Movies other than Dune

Acriku

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.

What.

The.

Fuck.

My mind has been probed and violated over this confusion of an Indie film. The CGI was harder to make out than the real life scenery (which was bare to none, understandably a true Lucas film I guess), and the acting as one-dimensional as they can get (save for Harrison Ford, although some of his dialogue was grimacing at times). The first half of the movie was grand, archaeological extraordinaire that included entertaining chase scenes and interesting take on history. The last 30 minutes will probably leave you wondering what the hell you just saw. That's all I can say. All in all, a disappointing film with cringe-tastic acting by the Russians and eye-gouging CGI effects where you wouldn't expect the need for in some places. My favorite scene was the dropping of the "I love IKE" testing atomic bomb.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched "Stranger than fiction." I actuly enjoyed it a lot, and was quite surprised that Will Ferrel could pull it off.

Yes I enjoyed that movie a lot as well. Better than the other movies I've seen him in recently.

Just watched Indy 4.  As an action flick, it was certainly entertaining, but there were some really cheesy scenes in it.  I guess the previous movies had their cheesy moments as well, though.  I agree with Ex's complaints about the CGI though, and the ending (well, the overall story, acually) was pretty messed up, although it is a pretty epic way of ending the Indy series (if indeed this is the last one).

Just watched my box set of the Matrix Trilogy. But this time I watched them with the philosophy commentaries. Very intersting listening to the differences in the critics commentaries and the philosopher's. Dr. Cornel West is awesome Ken wilber as well.

Indy 4 was horrible.  they got a lot of small things right (like having Shia's physically react to being beat up the same way as Ford reacts to being beat up) but aal the big parts of the film were awfull.

Indy 4 was horrible.  they got a lot of small things right (like having Shia's physically react to being beat up the same way as Ford reacts to being beat up) but aal the big parts of the film were awfull.

Hah, perhaps I'm a bit biased but I actually thought the movie was pretty damn good. The ending kinda shocked me a bit as it was more sci-fi than mystical but the Indiana Jones atmosphere was there. It was a relaxing ride in my opinion. Not the best movie ever but it fits well in with the 3 older movies. I think neither of them are classics on their own but together they're one of the best and most memorable trilogies (but then with 4 movies)... quartologies? :-P

Hah, perhaps I'm a bit biased but I actually thought the movie was pretty damn good. The ending kinda shocked me a bit as it was more sci-fi than mystical but the Indiana Jones atmosphere was there. It was a relaxing ride in my opinion. Not the best movie ever but it fits well in with the 3 older movies. I think neither of them are classics on their own but together they're one of the best and most memorable trilogies (but then with 4 movies)... quartologies? :-P

There were some good parts, but they were overshadowed by the rest. The movie is rife with cliches, cheesy dialogues, bad actors and things that were intended to be funny but aren't. I'd give it a 5/10.

Anyone see the hype surrounding Cloverfield?

Watch the teaser trailer. Pretty good.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

This for me was one of those movies I could not even get through. I actually turned it off about little more than halfway through it. Using the shaky hand cam became annoying as hell to me about 5 minutes after they started using it.NO explanation whatsoever on wtf the creature/monster/THING was. At least all that I watched of it anyway. BTW Andrew that link doesn't work.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Aha!

Found the movie thread. Was gonna post in tv thread. Here's what I have to say:

I just watched cloverfield, and it appeared to be a movie about the stupidest new yorkers ever. :P

Oh look a giant monster, let's get closer! And do really stupid stuff!

A bit of motion sickness at first.

Hopefully transformers 2 is good.

I just watched cloverfield, and it appeared to be a movie about the stupidest new yorkers ever. :P

Oh look a giant monster, let's get closer! And do really stupid stuff!

I can't get off that feeling movies are generally getting worse with every passing year. I believe I watched some other, more recent movie (can't remember which one) that made me think Cloverfield was actually pretty nice :P