FED2k Ladder: Quit Under...

How long should people have before they can quit and not receive a loss?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How long should people have before they can quit and not receive a loss?

• 0 seconds
    • 30 seconds
    • 1 minute
    • 1 minute, 30 seconds
    • 2 minutes
    • 2 minutes, 30 seconds
    • 3 minutes
    • Other

Three minute rule was layed out by WW. It shouldn't even be up for debate, IMO.

exactly! this is truly an Atrocity. a Crime against Humanity. Gob pandering to people who are incompetent at playing Emperor and thinking that since they happen to make up the majority of those left here and on WOL, that that somehow makes it "ok" to bastardize Westwood's Official Rules simply because they want to since they are not capable of playing Emperor well enough to be able to *HANDLE* the Official Westwood Rules.

even the Poll question itself is stacked!!! the question *SHOULD* be:

should Fed2K be allowed to change Westwood's Official Ladder Rules: yes or no?

changing Westwood's Official Rules is morally wrong and i am literally shocked that Gob would take such a shady position.

Three minute rule was layed out by WW. It shouldn't even be up for debate, IMO.

even the Poll question itself is stacked. the question *SHOULD* be:

should Fed2K be allowed to change Westwood's Official Ladder Rules: yes or no?

changing Westwood's Official Rules is morally wrong and i am literally shocked that Gob would take such a shady position.

LOL! This just shows how dumb you are nav, surely if people are voting for 1 minute then that counts as the mwanting to change WW rules. Now navvy, think it over.......got it? Good. As for Gob taking a shady position? Errrrr no. HE is mearly asking the Fed2K community what they think so he is actually taking the position of someone intelligent, unlike you nav.

I would welcome a MOD to delete all the posts in this thread (apart from the original) as they are cluttering it up.

Why? Just because he didn't agree with what it was?

And as you can see, more people agree with him

No, because it was exploited.

it was not exploited. exploitation is *IMPOSSIBLE* since quitting under 3 for *ANY* reason is *ALWAYS* legit and Westwood *NEVER* said otherwise. Westwood said you can quit under 3 minutes and that's always fine. If they had a problem with it being used for any purpose, they would never have put the rule in the game.

Gob, rather than you go on Trial, i'd prefer if you'd just be man enough to recognize that what you're doing here is immoral, and correct your own behaviour.

it was not exploited. exploitation is *IMPOSSIBLE* since quitting under 3 for *ANY* reason is *ALWAYS* legit and Westwood *NEVER* said otherwise.

According to their rules it is ok to quit under 3 if the game is laggy.

Westwood said you can quit under 3 minutes and that's always fine. If they had a problem with it being used for any purpose, they would never have put it the rule in the game.

Their intentions were good but nothing can be perfect, it was and stil is exploited.

Btw. give me a quote from a ww guy saying that quitting under 3 is good no matter what had happened.

ken it was not exploited because Westwood wanted Emperor players to have the FREEDOM to be flexible with their BO's and that's the main reason they put in the Under 3 Rule. they knew it would be used for quitting whenever someone felt like quitting, and guess what: Westwood is *HAPPY* about that!

you ken, have no basis to say it was "exploited" yet you throw around that term like *YOU* are a designer of Emperor who made the decision to put the Rule in. why don't YOU KEN, show *us* where Westwood ever said it was *possible* to exploit under 3? to do this you must state:

1. which Westwood employee said it

2. what were his exact (or near-exact) words

3. when did he say it

4. where did he say it

5. did *YOU* see it personally, or are you just posting hearsay

until you can do all of this, then you have no basis to say it's possible to exploit the Under 3 Rule.

it was not exploited. exploitation is *IMPOSSIBLE* since quitting under 3 for *ANY* reason is *ALWAYS* legit and Westwood *NEVER* said otherwise. Westwood said you can quit under 3 minutes and that's always fine. If they had a problem with it being used for any purpose, they would never have put the rule in the game.
Yes, yes, yes they DID! Devinoch said the feature was implimented so players could back out of a slow/laggy/poorly connected game. Delphi said the exact same thing in RA2. I emailed the WW contests people in the early weeks of emperor and got the same response.

Three minutes is default on their ladder servers. Know why? It's from the days of the original CnC, when the games were in REAL time, and it was virtually impossible to scrape together even the most pathetic of forces within 5 real time minutes let alone 3. 3 minutes in emperor is between 4 and 6 minutes real time depending on how laggy the game is.

Given all of this, to which you were grossly mistaken, the only question is, when is the point at which one has had pleanty of time to review game speed, but precedes the point where he may back out of the game because he is losing?

Saying that you can only attack after three minutes is like saying that in the first three minutes of a soccer game, nobody can score. They can pass the ball, run plays, kick to their heart's content but can't score. What's the point of that?

I hate the whiney idea that some people have about 'rushing'. I mean what is rushing anyway? Attacking udner 3? 5? 10? 30 minutes of play? Give me a break. There are no rushers. Only players who attack when they have the advantage. Players who don't attack when they have the advantage are poor players.

This is a list of blacklisted players. Why look at this? Well if you look through the list it includes people who not only used a cheat but also the 3 min rule. Look for early abort, early resign, abuses 3 min rule and such. From what I could tell Westwood helped create this list from a person Buttercup (real name Mary).

http://kbserver.homeip.net/macmark/pages/players/reports/blacklist.html

Thought that this was a good explaination of the 3 min rule.

http://kbserver.homeip.net/macmark/pages/ladder/rules.html

Also on this page There is talking of the running loser problem.

http://kbserver.homeip.net/macmark/pages/news/2000/news_october_2000.html#Latest%20Westwood%20rules

I'm touched by those article.. good one anklbter8!!! too bad I vote for 1.5 min.. If only I read those at the very beginning...