Movies other than Dune

Acriku

Anybody see Bourne Ultimatum? I'm reading the book currently, it's great! Can't wait for the movie :D

Watched it today. It sort of reminded me of 24,but maybe thats due to me not having seen the other 2.

Also watched Reign Over Me. I was surprised seeing Adam Sandler play a fairly serious role...I thought he did a great job.

About 28 weeks later and the ending scene.

SPOILER

[hide]I've read many topics on the ending of this film. When they show the helecopter empty, i'm assuming it wasen't a crash due to the hele being or looking rather ok. Also when they show the infected running through Paris, I noticed that if you look close at the first person view of the camera, it is that of a very small person compared to the others (Andy?). He was deffinately infected

but didn't turn. He was merely a carrier of the rage virus as was his mother. God I hope they explain this in the next movie.[/hide]

the last few movies I watched:

- a scanner darkly (wow!)

- 28 weeks later (nice music, nice city views, nice action)

- smokin' aces (weird but still funny somehow)

- the bourne ultimatum (again, nice music, nice action and closes the storyline finally)

• 2 weeks later...

"1408" Maybe it was due to me reading the book also about this story, I loved it.

I thought it had different ways of scaring one. It just had a way of getting into your head I thought. Great movie, because it didn't rely on the fluff n gore of traditional horror movies to scare. But that's just me.

It was a very refreshing horrror flick,especially after watching "Vacancy",which I thought was great, up till the ending which made me want to throw my soda through my TV. That has to be one of the worst endings EVER.

Just finished yet another Takeshi Kitano classic: "Kikujiro" - a movie about a boy and a dead-beat gambler (Takeshi) on a journey to find the boy's mother. They gather along the kindness and fun of strangers the entire journey, while forming a bond the boy never had. Must see!

Serenity - hell yeah baby. Great movie. Nightwatch - is that the first of the Russian series or the newly released second one? Saw the first one, very well done in my opinion. Have yet to see Bourne Ultimatum - but I read the book and I can tell how far off the deep end the movie went as far as the book's plot  :D

Nightwatch was the first one, the second has only just come out on cinemas here, not sure if its on the mainstream cinemas though, but I'd really like to see it.  Serenity was good, but could have done with a little more action in my opinion, especially that scene where the girl kills all the Reapers after going back in the room to get the First Aid kit; you just don't see the action enough!

• 2 weeks later...

28 weeks later was awesome. Great sequel. Hope to see a third movie. It's late here, but I cant sleep after just finishing watching it. adrenaline rush!

And I now know what this means:

28 Months later? The only sfae places will be america and australia surely?

Definitely a good reason to make a 3rd movie. Unless they did some radical things like they did in Frank Herbert novel "white plague" by nuking and basically wiping out certain areas. I think in the novel Moscow had wiped out a circle around itself to protect itself. The disease is airborne I think.

Would be interesting to know what happened to original characters that survived original movie.

Bourne Ultimatum was a good movie. Good trilogy.

Zodiac is a good crime/mystery movie. Very long. Over 2 1/2 hours.

Yeah Andrew, I was hoping to find out about at least the main guy from 28 Days, but alas not even a cameo. The ending was just insane.

Just finished watching a FANTASTIC new anime called "Tekkonkinkreet" directed by an American who currently resides in Japan (the producer of Animatrix). Amazing visuals (combining seamless CG with hand-drawn animation) and unforgettable characters. A must-see if you are not stubborn about watching "children's cartoons"! Ironically not at all for children, as it's very violent in some areas.

Quicktime Trailer here

It's about two kids, Black and White, who are very strong for kids and can jump very high. Black is a blood-thirsty violent kid, but also meant to protect the somewhat "challenged" little brother, White. They compose the Neko gang (Cat gang) who "own" the town they live in, Treasure Town. Like most cities though, Treasure Town's officials bring in contractors to change part of the city into an attraction. Black hates the idea and decides to risk his life with White to defend his town.

I'm hella excited. I read the book, by Matheson and it is very good. I hope it's not too hollywood-ized.

Just got back from Saw IV and boy is that gruesome! Answers a lot of questions, and leaves just enough to drag you into seeing the V and VI movies. Phew, glad it's over for now...

I've watched Sunshine recently, I can't say I liked or disliked it specifically, but thinking of it now, I get an odd feeling that I've seen a movie with quite a similar setting and plot twists, but I can't say what film it is (don't say Alien because it's not it :)). A definite plus for Sunshine is that I watched it in the original, makes some good practice ;)

Ho.

Ly.

Shit.

30 days of night is frelling awesome! That new vampire movie in Alaska is just very cool and different as far as vampire movies go. Now I'm off to squeeze my teddy bear to death until dawn arrives...

I'm getting it...er going to watch it tonight. it does look to be like a good one. Your opening critique sort of convinced me to watch it. I dont want any spoilers for it, but does it have a good storyline?