Maybe for good

mordusxxx

First of all, pls dont tell me how fast or slow my computer is, i know how fast emp used to run and how shitty it was compared to your LEET puter, but the fact is you havent played a game with me since this issue has occured, if you had, then you would know something is wrong, the games are unplayable, meaning it takes two minutes for a windtrap to build, i mean cmon even you dont have a memory that bad to remember playing one vs one at a good speed, maybe not BLAZING like you think but it still was nice... and secondly yes i will be getting some more ram put in just not right this minute, thats the reason why im trying to figure out why the hell its acting like this... so if you dont want to help thats fine guns im not asking you to, im just asking that someone with the experience try to really determine whats wrong, and not tell me that i need more fking ram, cuz its getting old.

Guns, first of all he doesn't run PC133 -- my post from Crucial is specifically for his PC.

And secondly the Dell 2350 doesn't have an AGP or PCI-Express slot which means he'd need a PCI card

Well if he has to put in a PCI card cuz he doesnt have any modern vid card slot....then forget it.....and forget the RAM too... its not worth putting money into that piece of sh** computer.

Save your money and buy a new rig....i would save every penny you got and buy a new rig. It can be an older rig.. but just an  older rig with quality parts.... what you have is an old rig that was made with crap.

As for trying to get back the tiny bit of speed you use to have..... either find the exact drivers for that integrated chip or try to disable/turn off   as many graphics features as you can. THATS IT THERE IS NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO   I do want to help you but when i tell you what the problem is you dont want to listen to it.  It doesnt take an expert to realize whats wrong with your comp.

Man i cant believe in 2007 I'd be trying to troubleshoot something thats only worthy of grandma using to check her e-mail with.  ;D

Guns

Ok mord... i found out the prob with your comp...i think it has to do with getting the EXACT driver...... it seems those intergrated chips are VERY picky about which drivers they get... it has to be a SPECIFIC  driver version with a SPECIFIC build.

Unfortunately intel states they no longer support your chip however i found a cross-reference chart that will show me which driver you need based on your chip number and build.

Standby.....................

try this mord --->  http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-support/9033/a08/win2k_xp14103.exe&agr=N&ProductID=865&DwnldId=9033&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems〈=eng

this is a link to the most recent driver for your chip... click the link... it will take you to intel page... and download will start automatically... a yellow bar may appear at top of browser and you may have to right click it and say "download file"

alright, i understand my computers a peice of shit.. i get that. and i get that you dont realize the significance of how much "speed" i actually lost. i have downloaded that drive three times now.. and to no avail. do i need to remove the old driver after i install a new one or? i do not get it.. and yes i will be buying the best electronics has to offer as soon as my new job starts paying off so stfu GUNS! =P alright well i guess there is nothing you great mind can think of as to why i lost so much speed ohwell i'll just keep being a nuisance here on the forums.... until we meet on the sands warriors of arrakis!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just curious Mord, but what type/brand is your mainboard? Also is your RAM DDR? or the older memory?

If your mainboard has all kinds of integrated stuff...like sound and video and you have what 384 megs of memory, and an OS that takes 124 megs to just run then man it's just time to upgrade your stuff. Also did you just recently start using XP? The reason I ask that is say you used Win 2k pro, then just started using XP pro or home. Thats a big bite out of your RAM going from win 2k pro to XP pro.

you must remove the old driver BEFORE you install the new one.

1.)  Go to add/remove programs list and remove your video driver.

2.) Reboot

3.) Double CLick on the driver file you downloaded.....Install new Driver

4.) Reboot.

5.) GO back into graphics settings in your screenshot and disable filtering.

If this doesnt work then we have to try a new driver

Here is the chart

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-009479.htm

Look at the vertical column of 82845 (thats yours)  Each "X" is a potential driver that could work for you. 

p.s. -

Windows* XP Instructions - Check the driver version in Device Manager:

Click the Start button.

Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.

Click the Hardware tab.

Click the Device Manager button.

Click on the + icon that appears in front of the Display adapters icon to expand this section.

Double-click on either the icon or name of the first display adapter that is listed in this section.

Click the Driver tab.

The graphics driver version string, such as example "6.13.01.4670", will be shown as the Driver Version:.

If you can find these last four bolded numbers that will tell us which drivers to use.

ok ok ok ... newsflash.... none of those drivers will work for you on that chart because you have a Dell which is considered OEM or third party Drivers.  Your crappy computer has just taken this to a whole new level.

and the good news is i tracked it down...... 

http://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R79733.EXE    --> Dell video drivers for 82845 for Dell

To Install After Downloading..........

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R79733.EXE.

2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or

unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSr79733. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.

Setup.exe) file can be found later.

3.The Self-Extractor window appears.

4.Click OK.

5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor

window is still open, close it.

6.Click the Start button and then click Run.

7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSr79733 in the Open textbox and then click OK.

8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

..........REBOOT

I'm certain this will work.... if it doesnt you probably did something wrong.

Ya i m great i got see it out before gun did can see. lol

hey mordusxx go to (model motherboard site ) and type model and number of it in box and download the right graphifc driver to it.

but u need go to painel control and remove or modify hardware and uninstall graphic driver u been using .

it would help?

is it integrate motherboard??

nice check how video memory did u add and minimum is 256 seen windowns xp request 128. u woulnt run it nice.

i think u should unninstal ur windonws xp home and intall win xp professional . it is better.

windonws xp home edition is a limited windnws as windonws xp professional there is more recurse u could use as it.

bye bye dude and dont forget to change windons

ah

sometimes unninstal software and re install them again is nice seen any archinve could be lost or modify for a virus it would do a bad use of program

i have tested it before and it runned .

unnistal msn and rest of program its not necessary to a windonws and ur antivirus too and re install all again after cleaned it .many modified archives will be deleted and u will replace good archive.

test it out and dont forget to get out ur sound driver too it could be giving problems.( go to motherboard site and not memory card site dude and get the right driver)( if integrated)

The graphics driver version string, such as example "6.13.01.4670", will be shown as the Driver Version:.

If you can find these last four bolded numbers that will tell us which drivers to use.

It should also show up right when he boots up his pc,usually the first thing that comes on.

last file you attached was an old driver guns, the one i have now version 6.14.43 or w/e is the newest one, i uninstalled the old drive rebooted and installed the new one and rebooted to no avail lol

Dont worry if the last one i posted is an old driver..... you see sometimes machines dont like new drivers.  In many cases people have fixed problems by going back to old drivers because the machine is more compatible with it.

Just go ahead and try the last one i posted   http://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R79733.EXE    Lets see if it works.

yes , i agree with scar. its OK that your PC was good before but now just imagine that its is dead...

PC dies you know just like other stuff like (humans,dogs,bicks,and cars)

just look at ure pc market value now. no one will buy it from you at eBay for more than 40$

i mean 40$ is good to buy 2 persons pizza and cock for 1 dinner..

i will tell you about me, 2 years ago i had a PC worse than ures, and i was a total nob

in pc s . then it all changed when the hard driver died so i wanted to buy new one but the guy

at the shop told me ure pc is dead and don't put money in to it..

OK. Mord am like u i love gaming so i decided to do something about it..

i got my self a 3ghz Pentium processor and 6200(256MB) geforcce,1g ram.

believe me just buying a new computer made me learn 100s of things about computers and hardware.

i found out that it wasn't me that was stupid. it was my old PC lol. it was holding me from

seeing and learning new things..

now i playe lots of new games and u wont believe haw fun it is Mord. forget about emp man lol.

start using the new stuff for a change. its like u are using the steam power engines when

other peapol are driving a porch carira GT. u know?

then u are trying to post here and fix the steam engine u have. i think it cant be saved unless

u are some kind of museum collector expert who try to find and repair historical things.

plz don't feel bad i told u this Mord . some things in this life must be done. believe me u

must get a new gear man. even if you sold your car..lol

it will means to u 1000s of hours of fun and learning,

ask scar to make a PC for you and ship it to ure place am sure he wont profit from u(maybe just a lil bit to feed the family lol)

good luck all)

I suggest you use ccleaner after all that driver changing, its free software and very good at what it does. Also it might be an idea to check out pcpitstop it may highlight some issues with your system, which may help you get back to your old effectiveness. They are both extremely easy to use (even i managed tech deficient that i am).

Well Gun will get him fixed up hopefully. But I will be selling my PC in a week or so when income tax return gets here i'm upgrading big time. Newegg.com is the place to get anything you need for PC parts. It just doesen't get any cheaper than that site, either budget or good quality PC parts. Mine I have now that I will be selling is an ASUS mboard,AMD XP 3000+,3 gigs kingston 400 DDR,nvidia Gforce FX 5500 256MB/128 bit vid card,60 gig Maxtor HDD,DVD/CD burner,CD-Rom 56x. Nice adjustable Thermaltake CPU heatsink/fan, Black tower case with LED blue temp readout. At the time I put this one together I believe it was around $350 for all that. Not sure what i'll be selling it for but it will probably be around $125 without monitor...I think thats a decent price for it. But if Mord wanted to I would have no prob selling seperate things like mboard cpu, ram or whatever. I'm not sure what the PC specs are you have, but i'm sure it would put it to shame for performance.

Scar i'll buy it.. when income tax comes could i use this dell monitor on that computer or? also, ive came to conclusions its not my graphics card, has to be something else like video card or something, games run semi fine, in computer mode still some unwanted luggish lag, but then in online games it seems that the other person give me lag also, and when he leaves or dies, and its just me there the game runs ok, idk though i dont have any viruses on this computer or any thing like that i just reinstalled windows so everything should be brand spankin new, and scar do you think with that hardware you have i could run emp and world of warcraft fine or what?

scar do you think with that hardware you have i could run emp and world of warcraft fine or what?

It would run those games with ease, I play BF2 with no probs at all even though my vid card is on the low end side for that game it still runs it smooth with 64 players. Ask Gun when me and him play emp 1v1 it's so fast that it's almost impossible to micro units. I don't know what WoW specs are but i'm positive it will play it with ease. But i'll let ya know first when I get my new PC together, I would say about a few weeks or so.

i think he means the driver erjin..

and mord you are startting to think correctly now.. stop fixing that dinosaur man it will drag u down.

125& is a great prise Mord.. i got my video card 6200 geforce for more than 70$.. so u can imagine..

just cut those 125$ from ure budget anyway possible , go for that PC with all ure power

scar s computer is great  and better than mine Mord.. it can run all the games in the market.

now am playing nfs carbon with my PC and it runs good so imagine what can u do coz  scars PC is even better than mine...

am happy i have put that idea in ure head Mord its the right thing to do and yes it would work on

ure  monitor..well i think so because all mnitors are the same. but u can ask olso about it

I got the pics and info of some of my system I have now....

Here's my mboard, just scroll down a bit for pictures of it

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/asus-a7n8x/

Here's the CPU

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/amd3000+/index.html

Here's the memory sticks I have 3 of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820141307

Here's the video card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814170050

The DVD burner I will be keeping since I just recently got it. other than that i'll be selling the rest..and I don't see why you would have any prob with using your monitor with this setup.