Maybe for good

mordusxxx

its a driver issue and/or your graphics settings.

go to your graphics card settings in windows (not in emp) and disable all the stuff like  4xAA and 4X aniso  and turn Vertical Sync OFF.

Then go in emp and run on 800 x 600 resolution with all graphics low and T & L turned OFF.  Also make sure shadows are turned OFF.

That should do it... if not then RAM is the problem or your crappy video card is poooping out.

i dont think people understand, my computer WAS fine, then all of a sudden it just took a shit... and i dont know why ive tried everything and i cant figure it out... so yes same hardware same outcome as when the game ran PERFECT.... not anymore though

Alright mord since your computerally challenged i made this slideshow for your azz.

if you cant read the text in the pictures hover your mouse over the picure and look for the enlargement icon... or download the pictures to your desktop and open in paint.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8366/step10ln.jpg  -Step 1  RIght click on desktop and go to properties

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8890/step22vf.jpg  -Step 2 Go to advanced settings

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2716/step39wm.jpg  -Step 3  Go to your graphics card tab

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/126/step49sv.jpg   -Step 4  find the various GPU settings... and do what I say.

These steps dont just go for mordus... this go for anyone with a crap computer that is slightly superior to a toaster.

i dont think people understand, my computer WAS fine, then all of a sudden it just took a shit...

the hardware dosnt get effected with what u do or install..

once u reinstalled and formated it should be back to factory

condition.. if everebudy is going to throw awy his pc only because he got some bad programes on it no one will ever keep

a pc for more than few dayes.. me too somtimes i get my pc

to bad condition.. but once i format everything go back to

the stage i told u about. its like starting from zero..

but why u cant reatch that stage? i am sure its not ur hardware

maybe there is somthing rong with the new windows//

anyway i am no were near beeing a pc advisor mord

but i just have this remark to u : ure hardware is fine.

mord  i know exactly what your problem is

the screenshot you just showed me.... IS NOT your graphics card.... what i am seeing there is your INTEGRATED MOTHERBOARD graphics.

Your problem is very simple.  You must DISABLE your motherboard integrated graphics.... and then INSTALL the correct drivers for your Graphics card.

I believe you have a Geforce 4 MMX right?

Well right now your card is NOT being used at all... its as if it werent installed.  Your computer is using its own integrated graphics which is CRAP.

So go under device manager and disable the integrated video processor or go to "add and remove programs" in the control panel and remove the drivers for your integrated  video processor so that it becomes unrecognized..... and then re-install drivers for your Geforce 4 MMX.

Simple as pie.

DUDE i'd love to do this, but i dont even know were to start or were my TRUE graphics card is...and how do i know thats not my real graphics card?!?!?!!

thats is easy mord.. just get with gun on msn when he is online got few minuts and he will help u..

i would do it if i could but i dont know mutch about intergrated cards but i can try if u want..

well frankly guns i dont think  you know what your talking about?!?! Lol ive never said ive had a nvidia card, nor have i ever bought one =P doof so i think my intel 8284g chipset is my real graphics card...

Mord i could have sworn you and some others said you were looking for a Geforce 4 MMX ... like LONG LONG time ago... i even quoted you a price of like 40 bucks at the time.   I honestly thought you had gone and done it.  ANd i thought you did because i thought you were a bit faster afterwards.  PERHAPS i am thinking of Alchemi...yea nevermind that was alchemi.

Anyways.... the intel 8284g chipset is NOT a REAL graphics card.... that is simply a piece of crap tiny little chip on your motherboard that tries to SIMULATE a graphics card.  A REAL graphics card has its own VRAM and everything.  Your intel 8284g chipset doesnt have VRAM so it has to steal some of your 382MB of RAM  which is bad cuz Windows XP already uses 256MB of RAM and running emperor probably uses another 100MB of RAM.

So all together you got 356 MB of RAM being consumed by your computer JUST BY BOOTING UP AND THEN STARTING UP EMPEROR!

This means you have no RAM left to perform any video functions and your poor computer has to access the Harddrive to use as "virtual" RAM.  This causes massive slowdowns especially when there are 100's of units on the screen.

Furthermore if you are sure that you never installed a graphics card in your computer and you have always run with that crap-ass intergrated graphics chip, then you're an idiot.  Cuz a Geforce 4 MMX which is like 20 bucks would make you run 100 times faster.

If your computer runs better than it ever did but it laggs in a SIMPLE game like Emperor.  Then its due to LOW RAM.  and using integrated motherboard graphics.

For f*ck sake post your address here and beg someone to mail you a graphics card and 2 sticks of RAM.