I'm going now and I may be some time

shygirl4

"Your help on the Dune2000 tech boards is appreciated"

Agreed. A pity indeed that you've chosen to leave.

I object, however, to your accusations.

There was nothing wrong with the flag and I said so myself in the IM. It was just the 400-or-so pixel figure that was next to it (see below). That's about half most people's screens, if not more.

"I've just recently turned viewing other's sigs on, and it seems that yours is, well, huge.

Are 11 lines of text really necessary, when it will all fit on one?

And I would also refer you to

http://www.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?action=faq

Where you may find that the signature image restrictions are significantly smaller than the image you have.

It's just that your image, wonderful as it may be, does dominate the screen. (The flag's perfectly ok, mind; It's only half the maximum height)"

I sent this one IM.

Bear in mind that everything (with the exception of your password) you put in your profile is not private, it's public, it is there for others to see. Your location, your age (should you choose to put it there), your email address... everything is there for others' benefit. For a moderator to remove an obtrusive image which you attached to every one of the posts you make on the board (and which is against the rules) is not stalking. I will not object to anyone wishing to look through my profile. Should they find something offensive or against the rules, let them remove it or ask gob to. As Skorpija (partly) said, and as I've said many times previously, and as it says in the FAQ, if you have a problem with any moderator, IM them to question the decision, and if that doesn't work, IM gob, and he'll sort it out. There's really no need to make such a fuss as leaving when you've not tried to do anything about your complaint.

Effectively you're leaving because of nothing more than a Staff member editing your post because it contravenes the rules. I am sorry that you're leaving (though I still am perplexed as to why), and I apologise for the nature of this post, but given you've accused me of stalking, continually moaning, forever compaining to others, and being petty, I think it's at least fair that I be allowed to set the record straight.

Didn't Shygirl have that pic in her sig for like, months before anybody decided to do something about it? Kinda hurts the mods' credibility :-

It doesn't seem like it's worth leaving for though. I wish you well Shy, though I hope you consider coming back.

Damn Girl, why'd ya have to go do that for ? Surely something can be arranged ? Either way, leaving is not the way. I don't having anything against Nema, or anyone else here, but in life when someone gets on my...nerves, I try to stay and make them suffer me and if they dont like it, then tough. Think again about going, huh ???

"I try to stay and make them suffer me and if they dont like it, then tough"

Thanks...

Shygirl, (insofar as this reaches you) I have nothing against you posting, so long as you don't add to every post a whopping great picture...

Anathema: I wasn't a mod then - and I didn't have signatures visible. From what I have gathered, sounds like other mods may have been in a similar position.

Hello,

I have only just found your site after having problems with Dune 2000 literally for years. I eventually gave up trying to get a response from Westwood etc.

Logging in to see the problems you are discussing is disturbing.  I understand that people are very petty and I have gone through enough in life to know how it can damage you and disillusion you.

I do  not know why the issue is the image??  You appear to be beautiful and intelligent and obviously helpful to others which speaks of kindness within.  All of these qualities are admirable and wonderful.  Do not let others destroy this.  Do not let it become personal and soul destroying.  Again, I understand how this can happen and as such believe that if you have come this far then you need to assess why it disturbs you and how you can be better defended against it.

Take two breaths . then one first to think of leaving the stress behind and the second to decide on how you want to feel.  not what you are going to do, instead just how you want, right now, to feel.  The let yourself feel as you are.  Find yourself again without becoming a puppet to someone else's strings.  Then act as you wish.

I am sorry if this all seems a bit deep or intrusive.  I apologise if this is the case.  I am just concerned over what I have just stumbled upon  and the fact that it is about you as a person.  That is the issue. 

May peace, love, good health, and happiness find you always amongst good friends

Kind regards

thylacine

Shygirl4 = To me, most active (at least in the boards) Dune 2000 player with lots of knowledge. Sad to see you go.

Sometimes people break rules and I there are consequences, other times there are not. Nobody is perfect.

I know I've broken a couple rules before, but nothing serious, and having a big signiture image is not a big offense. You could easily resize your current image to comply with rules.

If you want help with a banner like image for your signiture I could help if needed.

EDIT- Edited wrong message. Quite funny actually. I knew I screwed up somewhere. ;D

Thanks erjin999

(My edit was supposed to go in this thread.)

Well, I don't post here much, but I think it is a terrible shame that you are leaving because you can't have a giant sig.

Given that post attachments are also deleted/archived after a couple of weeks, it would seem that sig limits are there for bandwidth reasons. I mean, there are prolly over 2000 active members here! Since these boards a funded privately, I don't think that limiting unnecessary bandwith use is particularly abusive or petty really...

Won't you reconsider your departure in the light that many ppl here would rather you stayed, even sans giant sig?

Please?

Hi all,

I think all who reads this will agree with me that shy is a smart girl who contributed a lot to this place, therefore her living may have surprised some of you.

But despite what you think of that move, she did it for her own good! none can judge her for this, all you can do is try to understand her and I think that's what she would like you to do. She got hurt and acted, thats all... I know i'll see her much less now but there's nothing I can do about it but to wish her luck in the future.

Given that post attachments are also deleted/archived after a couple of weeks, it would seem that sig limits are there for bandwidth reasons. I mean, there are prolly over 2000 active members here! Since these boards a funded privately, I don't think that limiting unnecessary bandwith use is particularly abusive or petty really...

The Signitures being limited is not because of bandwith, (as you have to host your own images) but because of

People are here to read messages not look at your sig images.
in the FAQ.

There are only about two hundred active members.

Ok quick total. 249 members online sometime in the last month. If you count only those with more then 5 posts it drops to 185.

If we go back to May 19th, two weeks, the numbers are 182 and 146.

Newer totals are:

One month, 231 members online, 184 with more the five posts.

Two weeks, 180 members online, 149 with more then five posts.

The sig image restrictions are there mainly because they they can take up way too much space. If I'm reading peoples posts I really don't want to scroll an entire page just to get past someones signature. But also because not everyone has the connection speeds to be downloading large images all the time.

• 3 weeks later...