Star Wars Episode I and II

Anakin

Now everyone says these movie suck.

I want to know why. If you didn't like them, post your reasoning.

Also, what's up with people who didn't like Clones?

Episode I was good in my eyes, but I know that others hated it because they didn't understand and such... but Episode II was beautiful! What was wrong with episode II? Did you even see the ending? Any of the clones marching + music? The geonosis battle scene with hundreds of sabe-weilding jedi fighting at the same time? Yoda? Yoda fighting? Yoda force-pulling his saber from his belt? Mace Windu? Jango Fett? Obi-Wan? Padm

Episode II = One of the Worst Movies of All-Time

That's right.

I saw Episode II today and thought I'd share my thoughts with my Emperor family.

Episode II truly is one of the worst movies of all time. We can expect mundane, lifeless, dull dialogue from Lucas, but since he hired the hugely-terrible co-writer for this movie, the dialogue is downright asinine and horrendous. It gives me a headache just listening to it. Some of the lines in the movie include:

"I have a bad feeling about this"

"This is why I hate flying"

"I don't like the sand, it's rough and coarse. Not like you, all of you is soft"

"I've been dying a little each day ever since we've been together"

There are many more which I can't remember at the moment, but rest assured that the whole movie is consistently filled with such asinine and truly mind-numbingly-awful dialogue.

Blame this on Lucas hiring a guy who has got to be the most pathetic writer in the history of showbiz, the same guy who wrote the likewise-awful TV series "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles". If you've seen just one episode of that show, you'll have the perfect idea of what to expect. Too bad this writer's worthless life was not as short-lived as that TV show; then I wouldn't have had to waste $8.50 Canadian to be tortured with such absolute drivel.

Lucas has gone completely senile. Firstly, this is evidenced by the fact that that he hired such an incompetent co-writer. Secondly, he allowed the movie to be called "Attack of the Clones". By the title alone, I should have knew it was the work of a senile old man and therefore not worth seeing.

Back to the movie itself. The only redeeming quality which could possibly left is the aesthetic appeal of the scenery and action. Unfortunately, Episode II is likewise impotent in these departments. Some of the walls in the background *literally* look like they were created by a 13-yr-old Grade 8 student using MS-Paint. I kid you not!

Jango Fett was a great disappointment. Most of the time he is shown without his armor, which completely ruins the allure and menacing, compelling nature of the Boba Fett legacy. He's shown to be a plain, boring old man. To make matters even worse, Jango Fett *moves* like a 95-yr-old man with arthritis in this movie! Watching the Jango Fett scenes is actually *painful* to the eyes. Such a great idea for a character, all wasted tragically with limp, lifeless movement. Add to this the fact that 85% of the time the only weapon Jango Fett is holding is a very tiny, little, microscopic, babyish-looking pistol. If someone pointed something like that at me in real life, I'd have a heart attack induced by sheer hilarity.

What had the potential to be the only cool scenes in the movie serve only to frustrate. When Anakin's mother is killed, it shows him leave the hut she dies in, and then he kills two Tusken Raiders while they are mostly off-screen(so you can't see them die). This happens in a matter of 5 seconds. That is it. All you get to see about what Anakin did to the people who tortured and murdered his mother, is 5 seconds of what you are *expecting* to be a *really* cool scene - then it cuts away. The *ONLY* thing you will be thinking after you see this scene is: ************WTF????????????!!!!!!!****************

As soon as you see Anakin cut down the two Tusken Raiders, you will be aching to see him take down the rest of the Tusken Raiders, only to be left desperately wanting more after the scene ends in 5 seconds, never to be re-visited. This can be compared *exactly* to how you would feel if your spouse and you are being intimate, and your spouse and you are both naked and ready to go, and after having already done much, your spouse says to you at that point: "sorry honey, i'm not in the mood right now! i'm gonna put my clothes back on!". That is EXACTLY what Lucas will make you feel by copping-out of showing Anakin go beserk on the Tusken Raiders.

Like in Episode I, the actor who plays Anakin in Episdoe II is a truly horrible actor. The *only* good thing about the actors who play Anakin is that the have the exactly right aesthetic quality for the part. But that effect is diminished the moment you hear their voices, or see them trying (and failing miserably) to act.

Lucas tries to imitate the movie Gladiator, and does a horrible job. In Episode I, every area of the screen is filled with a wide, vibrant variety of different scenery and alien life-forms, yet in the Gladiator arena, the whole shot is brown and filled the same mononotuous feces-colored hues which adorn just *one* alien life-form in the seats: ugly, personality-less winged beasts.

Jango Fett twirling his gun exactly like Robocop in this movie is just one of many groan-inducing and out-of-place cliches that will inspire nausea in any cultured movie-goer

Episode II has no suspense whatsoever. In Episode I, the suspense held the viewer's interest for the whole movie thanks to the mesmerizing nature of Darth Maul. Episode II has no such suspense, and in fact *nothing* to keep the viewer the least-bit interested.

Count Dooku is this movie's equivalent of Darth Maul, and Count Dooku is one of only two worthwhile characters in the entire movie, the other being Palpatine. Every single scene in Episode II without either Dooku or Palpatine was literally lulling me to sleep. These two actors do a superb job even though they are given atrocious dialogue to work with. Unfortunately, Palpatine and Dooku combined have no more than 10 - 15 minutes of screen time, so they can hardly redeem the atrocity that is Episode II. Dooku does not even appear until over 2/3 of the way into the movie, and by then you'll probably be asleep anyhow (unless you have no taste and you are capable of being entertained by mindless, intelligent-life-defying drivel).

The only entertaining action scenes in the whole movie feature Count Dooku. Unfortunately, Lucas again leaves you starving for more. Dooku fights Anakin for 30 seconds, and puts away his light saber. Dooku then fights Obi Wan for 30 seconds and puts down his light saber. Dooku then fights Anakin once more for no more than another 30 seconds, cuts off his hand (gee like we needed ANOTHER cliche in this movie), and puts down his light saber. Dooku then fights Yoda for no more then 30 seconds, and puts down his light saber. All these action scenes are entertaining, but ludicrously short. You'll be begging to see a *real* light saber fight like Luke and Darth Vader used to have, one that last well-over 30 seconds. No such luck. The only good action sequences in Episode II will be over just when you are starting to really enjoy them. Then the movie ends.

Critics who say Episode II is better than Episode I are completely out-to-lunch, and out-of-touch with reality. If you haven't seen Episode II yet and are not a die-hard SW fan, do yourself a huge favor: don't go. Episode II sucks almost more than any movie has ever sucked before

thats nav review and i posted it becouse thats prety much how i feel about it....and becouse nav was going to post it but his PPD limit thingy...

I found Episode I to appeal to a wider audience' date=' [b']true, but they have all been pg and have all appealed to wide audienceswhich sacrificed some of the atmosphere given in the last three movies. they still had the "atomosphere" -- there was nothing wrong with them, just cause young people can enjoy them doesnt mean old people cantEpisode II was cool, no beef with that. Padme is hot in both of them true.

I liked Episode 1' date=' haven't seen episode 2 yet.

They are not as good as original star wars movies . Thats my reason as to why some people may not like them.

[b']Everyone who I've asked who has ONLY seen episode ONE said the exact same thing -- it really isn't fair to 2 when you only see episode 1 and assume 2 would be the same. I liked one, but still thought 2 was 800x better. Seriously, go see it.

Episode II truly is one of the worst movies of all time. We can expect mundane' date=' lifeless, dull dialogue from Lucas, but since he hired the hugely-terrible co-writer for this movie, the dialogue is downright asinine and horrendous. It gives me a headache just listening to it. Some of the lines in the movie include:

"I have a bad feeling about this"

[b']WTF? This was used all throughout the original Star Wars movies by many of the characters, and people loved those movies!..ALSO THIS QUOTE IS WRONG

"This is why I hate flying"

that's wrong with this? he's stating the facts

"I don't like the sand, it's rough and coarse. Not like you, all of you is soft"

thats intentional, hes not supposed to be a supreme smooth-talkin love machine. shes older than him, and a politictian, he was a slave boy, he's nervous, etc...ALSO THIS QUOTE IS WRONG

"I've been dying a little each day ever since we've been together"

wtf is wrong with this? its sad..ALSO THIS QUOTE IS WRONG

There are many more which I can't remember at the moment, but rest assured that the whole movie is consistently filled with such asinine and truly mind-numbingly-awful dialogue.

Blame this on Lucas hiring a guy who has got to be the most pathetic writer in the history of showbiz, the same guy who wrote the likewise-awful TV series "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles". If you've seen just one episode of that show, you'll have the perfect idea of what to expect. Too bad this writer's worthless life was not as short-lived as that TV show; then I wouldn't have had to waste $8.50 Canadian to be tortured with such absolute drivel.

Umm, yes that was based on the INDIANA JONES series which was a huge sucess, loved by many.. as was the original STAR WARS series.

Lucas has gone completely senile. Firstly, this is evidenced by the fact that that he hired such an incompetent co-writer. Secondly, he allowed the movie to be called "Attack of the Clones". By the title alone, I should have knew it was the work of a senile old man and therefore not worth seeing.

don't judge a book by its cover, don't judge a movie by its title.

Back to the movie itself. The only redeeming quality which could possibly left is the aesthetic appeal of the scenery and action. Unfortunately, Episode II is likewise impotent in these departments. Some of the walls in the background *literally* look like they were created by a 13-yr-old Grade 8 student using MS-Paint. I kid you not!

Care to give ANY examples of this? Because a lot of time and effort went into the backgrounds, you just insulted many people who spent a lot of hours working on them, they all look beautiful to me

Jango Fett was a great disappointment. Most of the time he is shown without his armor, which completely ruins the allure and menacing, compelling nature of the Boba Fett legacy. He's shown to be a plain, boring old man. To make matters even worse, Jango Fett *moves* like a 95-yr-old man with arthritis in this movie! Watching the Jango Fett scenes is actually *painful* to the eyes. Such a great idea for a character, all wasted tragically with limp, lifeless movement. Add to this the fact that 85% of the time the only weapon Jango Fett is holding is a very tiny, little, microscopic, babyish-looking pistol. If someone pointed something like that at me in real life, I'd have a heart attack induced by sheer hilarity.

Only weapon?

Only weapon?

Only weapon?

Define "only", cause I'm pretty DAMN sure a flamethrower is a "weapon"...and when does he move around like he's 90? In his room, duh, theres a jedi there, he's nervous as hell because this guy could and might kill him right there! He moves a lot quicker in the battle scenes. And climing up that slope on Kamino, well, OBVIOUSLY IT WAS WET AND SLIPPERY YOU MORON

What had the potential to be the only cool scenes in the movie serve only to frustrate. When Anakin's mother is killed, it shows him leave the hut she dies in, and then he kills two Tusken Raiders while they are mostly off-screen(so you can't see them die). This happens in a matter of 5 seconds. That is it. All you get to see about what Anakin did to the people who tortured and murdered his mother, is 5 seconds of what you are *expecting* to be a *really* cool scene - then it cuts away. The *ONLY* thing you will be thinking after you see this scene is: ************WTF????????????!!!!!!!****************

As soon as you see Anakin cut down the two Tusken Raiders, you will be aching to see him take down the rest of the Tusken Raiders, only to be left desperately wanting more after the scene ends in 5 seconds, never to be re-visited. This can be compared *exactly* to how you would feel if your spouse and you are being intimate, and your spouse and you are both naked and ready to go, and after having already done much, your spouse says to you at that point: "sorry honey, i'm not in the mood right now! i'm gonna put my clothes back on!". That is EXACTLY what Lucas will make you feel by copping-out of showing Anakin go beserk on the Tusken Raiders.

First of all, they had to show that Yoda was feeling that when it happened. Also, think about this logically, him slaying the entire camp would not be that amusing, in fact it would be BORING AS HELL

Like in Episode I, the actor who plays Anakin in Episdoe II is a truly horrible actor. The *only* good thing about the actors who play Anakin is that the have the exactly right aesthetic quality for the part. But that effect is diminished the moment you hear their voices, or see them trying (and failing miserably) to act.

He was a good actor for the part - whiney and angry and stuff enough so that he will turn to the darkside.

Lucas tries to imitate the movie Gladiator, and does a horrible job. In Episode I, every area of the screen is filled with a wide, vibrant variety of different scenery and alien life-forms, yet in the Gladiator arena, the whole shot is brown and filled the same mononotuous feces-colored hues which adorn just *one* alien life-form in the seats: ugly, personality-less winged beasts.:O a species is the same on one area of one planet!!!!! OMG HE IS NOT COPYING REAL LIFE HE IS COPYING SOME OTHER MOVIE OMFG WTF

Jango Fett twirling his gun exactly like Robocop in this movie is just one of many groan-inducing and out-of-place cliches that will inspire nausea in any cultured movie-goer

or just because it looks cool? thats why it was there ithink

Episode II has no suspense whatsoever. In Episode I, the suspense held the viewer's interest for the whole movie thanks to the mesmerizing nature of Darth Maul. Episode II has no such suspense, and in fact *nothing* to keep the viewer the least-bit interested.

assassination plot maybe? were you even paying attention?

Count Dooku is this movie's equivalent of Darth Maul,which means... he's the villian? GOOD JOB FIGURING THAT ONE OUT and Count Dooku is one of only two worthwhile characters in the entire movie, the other being Palpatine. PadmePadmePadmePadmePadme also yoda and OBIWAN and the others Every single scene in Episode II without either Dooku or Palpatine was literally lulling me to sleep. These two actors do a superb job even though they are given atrocious dialogue to work with. Unfortunately, Palpatine and Dooku combined have no more than 10 - 15 minutes of screen time, so they can hardly redeem the atrocity that is Episode II. Dooku does not even appear until over 2/3 of the way into the movie, and by then you'll probably be asleep anyhow (unless you have no taste and you are capable of being entertained by mindless, intelligent-life-defying drivel).

the dark side... its hidden, in the shadows, its not a major part of the movie, theyre not supposed to have a huge amount of screentime

The only entertaining action scenes in the whole movie feature Count Dooku. Unfortunately, Lucas again leaves you starving for more. Dooku fights Anakin for 30 seconds, and puts away his light saber. Dooku then fights Obi Wan for 30 seconds and puts down his light saber. Dooku then fights Anakin once more for no more than another 30 seconds, cuts off his hand (gee like we needed ANOTHER cliche in this movie), what's wrong with it? its been done a few times before, its more of a COMMON THEMEand puts down his light saber. Dooku then fights Yoda for no more then 30 seconds, and puts down his light saber. All these action scenes are entertaining, but ludicrously short. You'll be begging to see a *real* light saber fight like Luke and Darth Vader used to have, one that last well-over 30 seconds. No such luck. The only good action sequences in Episode II will be over just when you are starting to really enjoy them. Then the movie ends.

Luke vs. Vader ESB... 3:32

Luke vs. Vader ROTJ... 2:25

Episode II fight..... 5:14

Time taken to look that up... about 20 minutes

Owning some random guy on the internet.... pricless.

Critics who say Episode II is better than Episode I are completely out-to-lunch, and out-of-touch with reality. If you haven't seen Episode II yet and are not a die-hard SW fan, do yourself a huge favor: don't go. Episode II sucks almost more than any movie has ever sucked before

Funny, because you're the only person who I've ever heard say that Episode II wasn't better... you must be a moron. Oh wait we already knew that.

EDIT: My quote tags are a bit messed up but you get the idea --

what they write is normal, what i write is bold

I find the latest Star Wars FAR worse than the "original" ones but then again the only Star Wars I like are the thrawn trilogies.

When I saw II and Yoda took his lightsaber people in the cinema was cheering like if I was at a football game. Now such things make me wanna puke.

But honestly, were I to choose between ANY Star Wars movie and the original (DL) Dune, I'd go for Dune, heck I'd even read the Butlerian Jihad again instead of watching SW.

*Note-The same goes for Star Trek.

Anakin, i am not a moron simply because i answered your question in great detail

Jango Fett moves like a 95 yr old man in *EVERY* scene he's in. even when he's fighting for his life vs. Obi. You need to re-watch the movie and observe just how slow and arthritic each and every one of Jango Fett's movements are. utterly pathetic, as i've stated

if you wanna know which backgrounds look like they were made by a grade 8 student using MS-Paint: the scene where Yoda is floating on a magic carpet (or whatever the heck that is ) is a perfect example. so are all of the shots showing the crowds in the Coliseum. i'm sure there are many others that i don't recall off the top of my head at this time

about you saying my quotes are "wrong": they are not wrong. they are near-exact. i was remembering them off the top of my head, and a word or two may be different - but that doesn't detract from those quotes providing proof of just how horribly-disgusting the dialogue of Episode II is

face it Anakin. your fanboyism has been pwned by my Review :)

Anakin, i am not a moron simply because i answered your question in great detail

I never said thats why you were a moron.

Jango Fett moves like a 95 yr old man in *EVERY* scene he's in. even when he's fighting for his life vs. Obi. You need to re-watch the movie and observe just how slow and arthritic each and every one of Jango Fett's movements are. utterly pathetic, as i've stated

OK I just watched that fight for the second time today and I dont know wtf you're talking about. When he's on that pole about to shoot a rocket he moves slow, this is to line up his shot. Hand to hand combat is just as fast as Obi-Wan.

If you think he's slow (I don't ) --look at that armor. Could you move faster in that?

if you wanna know which backgrounds look like they were made by a grade 8 student using MS-Paint: the scene where Yoda is floating on a magic carpet (or whatever the heck that is ) is a perfect example. just watched this. The background is a hallway with columns... just beacuse there arent any big explosions or something to impress idiots like you, it doesnt mean an 8 year old did them in mspaint.

so are all of the shots showing the crowds in the Coliseum. watch the dvd, they used a model for the arena. Model, like REAL. IF you think real looks like pictures... you're an idiot anyways.

i'm sure there are many others that i don't recall off the top of my head at this timeno proof, you have...

about you saying my quotes are "wrong": they are not wrong. they are near-exact. YEAH .. NEAR-EXACT is NOT THE SAME AS EXACT. I have a bad feeling about this should be "I've got a bad feeling about this"...the sand thing should be...."not like you, youre everything soft...and smooth" and then " SINCE WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER" is in no way like "SINCE YOU CAME BACK INTO MY LIFE" ... near exact, my ass.

i was remembering them off the top of my head, and a word or two may be different - but that doesn't detract from those quotes providing proof of just how horribly-disgusting the dialogue of Episode II is

yeah, ok, so respond to the fact that you quoted wrong, and not to the fact that

I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT DIALOG ABOVE YOU DUMBASS, READ MY EARLIER POST.

face it Anakin. you're fanboyism has been pwned by my Review :)

Ok, I wasn't about to do this, but this is one of those things that makes me want to kill something... "you're" .. so "you are" ... I am fanboyism?

I can understand the other way around. Being lazy and leaving off the apostrophe or the E, or both. But why would you add more letters to make it wrong? Are you too stupid to know the difference? Then I'll explain it now.

Your - possesive. For example, Your house, Your car, Your dog, Your book.

You're - You Are. For example, you're dumb, you're an idiot, you're not very intelligent.

Got it?

Now lets take a look at who was actually "pwned"

(yeah, its YOU)

bold text is me, other is him

Anakin, it's not length of the Jedi fights, which makes movie good. First Star Wars trilogy was an awesome megalomany of its era, with good actor performance, many ideas (tough some where taken from others) and also good balance between action and dialogues. There was some nefesh in it, you know. And Death Star, that's the best thing (altough in my favorite one, Empire Strikes Back, isn't, there is also best sabre fight and well known: "I am your father!").

Episode I wasn't too bad, maybe only that pathos of falling republic and terrible design of everything nabooish (even that name...), as well as that Jaja, animated destroyer of that SW nefesh. But there was Darth Maul, and that made whole movie worth of seeing. How fantastical show of might of the New Siths, which showed Yoda and other obsoletes, that they need to have some new blood! Those fights against some robots should be cut off and everything put to brilliant battle between Quay and Obi against Maul.

And what was Episode II? Beginning was interesting, but then everything fell. Pathetic sceneries, dialogues, "intrigues" and then mass fight of jedis against some machines. Whole movie was one big computer animation, I would say they should make a good adventure game from it and shit at cinemas, but it seems market has some rules. Seeing Yoda fightning was nice, just it took about five seconds and then arch-vile duke escapes. And then Yoda says that everything just begun... Even nice show of imperial might with full imp march at the end wasn't enough to repair nerves of that horrible nonsense named Attack of the Clones.

I liked episode 2. Granted the dialogue was awful as was the accompanying acting and the Anakin character design was simply annoying as hell. Despite that it was very good to look at and it was well crafted. Episode 1 I did not like much at all, and for me to say that definitely is something significant as my dad even worked as the Head of Sound on Episode 1.

Anakin, it's not length of the Jedi fights, which makes movie good. First Star Wars trilogy was an awesome megalomany of its era, with good actor performance, many ideas (tough some where taken from others) and also good balance between action and dialogues. There was some nefesh in it, you know. And Death Star, that's the best thing (altough in my favorite one, Empire Strikes Back, isn't, there is also best sabre fight and well known: "I am your father!").

Yes, I know. I was simply responding to his post where he said that the new ones were shorter.

Episode I wasn't too bad, maybe only that pathos of falling republic and terrible design of everything nabooish (even that name...), as well as that Jaja, animated destroyer of that SW nefesh. But there was Darth Maul, and that made whole movie worth of seeing. How fantastical show of might of the New Siths, which showed Yoda and other obsoletes, that they need to have some new blood! Those fights against some robots should be cut off and everything put to brilliant battle between Quay and Obi against Maul.jarjar, while a neccessary char, yes, could have been better... but still a great movie, as you metnion...

And what was Episode II? Beginning was interesting, but then everything fell. didnt 'fall' for me, i thought it was interestnig the whole way throughPathetic sceneries, which sceneries were patheic?dialogues,who's dialog? anakins? its cause he's whiny/evil/angry and also nervous, its part of the character. "intrigues" and then mass fight of jedis against some machines.that was a cool fight Whole movie was one big computer animation, except the actingI would say they should make a good adventure game from it and shit at cinemas, but it seems market has some rules. was a great movie, game wouldnt be as goodSeeing Yoda fightning was nice,yep just it took about five seconds and then arch-vile duke escapes. well thats cause it was part of a larger battleAnd then Yoda says that everything just begun...what's wrong with that? Even nice show of imperial might with full imp march at the end wasn't enough to repair nerves of that horrible nonsense named Attack of the Clones.i think the imperial march added to its greatness...

Don't think I have ever seen anyone who took one of Navaros post that serious ???

Cool down dude. . . it's jus a movie you know. ;) And I think you are taking it the same as Navaros's post. . .way to serious.

About Episode I and II, must say that I agree with Nav. . . it really seems like MSpaint. .

Okay, first let me say that I was a hige fan of ANH, ESB, and RotJ. This is one reason why it pains me so much to realize that the prequals are total garbage.

Episode 2 is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. It looks as though George and friends decided to mix a watered-down Star Wars storyline with one of those stupid teen movies (rolling around in fields? What the hell?). Ideas were rehashed (i.e. Fett), and substance was replaced with hollow action scenes which are actually not that good, in my opinion. The Yoda fight scene was a totally different manner. That is to say, it was uniquely pathetic. By the time the movie had finished, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway, when I saw Episode 1, the respect I had for Mr. Lucas had almost completely gone. Thus, I didn't expect much from Episode 2. Somehow, though, Ep2 didn't even live up to what little expectations I had. It makes me wonder: Can Ep3 possibly be even worse? I shudder at the thought.

"they didn't understand and such"

What didn't we understand?

They were both bad for a couple reasons:

Episode 1:

1) "Are you an angel?" - Need I say more.

2) Anakin - In general.

3) 3D ships - Lost the atmosphere of models.

4) Romantic Aspects - To many.

5) Anakin's Pilot Scene - Every line was forced.

6) The Lines - Every other line was stupid and cheesy.

Episode 2:

1) Romantic Aspects - That's it, that's what ruined it. The actual movies had some of this, but not the garbage that was fed through this one.

In general, I liked E2. The graphics were amazing and the fight scenes were great, but a few subtle points threw it off for me.

I kind of like the lines and use them at work quite regularly. When one of my software people doubt their ability to do something I pull a Yoda line like

"Always with you it cannot be done" - Empire Strikes Back

or someone does something I don't like:

"Meesa no likea that" - Boss Nass,TPM

When something does not work:

"This is impossible!" - TPM

Of course you have to sound like the stupid trade federation/gungans/Yoda for the full effect.

I found Episode 2 really funny in parts. That poor viceroy of the trade federation can't seem to do anything right. Can't wait to see if he's in the third movie. The Star Wars movies were never deep or anything, but the characters in the first trilogy put a little more emotion into the parts. These new actors need a lot of direction and George Lucas is terrible at that. The prequels are still good in my opinion, but not up to the standard of the first trilogy. To all you Star Wars bashers I answer in my Darth Vader voice "I find your lack of faith disturbing!"

Romantic? Anakin riding on an animated huge black cow just to show greatness of his masculine strength and impress Padme, political debates in Rosamunde Pilcher-like meadow or shake of steel hands on wedding? Well, you don't know what is really romantic. We have a word for such things in slovak, including unwritible characters here, based on german "kitsch", which describes whole movie very exactly. OK, love between Padme and Anakin is needed part, but it can be presented by rather less obscene ways. Not one wild young talking how he need her, Jedi are knights, I think.

In EIII I await less computers and more thinking. In movie shouldn't be known how it ends already on the beginning.

I didn't like Episode 1 at all. Sure, it was cool to see some fights, but as you said, it isn't the saber-fight that makes the movie good.

Why then? Well, many know about Jar Jar Binks. Sure, a little comedy can't be that bad. I thought for 5 minutes. Then, it just was too much. He became boring, and I felt like I was sitting in a kindergarden or something (everybody was laughing). We can see that Lucas wanted to make money on Star Wars trough children, also by making a lots of toys, candys etc.

Then, Darth Maul was also over-reacted. Not the cool, evil man Vader was, but like, a painted frog. Basically, there were no emotionally fights in E1. They jumped around clashing with their sabers etc.

The 3D was also over-used. I like movies where they really make the models and use them naturally. No! Just because there is 3D, it must mean every particle must be made of 3D. Good logic.

Episode 2 dropped the Jar Jar-shit. That's always good. Too bad C-3PO gets a wonderful abillity to talk and live while sepparated from his body (see Episode 5, when Chewie repairs 3PO). Also too much comedy, when it is meant to be serious, a darker period when Anakin's destiny is chosen etc.

And I think they missed the point with Yoda. Did he had to fight with a saber? Is that how you become a great jedi? Yoda's animation isn't great either. Why not use the doll?

There are much I didn't like in the first episodes. The old Star Wars Saga was and is still so much better, so much supperior to Episode 1 and 2. Even old, classic Star Wars games such as Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith is thousands upon thousands of times greate than the first episodes (1&2). I'm sorry, but I find it hard to accept such movies as prequels into one of the best trilogies the human race has ever done.

I couldn't agree more, Dude_Doc. I was very disappointed when I saw the remastered trilogy, and saw that Jabba and his band was changed to 3D. They also changed the music from a neat, alien-sounding music to something different. It makes me sick to see people revert to using 3D when they don't have to. Models are so much better.

And I agree with you about maul as well. He had no character. he was just some bad guy with a gimmicky weapon.

I agree with most of the stuff Nav said in this thread, but there's one thing I like to add about Star Wars in general. SW was mass appealing 30 years ago but I don't think the same movies (meaning 4 through 6) could have appealed to such a large audience these days. Sure, SW is still pretty popular but that's because it has already built a huge reputation. On top of that, Episode I and II aren't as good as the old movies because the bad guys don't get as much screen time as they used to, and Darth Vader was what made the original SW movies classics.

Also, what's up with people who didn't like Clones?

YIKES! whats wrong with clones? hmmmm...

if you actually are into film you will find many problems with it. ANd they are not just easy and forgettable mistakes, they are absolutely horrible.

Anakin saying "I dont like sand, its rough and coarse, and well it gets everywhere! your not like sand though, your everything pure and true.

my goodness! lol

or even better

Anakin saying "I was always good at fixing things, always could solve those problems, but now I cant." then he completely trails off to a new sentance...

I could write more. The writing sucks, the stories are cliche, it is crap in starwars covering. I will give it to you that episode one had some good qualities, but attack of the clones was campy, boring, horribly written, and all around yucky.

Sorry I sound so whiny, I usually dont with this stuff, but clones is such a bad prequel, thatI had to say something.

Frankly as well, george lucas is not the greatest writer in the world, and is a half ways decent director. The only movies that were pretty good were american greffiti and the the indiana jones movies he did.