World Cup 2006TM

Nuvollari

d00d, did you see the first half of their match against Sweden? It was awesome, really, and much better than Jamaica  ;) And if they can keep it up, (and teach Crouch to head and Lampard to kick), they'll be brazil-bashers soon!

Unfortunately a match is at least 90 minutes, and not 45. I am not very impressed with England, and feel that they are the most hyped team of the tournament. All that hype has built up to nothing. So far, they haven't done anything impressive, though they have scrapped some results with ugly football. If they get their act together, they shouldn't have much trouble overcoming Ecuador.

Really, really disappointing show by the Brits, I expected much better football from them. They're just lucky that only one of Argentina and Germany are going to be likely challengers, because the way they're playing, either team could've had them for breakfast. I guess Lowz's right, and England sure have been lucky thus far. That was a match that could easily have gone either way.

On the other hand, one hour to go before Netherlands takes on Portugal!!! Waiting eagerly for this one, esp since Arjen Robben's back from suspension, and Nistelrooy and Persie seem to be having a good run under Basten. And with the other side sporting The Great Figo and The Other Ronaldo, it should be a match to watch  :D

Really, really disappointing show by the Brits,

We're English, and the nation competing in the World Cup is England.

I expected much better football from them.
We've not lost a game so far, what more do you want?
They're just lucky that only one of Argentina and Germany are going to be likely challengers,
What about Brazil?  And on the topic of lucky, Argentina was very very lucky to get past Mexico.
because the way they're playing, either team could've had them for breakfast.
I doubt that very much.  We beat Argentina and Germany the last time we played them, and we have a much stronger team now.  We raise our game against better quality opposition.
I guess Lowz's right,
That never happens.

and England sure have been lucky thus far. That was a match that could easily have gone either way.

It went both ways, but only because we swapped sides of the pitch at half time. We just needed someone to be up there with Rooney to bang the goals in.

On the other hand, one hour to go before Netherlands takes on Portugal!!! Waiting eagerly for this one, esp since Arjen Robben's back from suspension, and Nistelrooy and Persie seem to be having a good run under Basten.

Van Nistelrooy and Van Basten don't get on too well, and the Horse didn't even play yesterday.
And with the other side sporting The Great Figo and The Other Ronaldo,
Wait there?  The Great Figo?  He disappeared a few years ago.  Figo is an awful player now, and just a cheat.  And the other Ronaldo?  He's a woman, no, a girl.  He cries at everything, and is massively overrated.
it should be a match to watch  :D

I concede on this point, it was a good game to watch.

They are just like Germany. You won't want to bother to see how and if they do it, but in the end, they still do it. In simple terms, they are not entertaining but still can eke out results. Greece in Euro 2004, anyone?

By the way, Newton, how's Weeds Disunited doing in the Coca-Cola Championship? :P

Germany will beat Argentina and take the gold...and I'll be rich.

but seriously - the winner of that game will win the WC.

worst case scenario would be France vs Italy (I wouldn't even watch that game!)

best case scenario Germany vs Brazil