Maybe for good

mordusxxx

well im sick of this... my stupid computer keeps messing up on me, laggin the hell out of every game i play.. for no reason at all, ive ran test after test, updated every possible thing i could.. switch settings reswitched them and still my games lag to beat hell.... theres nothing anyone can do except maybe a tech, and im not going to pay for something that should be working fine.... i guess i'll see you mofos sometime down the road.. hopefully theres one or two of you left when i come back =/ later

dude just reformat your hard drive. back up any crucial data... and lets face it... someone like you has no crucial data so that'll be easy for you.

Then just get the Windows XP OS install disk that came with your computer and do a fresh install.  Trust me your computer will run 100 times faster and u will sh!t your pants!  Its what a tech would do anyways.

And you dont need to be a tech to do a reformat.  Please for god sake dont be a moron and go your whole life without learning how to reformat... its so damn easy.

Hey, mordfool, do a goddamn reinstall man. Shit, its not too hard, even an ex army person like you should be able to do it  ;)

Dont do nothing other then putting in your XP CD and then pressing enter when it says.

Just install without formatting. Might save some stuff, not programs though, thats gonna need to be reinstalled.

I cant reformat my computer... i think i would of done that way long before i started asking all these questions. for 1 i dont have the windows xp home edition cd nor validation key, second, i have about three programs on my computer adobe photshop shit like that, that i got burnt for me, no cd key anymore.. so if theres something else i can do then i'd gladly do it.. and guns i will be buying two sticks of ram com income task, not ready to get a new processor.. no cash for that nor do i know how to put them in let alone the ram chips lol anyways.. so yeah im fked no cd no reformat =(

Well once you get your setup back, or a clean install again after formatting or whatever, try using something like Drive Image. It's the next best thing to sliced bread.  ;) I have the program I can send you through msn since I have a nice upload speed it will take no time.

hey mord, when you say lag...do you mean like delays in game only?

or  somethin like more like hardware thrashing? Hdd light on always etc cpu at 100% pc totally taxed while doing anything? coughnorthwoodcoughcyrixcoughnocachefpucough ;D

coz if if just laahg, you could always try ping the server ?

Start->run-> cmd > ping <raserverip> rinse and repeat 

see if you cant get a consistant ping before blaming your heatware

if only pc's were as good as the old amiga

were 'plug and play' wasnt confused with 'plug and pray'  ???

i doubt its his ping or internet connection... its defiantely his hardware.  Because when it comes time to attack his CPU and RAM have to proces alot of info but it cant becuz its inferior and so it CHOKES.  *cough* *sputter*......................

Also i am very disappointed that mord said he doesnt know to change ram stick in a computer.   W T F ?  I mean i cant beleive that someone in their young 20's who is ex-military DOESNT KNOW HOW TO OPEN A COMPUTER CASE AND CHANGE RAM.  RAM IS THE EASIEST THING TO CHANGE.  MY LITTLE SISTER CAN CHANGE RAM.  WELL I DONT HAVE A SISTER BUT IF I DID SHE WOULD BE ABLE TO.  Mordus... you would think between your time of living in your mom's basement unemployed and working for the military .... that you would atleast have learned how to do basic computer upgrades! ! !

I can see it right now.....  *Flash camera to Iraq*

Admiral Mahoney :  Morduss ! WE need you to change the RAM stick on the defense module of the USS Lincoln so we can activate our point defense weapons and shoot down the Iranian silkworm missile that is inbound!

Morduss :  But But BUT i cant!

Admiral Mahoney:  What?! you mean a young man like you who lived in his mom's basement playing emperor online for 10 years cant change RAM sticks on the one piece of equipment that has given him so much joy in his life?

Morduss:  Naw man i  mean i am smart enough to think of BO's for emp but when it comes to RAM sticks ... i just... i just.. i freeze up !  MY hands shake.  OH GOD HELP ME.

Admiral Mahoney:   LISTEN TO ME... if you dont change the RAM sticks in the defense module we cant activate our point defense weapons... Snap out of it and do something!

Morduss:   Cant we just call a technician and pay him 100 bucks to do it?

Admiral Mahoney:  YOU ARE THE technician son!... *backhands morduss*

Morduss:  I cant do it i cant i cant...

Admiral Mahoney:  *looks out window sees silkworm missile coming right at them*      Oh god i never knew it would end like this!!

MOrduss & Mahoney :    *KABLAAAAMMMOOO*  *Everyone including them dies a fiery gruesome death and sinks to bottom of persian gulf.

Department of Homeland defense and Pentagon enact legislation demanding that all US Army personnel be able to change RAM sticks and install Windows XP Operating System.

The End.

I can see it right now.....  *Flash camera to Iraq*

Admiral Mahoney :  Morduss ! WE need you to change the RAM stick on the defense module of the USS Lincoln so we can activate our point defense weapons and shoot down the Iranian silkworm missile that is inbound!

Morduss :  But But BUT i cant!

Admiral Mahoney:  What?! you mean a young man like you who lived in his mom's basement playing emperor online for 10 years cant change RAM sticks on the one piece of equipment that has given him so much joy in his life?

Morduss:  Naw man i  mean i am smart enough to think of BO's for emp but when it comes to RAM sticks ... i just... i just.. i freeze up !  MY hands shake.  OH GOD HELP ME.

Admiral Mahoney:  LISTEN TO ME... if you dont change the RAM sticks in the defense module we cant activate our point defense weapons... Snap out of it and do something!

Morduss:  Cant we just call a technician and pay him 100 bucks to do it?

Admiral Mahoney:  YOU ARE THE technician son!... *backhands morduss*

Morduss:  I cant do it i cant i cant...

Admiral Mahoney:  *looks out window sees silkworm missile coming right at them*      Oh god i never knew it would end like this!!

MOrduss & Mahoney :    *KABLAAAAMMMOOO*  *Everyone including them dies a fiery gruesome death and sinks to bottom of persian gulf.

Department of Homeland defense and Pentagon enact legislation demanding that all US Army personnel be able to change RAM sticks and install Windows XP Operating System.

The End.

this is a good quality post

if only pc's were as good as the old amiga

were 'plug and play' wasn't confused with 'plug and pray'  ???

yes but they didn't have viruses back then and its always easy to playe mortal combat with 6 mb

vga.. i think its not the quality that have changed but its just that things got more complicated

mordusxxx just re-install emperor  again deleting all files. try it out. it may be good.

and set up low graphics when playing emperor dude ,it would help.

dont forget to set up speed to 8.

close msn and kazza.

if possible , norton antivirus and firewall , it may up ur connection speed;

late dude.

check if windowns xp firewall not be able. it could get issues too.

ah

windonws xp home ed is sux dude , try get professional cuz home xp has limited configuration(set up) as software and what they may use.

windonws xp prof is better as it.

late.

i will back soon.

just reading post and playing star wars-jedi outcast multiplayer. its rox;

late dude.

ah try atualize drives video and fast ethernet it could be problem. u could be using wrong driver.

there is each driver to each motherboard try it out it runned to me. hehe

late( seen mordusxx is noob as pc we need give many options lol)

unnistall video driver and install again it may help u.( does right driver to ur motherboard)

late dude

He doesn't have the disk anyways. Is there any program on your programs list that says "burn restore disk" now? If not we can find one.

And the difference between Professional and Home Edition is the most propaganditized over-hyped load of bs in modern day computing.

ok, i got the files burnt to a disk, right when it was done it asked me if i wanted to install lol, i wont do it yet, will it uninstall the old windows once i install the new one? or is there something fancy i have to do to reformat and clean this beast of its sickness? :P

And the difference between Professional and Home Edition is the most propaganditized over-hyped load of bs in modern day computing.

yep, you got that right. XP pro is a sys.and memory hog, Home Edition is not. I've never had a problem with XP home. What it is is people that don't know too much about OS's think that an OS with Pro version is somehow always better than the others but that is not the case at all.

Actually WinXP Pro does have some good  features.

1.)  Win Xp pro  supports dual processors... Home does not.

2.)  Win Xp pro has better support for Networking computers than Home does.

I'm sure there are others but those are the two main ones that stick out in my mind.  I agree that the world wont come to an end if you dont get pro.... but there is a reason pro costs a little more... usually more features and better support for other features.  Whether its worth it to you to upgrade.. well thats up to you to decide.  ;)

no dont install it from inside windows.

first format all drivers others than c: from windows by right clicking  in them and choose format.

then restart then look carfully the computer will ask u if u want

to inter setup to cd just befor it start windows then u must press any key to continue.

then it will load setup..

after that work ure way to partetions like c: and d: and so

choose c: then choose to reinstall it will ask u automaticly if u want to format so u choose ok..

then it will start installing and dont forget to write down the cd key on a paper..

mord i prefere if u pm to have more info..

Ok burnt it to a cd, backed up all my important things on other cds, tried installing it when it was in cd drive, typed in my cd key, it started installing, got to third step of installation, then stopped told me a version of windows was already running, so i kept cd in cd drive, restarted computer, clicked Windows Xp Profesional, it started windows setup then says CMDIDE.SYS CORRUPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf does that mean? windows is no good? i mean it seemd fine spicy uses it wtf =(

thankfully nowdays even  a noob like mordus can poke around in a pc without too much problem,

i mean its colour coded, and notched!!  the dam thing would only go in one way.. ffs how hard can it be?

just be carful of one thing, static death --might be a good idea to leave it plugged in to the wall and turned off

have your hand on the power supply b4 u touch anything..

i think amiga was aga not vga spicy or ecs/ocs agnus for the old 600/500 series,

but i would love 6 mb ram back then :P

the one thing that pissed me off when u need to reinstall xp is.......PERMISSIONS & SECURITY!!!!! seeing as user'mordus' owns the hd, this new owner s-5175567-sdf-778344-fcghx4-34245 thanks bill, wont have write access to c:/  lOl i love it!  windows nt  "nice try"