What's your favourite unit?

Dunenewt

Atreides Sonic Tank, without a doubt.

Excellent at destroying those rocket turrets. I always made 3 of them, some Siege Tanks, and destroyed building by building from a distance. And when some units did a counter attack, my Siege Tanks would deal with them, although the Sonic Tanks were quite good in self-defence as well.

Man I totally forgot about Non-combat units.

If you include them, then caryall, mcv and perhaps most important the spice must flow .. with harvester.

@ Andrew : You have to use Sonic Tanks as aan wolfpack and keep missile tanks behind them for backup attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

big group of stealth raiders (maximally 300) may blow  100combat tanks  but  300 raiders cant kill 100 siege tanks lol . siege tank eat more HP than combat tank,  to kill combat tank u need 7trikes or 5 raiders  to kill sonic  u must place trike in shorter distance to get less damage, and with more raiders u can blow even 10 sonic tanks( more raiders , more killing even hardest vechicles)  but to blow devastator you need 10trikes (lol) but that may got  fail if devastator self-destruct.  raiders can kill almost evry unit , just cant kill starport starship, carryals, ornitropers , eot

• 1 month later...

"big group of stealth raiders (maximally 300)"

Dune II won't support 300 units (except through the starport, and only if you've got enough spice), nor do stealth raiders exist in Dune II. Just though it pertinent to mention it.

Personally, I've been a devotee of the well-guarded missile tank, but where possible, I go for the sonic tank. Deviators, I'm afraid are too unreliable, and Carryals are infuriating when they nick half your attack force just before you destroy the enemy conyard and you can't make them put them back.

Well i'll have to say the deviator, ONLY cos of the permanent action trick...

Uh, i wasn't too clear on that, i meant when you permently convert units when you gas 'em, hit the button for them to do something (like 'a' to make em attack) wait for them to return to their orininal allegiance, then click where you want them to attack, and they will, forever!(or untill you gas them again, or attack them, i'm not too sure about attack, i think the only way they can do stuff again, is to gas 'em) It doesnt really work if you move them, cos they don't uncover terrain, but they will if they fire :)

Uh, i wasn't too clear on that, i meant when you permently convert units when you gas 'em, hit the button for them to do something (like 'a' to make em attack) wait for them to return to their orininal allegiance, then click where you want them to attack, and they will, forever!(or untill you gas them again, or attack them, i'm not too sure about attack, i think the only way they can do stuff again, is to gas 'em) It doesnt really work if you move them, cos they don't uncover terrain, but they will if they fire :)

Hehe, what you basically do is tell it to attack its owner's construction yard or something valuable.

And regarding those 300 Raiders, my version of Dune 2 had a 25 player vehicle unit cap or something.

And regarding those 300 Raiders, my version of Dune 2 had a 25 player vehicle unit cap or something.

You can alter settings, like starting credits, max. units, starting units etc. in one of the dune data files.

So 300 raiders aren't impossible. (Ok, i never tried it myself)

• 2 weeks later...

You can alter settings, like starting credits, max. units, starting units etc. in one of the dune data files.

So 300 raiders aren't impossible. (Ok, i never tried it myself)

My brother had a hobby of tampering with those files.

However, it wasn't posible to buy anymore units if you had more than approximately 25.

By editing the data files, you could start with more than 25 vehicles, though.

I liked putting the palace in my base at start of every level  :)

• 3 months later...

Some of you mentioned stealth units, but in Dune 2 there is none. I guess you talk about D2k.

My favorite unit in Dune 2 is the rocket launcher, because it is one of the most dangerous units and has the longest range. Quite fast too.

A pack of theese covered by a couple of siege tanks means serious trouble for the target.