Desktop Pics

Andrew

updated my pics...  ;D

first one shows the desktop emtpy with all programs currently running minimized. I made a new desktop background by enlarging 2 pictures I found an put the together so I have a background picture over both displays (and not the same on each of them but 1 large...)

www.planetveK.de/pics/pc/desktop01.jpg

second picture shows the programs opened... as it looks like most of the time if I work. youn don't see the nice picture now, do you?  ;)

www.planetveK.de/pics/pc/desktop02.jpg

and this it what it looks like "from the outside":

www.planetveK.de/pics/pc/overview01.jpg

www.planetveK.de/pics/pc/overview02.jpg

• 1 month later...

I updated my whole design/desktop and whatever else I could style up.

It now looks like this:

www.planetveK.de/pics/tech/desktop01.jpg

I like it very much that way. Still the tranceparency force isn't that good, cause I din't find a way yet to combine it with XMouse so the window with the focus will always be highlighted by turning of the tranceparency. but anyway, it looks nice that way  :)

veK, is my browser resizing those for me or are they not fullsize ?

And EWS, your pic comes out the same thumbnail size when I click on it, I cant make it bigger, but the ones further up the thread are fine, so I guess its not working right.

it's at 1600x2250 (2 displays)

I don't have autoresize enebaled in firefox... but I guess it will make the pic smaller in your window if you have it enabled.

I just finished some more styling and got another nice tool, to make ANY window translucent and can also change the % of the transparency easily so I can turn it off if I need to see more and turn it down if it is just idle :)

Also found a very nice winamp plugin for transparency. The resaon I use it instead of the other tool which would work on winamp, too: this one auto adjusts transparency. when winamp is playing tracks it turns very translucent but as soon as I move over the controls, they lighten up. And as soon as I click another title, everything becomes solid and fades out to the state you can see on the screenshot right now. cool stuff  ;D

actually I don't knwo most of the stuff I used during the last 2 days. lots of .dll and plugin stuff, hardly any real tuning kit. that's why it took me so long and I'm not yet finished. I thought about what would be nice and asked google for it. so there are no big secrets. I try to build a good "samurize" (program) cfg but as I can't give MBM5 a motherboard name, I still face some problems with the right implementation of all system values I wanna display.

I also use XMouse but that got nothing to do with the visual style I chose...

New looking desktop. Got rid od MacOSx theme, figured it was slowing computer down. I still have konfabulator, but I sometimes shut it off when I am doing stuff. Got winamp open at the top with mmd3 theme. Miranda is shown as well :P

Wil do something about the background (looks bad in 16 bit colour). Probably get rid of it as it was with the mac osx theme.

desktop7av.th.jpg

I try to build a good "samurize" (program) cfg but as I can't give MBM5 a motherboard name, I still face some problems with the right implementation of all system values I wanna display.

I also use XMouse but that got nothing to do with the visual style I chose...

Ok...

So why cant you give MBM a name ? Is it cos its a laptop ?

And what is XMouse for then ?

yes... mbm doesn't include the motherboard from my current notebook. maybe this will change with the new one...

xmouse is about to give you a unix like mouse behaviour.

including focussing on the window your mouse is over or the copy/paste function from unix based systems...

I worked around the font styles a bit today...

updated the screenshot, too  ;D

www.planetveK.de/pics/tech/desktop01.jpg

depends on with which other filemanager you compare it.

I like it very much... but I'm new with it and don't know every detail about it. most people like it, so do I.

Best thing is that I can choose betwen a single pane, dual pane horizontal or dual pane pane vertical...  ;D

compared to explorer... everything rocks  ;D

but powerdesk is only the file manager to replace the windows explorer, but you still use the explorer shell. that's why I changed the shell, too and set up a blackbox  :)

• 2 weeks later...