Desktop Pics

Andrew

Good way to start the party.

Well, since Gob is gone :P and this hasn't been done in years. Post your Desktop!!

Although this time maybe we should put our images using a free image hoster such as ImageShack.

And that way the Fed2k window wont get all screwed up.

JPG's Please! It's funner to download a 100 kb file than a 1 mb one. :)

My desktop needs to be cleaned, quite a bit of junk I don't use. :)

andrewsdesktop5yl.th.jpg

[img width=340 height=250%]http://

I think your coding is a bit off Gryphon. :D

To post you desktop, press F12, then paste into your ms paint or your favourite photo editing software (or use howies screen capture), then use imageshack or something.

My desktop isn't that messy, I usually have no more than 2 columns. I usually make a folder called stuff, put it on the desktop and fill it with the junk that gets on teh desktop and I have no use for atm.

erjin9995og.th.jpg

Why are we doing this ?

Anyway, mine is dual monitor setup, which when looking at desktops, means I have more space to tidy up on :P

Its a bloody lot more useful when I have pages open. Only different thing is the newly added toolbar at the bottom of monitor two which grabs the toolbarthings for windows on the second monitor.

There hasn't been a game yet that looks as good as the CGI / FMV it contains :P

But as for the Night Elf Females, Blizzard has done their utmost to make sure people notice how, ahem... "well endowed" they are.  Almost every outfit they get is low-cut, or otherwise designed to show as much cleavage as possible.  One of my favourite aspects of WoW is the funny little "bounce-on-the-spot" thing NE Females do every now and then.

You'd have to play it to know what I mean. :P

I made this desktop myself. You hear me?! Myself! With Microsoft Paint! I am your god, worship me as such!

...Er, yeah, I've been playing the Sims recently. It's given me something of a superiority complex.

EDIT: Ok, so there was a complaint about the .png file. So I've added it as bitmap in .zip. I'm not sure whether this is allowed, hence the use of .png first time. I had problems with .gifs, and my version of MS Paint can open .pngs, whatever anyone else says. You may wonder why I would miss the obvious JPEG. Because I loathe JPEGs with a fiery passion. I swore years ago to never use them again, and I never shall.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

But my statement is still true... unless of course the CGI is lower in quality.  Some games did this so that they could claim their games to be "FMV Quality!", which they weren't.  I've seen someone play EQ2, and while the graphics could be said to be better than WoW, it all depends on your preference.

Some people say Cel-Shading is good graphics, while others prefer realism.  A good example of this contrast is The Legend of Zelda.  I, personally, hated the kiddy cel-shading of The Wind Waker, and welcome the return to realistic-looking graphics in the newest one (not released yet, so name doesn't spring to mind :)), but some really liked the change.

It's sort of the same with WoW and EQ2.  I think I recall you calling WoW's graphics kiddy, but I would argue that they're simply colourful.  They're a far cry from cel-shading, by any measure, and they could be considered realistic for a given value of "real".  If you were to ask me if WoW graphics portrayed realistic humans, I would be forced to answer no; in which case, you could quite happily conclude that WoW doesn't have realistic graphics.  But then again, WoW never set out to achieve that; Blizzard simply tried to adapt and improve upon the graphics that had been set out in their games for years, most noticeably in Warcraft III.

Umm... just realised how far I've drifted off-topic.  Most people would need a raft to drift this far.  Just gonna swim back to shore now.  ;D

Yeah, so... desktops. :)

*Checks* Yes, yes it is. 1.73MB. *shrug* Of course it's weird! I made it! (I also made several others in the same vein, though that one is still the coolest...)

Ordos45's background is the best so far. Definately.

Oooo nice background gryphon!

I'm sorta picky with backgrounds and usually just use the ones that come with Windows. At the moment, well I just formatted so...

Loving the whole 'no desktop icons' thing. Sexay. :P I had the 'Ascent' background before this one cos I'm passionate about... mountains... ??? Bah blue is meh favourite colour, and good thing too with all the BSODs I've been getting since... 2002. Piece of crap.

sexay6ah.th.jpg

Btw, nice idea with that Winamp arrangement Nampigai. ;D