good players?

Darkrul3r

Actually, there are ALOT of people who have been playing a month or 2 and are good, not total newbies(sorry for that strong word).

There are also many unknown good players, like someone clled merma1d or something who Mino rushed me in about 3 minutes :O

• 3 weeks later...

good players?.. hmm hard to say cause there are so many.

in no particular order

i will not list alternate nicks, primary nicks only

ELITE PLAYERS

dk3dragon

earedil

elite47

gunwounds

drnknmsta

zilents

xvayne

acelethal

emprworm

sardcore

deluged

die4honr

skumclam

doompower

marcels71

brennQ

vilgent

bilbo30

harkdog

atrmavr

and many more i cant remember them all

Anyone with these clan tags = ENDO, FEW***, Few**, SKUM, 666, Hobbtz, FUKOFF, TFS, FCUK and so many more that i cant remember them all, however not many clans left since lots of them merged together

none of the guys on that list are elite players except for:

dk3dragon

earedil

elite47

xvayne

acelethal

most of the others on that list royally suck at Emperor. the majority have been proven to cheat.

my definition of Elite = If you play them you have a 75% chance of losing .

If anyone plays the aforementioned people above i guarantee that you will lose 3 out of 4 games.

However this rule does not apply when 2 ELITES (of my definition) play vs each other. Usually when 2 elites play together it is a 50/50 split of who wins the games.

I know many of you may think that "ELITE" means the total package or means undefeatable or means a christ-like friendly attitude and prisitine playing record.

But i think a better suited definition would be a player who can defeat a GOOD players 75% of the time and who can defeat ELITE players 50% of the time.

Afterall, most people only care about wininig.

I think the main problem is that people refuse to admit that someone is a good player because they dont like that player. Whether you like someone has no bearing on their skill. I say that everyone here be honest and dont let hatred or grudge holding get in the way of objective evaluating skill. For instance, i cannot stand vilgent, but he is a good player just because i dont like him doesnt mean he isnt a good player. BUT I am digressing here.. let me end with my main point.

"I think a better suited definition would be a player who can defeat a GOOD players 75% of the time and who can defeat ELITE players 50% of the time."

your theory doesn't work, because if any of the real elite players who i picked out of your list played almost anyone else on that list of yours, the Win split would not be 50/50

more like, the real elite players as i mentioned would beat the other n00bs on your list 100% of the time, or very close thereto

i understand what you mean about the people on my list not being equal. Yes many people on my list are not equal. So the 50% definition is a little lacking. What would really be fair would be to make more stratospheres of "Skill"... but alas that would take forever so for simplicity sake i grouped everyone together.

But in all reality there should be

"LEGENDS"

"ULTRA-Elite"

"ELITE"

"ADVANCED"

"VERYGOOD"

"GOOD"

"AVERAGE"

"FAIR"

"POOR"

"NOOB"

"ULTRA-NOOB"

"JUST BOUGHT GAME YESTERDAY".

this probably would divide everyone up properly....and thus would remove all ambiguity as to how good someone was and prevent grouping of "excellent" players with "good" ones.

but when people ask whether someone is good or not... most of the time we group the excellent with the good for simplicity sake.

when someone asks me if someone is good i will only say yes if they are ABOVE the "AVERAGE" level on my above list

and if someone asks me if someone is elite, i will only say yes if they are ABOVE the "GOOD" level on my above list. Just too complicated to split hairs.

It is impossible for you to judge the other guy's level, here's a quote:

I think the main problem is that people refuse to admit that someone is a good player because they dont like that player.

This eliminates arohk.

Skill also depends on time, for example, a GOOD PLAYER in the past will be getting rusty after a month or so, and don't forget that the people still playing emperor will find new tactics and get better and better and better.

Once elite doesn't mean always elite.

that is true ken... so very true, rustiness is a reality and so is evolution of strategies.

Now that i think of it ....people like dk3dragon would be extremely rusty due to not playing for so long and maybe even obsolete due to the evolution of strategies and tactics. There are many new tricks and strategies nowadays than there were back in the old days. Some people like earedil or dk3dragon might get a rude awakening if they ever came back.

There arent very many people left i would consider elite. there arent even that many good people IMO. There are probably about 5 elite players left(who play regularly) and about 20 good players. Everyone has been named previously so i wont bother.

I agree that people have gotten better and even if D3k wasnt rusty, he wouldnt be as godly as before. After a while you just dont get any better though. I think I've reached my maximum skill level. I might learn a new trick or something but i know every command, every unit every weakness, every bump on every map etc... that is what makes someone elite i think. When you know every single thing about the game. When youre in a battle and you can use everything to your advantage without even thinking about it. Its just so natural. Beating people is a routine.

Ah yes gzakiller i totally understand what you mean when you say you feel like your maximum skill has been reached.........(i like the part about knowing all the bumps in the map heheheh).....but gzakiller thats where TEAM playing comes into the scene !!!!!!!!!

2 vs 2 is a TOTALLY different game. put 4 elite players into a room and get a 2 vs 2 going and thats when you see the sparks really fly !! ;D ;D

because in 2 vs 2 the possiblities for different strategies are exponential.....you are able to do new things like... double team, give units, give buildings, share wealth ( by giving ref), and technology trading.

Plus there is the factor of how well 2 people function together.

there have been few elite "teams"

those are rare indeed.........because you almost have to read your partner's mind.

In my opinion an elite team is more valuable than just an elite player who cant seem to click with anyone else in a 2 vs 2.

some of the elite teams i can remember are ...well this should be easy as there arent many..........(in no particular order)

Gunwounds + Drnknmsta

Emprworm + Sardcore

Emprworm + Skumclam

Skumclam + Doompower

Doompower + BrennQ

Elite47 + Xvayne

Acelethal + Xvayne

These are the teams i have witnessed that can bring massive slaughter to an opponent. Fear these combos if you ever see them :O :O ;D ;D

Emprworm + Sardcore

Skumclam + Doompower

These are the teams i have witnessed that can bring massive slaughter to an opponent. Fear these combos if you ever see them :O :O ;D ;D

I've had the pleasure of playing against these combos, and I know how well they perform together, however I doubt you'll ever witness them if you haven't already, since emprworm has long retired from Emperor, and I haven't been able to get in touch with doomp0w3r lately at all. ???