Maybe for good

mordusxxx

Because I bought all my components at newegg. those links I just posted are just for picture references mainly. Plus I bought them when they were all on special at the time. Specials like combo prices for the mboard and CPU that were cheaper than getting each separately. They always have specials going on there.

See if I would have bought those components say at best-buy or circuit-city it would be somewhere around $1500 at the least. I learned that crap the hard way a long time ago..the way to shop for PC parts is on line at either through Pricewatch or newegg for the best prices period. Not to mention that newegg's items, most of them are free shipping.

you better not sell it to him... and jeff go back under that rock bish!!!!! =P yeah i told my gf i was gonna buy it so whenever you get that system tell me, i cant wait to play burning crusade guess i'll just have to wait alittle longer.. but i still want to know wtf is wrong with my computer... because me and spaze tried playing a game today and he was like wtf man are you downloading something lol he knew it right when i knew it..

hey mordus, apart from all the rest of this shit,  is there anything  that may

have happened before your 'slowdowns?'    and i mean ANYTHING like a  power cut,

clock reset, someone bumped the pc??

there could be a slight possibility that dispite all the software you've been

screwing with, it could be something small and unnoticable like a

cmos-clear?(thats like a completely reset mainboard-defaults)...

hell even a slightly out of place Ram stick..

chances are ur ram is probly being shared more to your onboard video chip(that is

you maybe giving more of your system ram to act as video ram), or your memory

latency is too low, or ide hd settings were set to fail safes..

it might be a good idea to look at your bios if ms/intel video drivers providers

aren't helping much..

poke around in bios (delete at bootup) and look around for the shared video memory

size setting, and set that to 32MB, no higher(as you dont have a lot of ram to

play with)

next look for memory settings,  if you see anything about 'timings' or 'cas

latency'

then set them to 'By SPD/auto' ..also find '1T command' and disable it,

then find 'Bank/or Rank Interleaving' and set this to 'Disabled'  ---these

settings will slow your ram for a tradeoff for more stability...

seeing as its also a brandname(tailored)pc, id instantly assume that its not designed to be pushed in any way..

if you think any of that shit in  the  above post is too technical for you, then...theres only 1 other thing you can try...

'Load bios/setup defaults'...  and then setup your boot drive again after that..

by the way if your running XP now then theres one other thing...

as gun mentioned b4 theres this thing called 'virtual memory'

that taxes your hard disk real hard in an effort to simulate Ram..

and by default windows will set an amount based on the amount of Ram you have..

its pretty stupid too, so you gotta help billy's shit software out a bit by going to

'system properties' from control panel then follow the tab order,

> advanced > performance-settings >advanced (make sure that 'Programs' is checked for both boxes here) > virtual memory->change >

then select the drive you want to use for virtual ram (select your "fast" drive>

set 'System managed' after you select the drive >and set 'No page file' on all other drives (select them 1 by 1 and go thru)..

restart your machine.. hope it works a bit quicker..   

but seriously mord, with less than 512 mb ram, you should really consider going back to win98se.. but try all that see if it helps....

just remember  dont touch anything in the bios screen you are sure u dont know about like , voltages, pci clocks, interrupts,floppy drives,clocks, multipliers, or front side bus settings mmmk? and dont use the F1 key as a help guide either :P

also dont run the game execuable with that -c switch,

if in doubt write all ur bios settings down on paper,and post em here if you could be bothered,

theres plenty of people here who can identify a bad set and have you change it..

im not a fan of onboard video cards,and havnt used 1 for more than a decade,

but is 'enable write combining' on the display-troubleshoot tab still applicable to them?

anyway mord u got my msn, just ask if u need a hand, the thing that i know is gonna piss you right off is that a seemingly technical pain in the ass pc prob usually has a VERY simple solution, and that when you dicover it, you wont ever EVER forget, as you have just destroyed everything so far in a vain effort to repair it lol....

dood good luck with it, and dont be scared to touch ur components(around the edges like a cd)

give the ram connectors a clean, put em back in( note the notch in the ram and board )

hope you get it sorted man ;)

anyone wanna give him a diy pc for noobs guide link? could help :) sry for the long post..

So Scar iwth shipping ang handling included... whats the finl price you are gonna sell your computer to mord for?

I told him $125 and I would guess what $25 more for the shipping, so $150 total i'll sell it for. That would be in the tower case shipped and without the DVD/CD burner and HDD. All he would have to do is plug in monitor and HDD and go. Bios is already set at optimal sets....so don't even attempt to mess with it. The only thing you have to do in bios is to detect your HDD and or any other CD or DVD drives you want to add....other than that LEAVE THE BIOS ALONE! I can't stress that enough, cause 90% of whats in this bios you will have no clue what it is for. I'm not saying your stupid or anything, just saying that it is set to max/optimal performance for it's memory,CPU,Bus speeds,graphics etc.

Also here's a pic of the heatsink/fan it has....http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Cooler/Retail/A1745/a1745.asp

Again, it's up to you if you want to buy it or not, or maybe Gun can find you a good deal on a combo special...but either way it's a fair price I think. The parts I have are not budget crap. A little older by todays PC's but it's still a kick ass PC for the price.

I was going to just pass it on to the kids, but they have one I built that has the same mboard as mine but it has an AMD 1800+ with a 5200 vid card that does just fine still and it's around 5 years old now.

Man Mord, after looking at your mainboard picture i'm 100% certain you will sh*t your pants at the difference with this PC. Without a doubt. I mean damn, it doesen't even have an AGP slot in yours, i've bought older budget boards that have had integrated stuff on them that at least also had an AGP slot. That board you showed me, plus the 384 of old sdram and the 1.7 Celeron = pure ccccrrraaaap!