World Cup 2006TM

Nuvollari

Hey, what's going on with the German defence?

it sucks. that's what's going on  ;D

they really need some improvement there. or they have to score every game with a lot of goals. score 2 goals for every opponent's goal the defence couldn't avoid  ::)

LoL Crouch ..the skinny homo guy?:P Anyway...Cant wait to see Italy :P

1)What the fuck?

2)Yeah, shame they're going out first round.  I mean, with USA and Czech Republic in the group I expect the ITs will be going home early.

Every year is England's year, and I am sick of all the hype about the English national team.

The world cup is the only time English people get really proud of their country, and we always get disapointed anyway. Let us have our five weeks (?) of pride.

Besides we invented it :P

Miroslav Klose is also not of German origins. Same goes for Gerald Asamoah. Another interesting point to note is that Michael Ballack is from Eastern Europe, and I suspect that his parents/grandparents may have been immmigrants from Eastern Europe.

although I live in germany and am german... I hope portugal becomes world cup winner 2006. but they have to do a lot of hard work until then, their game against angola was very disappointing. anyway... I just think it's about time for them to win a big cup. they should have won 2 years ago against greece (greece was the lousiest football in years, this was really cancer for the eyes to see them play ... almost all 10 players gathinger around the the goal in every situation).

also... I really like figo and as it will be his last tournament they really should win...

but I think brasil will make it once again... that's okay too but portugal would really be nice  :)

Podolski is Polish :P

Yeah, I get the news too :P

Yeah, saw Portugal's match, it was rather listless for most of the part, though Figo was good as always. It'll be rather sad to see him go, I'm a big fan of his  :'( C.Ronaldo didn't make much of an impression, IMO.

The Japs were holding the Socceroos 1-0 for most of the match, but then Australia came back into the game towards the closing minutes and served up some ass-whippin', 3 goals in 7 minutes or so, 2 by Cayhill, and 1 by Aloisi. Really awesome, I'm waiting for their next match.

so, thats Australia bt Japan 3-1

And the Czechs played damn well IMO, with a lightning header from Koller off Grygera's uncontested cross in the 5th minute heralding the start of some serious football. Rosicky scored twice after that, one was a long one from 25-30 yards, I think, and the other came after some neat dribbling down the centre. End score - Czech R. bt USA 3-0

Today's Brazil's first match, but its gonna be at 0030, I'm gonna sleep well in the afternoon  :D

anything is okay as long as it won't be another boring 1:0 like england, portugal & netherlands

gna... wtf... just another boring game and 1:0...

I said "as long as it WON'T BE..."

and ronaldo... omg.

Yeah, I fell asleep just before half-time, the match was such a damper.

On the other hand, the France vs Switzerland match was anything but boring, what with all the fouls and cards being handed out  :D

France - Swiss 0-0

8 yellow cards? What the hell was wrong with that referee?!?

Yeah, that referee sure didn't make any friends that match, notice how almost none of the players shook hands with him after the match, with Zizou being the first to walk off. I doubt if they'll let him ref again. I mean, some of his cardings were really strange, to say the least- he gave one guy a card for hesitating to kick the ball out of play, then gave another swiss a card for fouling zidane, without giving zidane a free-kick! Wow, I mean, people were pissed. I hope this guy doesn't come for the finals, there might even be a boycott if he does  ;D 

if we could borrow croatia's defense we might as well become wc winner  ;D

let's see what the match against poland today will be like. poland HAS to win to keep it chance and germany... they just WANT to win.