on Feb 10 and March 15. About 10,000 people each time around the world protested in the streets.

Has anyone looked at the video/picture links I provided? It's not limited to DOS attacks. Informing the public about the cult that has infiltrated and destroyed government property, and responsible for the deaths of a couple people is important. Which they are doing with these protests.

There isn't much action here, if any, as far as I know. Scientology doesn't have much of a grip here (most people already have a religion of some sort, be it Christianity, Buddhism, Hinuism... let's not get into that, shall we?). I guess that's a good thing!

Governments need legal basis to make something illegal. However Church of Scientology has no legal standing of religion (I think in all countries it exists as a cult) and so can't be attacked under that. Plus freedom of expression in western nations guarantees that if people want to go "crazy" they can do it since it is their choice.

They treat Jehovah's Witnesses in Singapore... differently. I'm quite sure Scientology has no stand here.

I don't know if it's the best choice for the government to allow the law to ignore Scientology. Especially since it has no legal standing of religion, it could very well influence the polls.

But I'm quite ignorant of the whole affair, so I'll shut up.

• 2 weeks later...

So, there's this shady restaurant in KC, MO probably the shadiest one i know. (lot's of druggies, junkies, drunks, bums, maybe a few small time gansters) It is temporarily closed due to change in management. Well, the word on the street is that the managers that just left were scientologists.  Not only that, but the restaurant is the only restaurant in KC that only takes cash. no credit, check, or debit cards.  On top of that there is a Scientology building just four blocks east of it.  Things reek of money under-the-table kind of operation, which would make sense, because it takes a lot of money to progress through Scientology based on what I've heard.

Anyway, it's the only 24/7 sit in restaurant close to me, so now I have to eat PB and J  after the Taco Bell drive through closes. :(

What do you guys think?  Scientology scandal or no?

That is very interesting Kokiri, I wouldn't doubt it. They always seem to be hiding something, maybe this is a small-time operation of theirs. I wonder the relationship between the Church of Scientology and the IRS? Is there tension?

yea, i want to say that I saw in a documentary once that said the church had fairly high ranking IRS officials in their organization.  So, of course, the higher ups made sure to keep the shady businesses from getting investigated if under control of a fellow scientologist.  Not sure if that's the case now, but apparently they are well integrated into our government and society, whether we know it or not.

Two things.

1. I'd like to protest the assertion that the Brotherhood of Nod's and Scientology's ideologies are similar. We are a proud and ancient fraternal order dedicated to liberating the world from Western capitalist imperialism.

2. I'm really bothered that the news media avoided any mention of the Anonymous protests. I don't think that Scientology has all these networks bribed and bottled-up, that would be fairly ridiculous and we'd be in even worse trouble. But what I do think has happened is that news networks are afraid of the Church of Scientology. They don't want to be spanked with lurid, embarrassing spurious lawsuits. The Church has really succeeded in terrorizing people, worldwide.

1. I'd like to protest the assertion that the Brotherhood of Nod's and Scientology's ideologies are similar. We are a proud and ancient fraternal order dedicated to liberating the world from Western capitalist imperialism.

How can an ancient order be dedicated to liberating the world from something that did not yet exist when the order was founded?

Oh, I see. Kane's prescient vision has guided us from times immemorial to this glorious day. For millenia we have waited in hiding, preparing for the rise of the evil which we are destined to vanquish. Forgive my doubts, brother. :P

Someone really should register a religious organization called the Brotherhood of Nod... If L. Ron Hubbard can make up his own religion, why not Joe Kucan too?

2. I'm really bothered that the news media avoided any mention of the Anonymous protests. I don't think that Scientology has all these networks bribed and bottled-up, that would be fairly ridiculous and we'd be in even worse trouble. But what I do think has happened is that news networks are afraid of the Church of Scientology. They don't want to be spanked with lurid, embarrassing spurious lawsuits. The Church has really succeeded in terrorizing people, worldwide.

Yes, and that speaks volumes about the justice systems that allow them to get away with it.

We probably could found the Brotherhood of Nod and get away with it for a while... at least until Edric decided it was time to really implement the revolutionary agenda. Then we get dropped. Fast. But, honestly, what separates the Church of Scientology from your average Joe, creep and repulsivo cult is just gobs of money. Someone, somewhere in that organization realized that, 1. celebrities are dumb, and 2. any ideology that's so impenetrable so as to seem arcane will convince dumb people that it's real. 1 + 2 = lots of money given to the church. They can afford the lawyers, the paid private eyes, and they can afford to buy off the government as a result. If we were to do anything similar, we'd have to find our own niche in the celebrity sphere and convince them that 1. Kane lives, and 2. because Kane lives, all your $ are belong to us.

Todays protests made it onto ctv news report in the first 7 minutes of the broadcast.

CTV article

The protests were just as successful as the previous two protests from what I gathered.

EDIT:

London had $700 USD worth of KFC popcorn chicken delivered...

WOW there were no riot cops in Atlanta Georgia protest this time.

Is Atlanta Georgia in london? Probably not but it almost seems like you're implying that a riot was quelled via the mass delivering of KFC popcorn chicken:D. Well, KFC is pretty tasty...

When you speak of the ''success'' of these protests, what exactly do you mean? Just that they were well attended?

Not to downplay these protests though, they really seem like they might be going somewhere considering how things seem to have been heated up. Maybe it's just the progression of posts in this thread but they are starting to give that rolling snowball feel off.

However, once the COS (or CO$ as seems to be more appropriate) has had its official religion status revoked, what more can the govterment do to act against them? I can definitely see such an action as progress though, obviously.

Off-topic, but anyway... I don't think this is significant enough to warrant a separate thread, so here goes:

sounds interesting, how?  ;)

Look at this.

"The Government has banned the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Unification Church."

In 1972, the Government deregistered and banned the Singapore Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses on the grounds that its existence was prejudicial to public welfare and order because its members refuse to perform military service (obligatory for all male citizens), salute the flag, or swear oaths of allegiance to the State. At the time, there were approximately 200 Jehovah's Witnesses in the country; at the end of the period covered by this report, there were approximately 2,000. Although the Court of Appeals in 1996 upheld the rights of members of Jehovah's Witnesses to profess, practice, and propagate their religious belief, and the Government does not arrest members for being believers, the result of deregistration has been to make public meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses illegal. Nevertheless, since the 1996 ruling, no charges have been brought against persons attending or holding Jehovah's Witness meetings in private homes.

The Government has banned all written materials published by the International Bible Students Association and the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, both publishing arms of Jehovah's Witnesses. In practice, this has led to confiscation of Bibles published by the groups, although the Bible itself has not been outlawed. A person in possession of banned literature can be fined up to $1,176 (S$2,000) and jailed up to 12 months for a first conviction.

At the end of the period covered by this report, there were 16 members of Jehovah's Witnesses incarcerated in the Armed Forces Detention Barracks because they refused to carry out the legal obligation for all male citizens to serve in the Armed Forces. Of these, four began their sentence during the period covered by this report. There were no known conscientious objectors other than members of Jehovah's Witnesses during the period covered by this report. The initial sentence for failure to comply with the military service requirement is 15 months' imprisonment, to which 24 months are added upon a second refusal. Failure to perform annual military reserve duty, which is required of all those who have completed their initial 2-year obligation, results in 40-day sentences; a 12-month sentence is usual after four such refusals. All of the Jehovah's Witnesses in detention were incarcerated for failing to perform their initial National Service obligations and expect to serve a total of 39 months.

Discussion regarding this shall end here.