Alternate Dune

Dunenewt

OCC - Okey I will be playing the harkonnen and this is my first post, but please Dunenewt, change my nickname to Thorup, cus Harkonnen was only a temporary nickname, mkay??

It was a bright morning on the industrial planet Giedi Prime. The workers were off to their menial tasks and the soldiers were guarding, seemingly a normal morning. The baron was having breakfast when suddenly his mentat Piter De Vries rushed into the dining hall.

'Dear Lord Baron, I have got great news.' he said excited

'What now Piter, can't you see I am having breakfast. See you made me spoil good ale, I think a small trip to the pain amplifier would be apropriate.' the baron replied petulant

'But Baron this is of great importance, it could change the course of the war.'

'allright then what is it?'

still very excitet he asked'You do remember the no-ship which the richese scientist built for us don't you, the one Rabban lost to the Bene Gesserit?'

'yes, yes, yes what about it?' the baron considered it an uninteresting and embarrasing subject.

'One of our soldiers tumbled upon a secret while searching for some weapons stored in the deceased richese scientist laboratory' Piter continiued, talking even faster 'It seems there was a hidden room which...'

'but we searched the whole room, nothing was found' the baron shouted, his mouth filled with food which seeped out.

'please let me finish dear baron, the soldier accidently fired a lasgun shot which probably hit the stealth device and exposed the hidden room. Inside the room we found the blueprints and additional prototypes of the stealth device.'

'Excelent, start a full scale production of stealth vessels. The tide has turned, and House Harkonnen may still be the greatest house of the know universe!'

OCC - I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me the name of the richese scientict

(OOC: I really apreciate that our side will become stronger, but the no-ship plans have died with Korona. And meet my soldiers at Carthag.)

A calling for war was spread over Richese (OOC:That's the name of the planet isn't it?). Strangely enough, most of the populace appreciated the call and were glad to join the army. It seemed like the Korona dissaster didn't lower the morale of the populace afterall. Soon the first Nebular was formed and the quick prebattle training was going well. The rest of the battling factions didn't know that the Richese were prepairing for war - they still had time. As Ilban with Sylvanis were asigning officers at the primary army command post, a message from Moritani was transmitted from on the local holochannel, from the palace. The message was encrypted so the Count called a ground car and returned to the Richese palace. After leaving Sylvanis in charge of assigning the rest of the command, Ilban had plans for rest after he read the Moritanian message. Just as he returned to his workroom, the commander of the expedition was waiting to report. It was a surprise since The Count had completely forgotten about the epedition in the whirl of new events. The commander had a happy look on his face. Ilban greeted him in a imperial stile and asked for his report:

- I'm glad to report, my lord, that we found a whole load of mirrors uder the ice. If you ask me sir, we might still be able to rebuild Korona...

- You bring splendid news commander, or should I say general? You have done a great job and restored my faith. I'll give you the first Nebular, you may report to Gen. Sylvanis imediatly.

- It is an honor to serve you my lord Richese!, said the new general with honor and left the room almost flying.

A whole load of mirrors! Gods bless the expedition, thought Ilban. We shall rebuild Korona! HOuse Richese doesn't fall that easily!, after this, the memory of a message from the former allies of Richese, the House Moritani, desturbed his joyful thoughts.

The Count activated the holoprojector and watched the Viscount speak. The contents of the message truly shocked Ilban - what a splendid idea! He turned to the holotrasmitter and replied imediatly:

[hide] I'm truly thankfull for your advice Viscount, your plan is prefect - we have the recourse both in men and amunition. House Richese is fully capable of military support. We shall do as you advice [/hide].

(Fixed it for you Alex)

Leto Stood behind the podium in the main landsrrad chamber. Thousands of Major and minor houses representitives looked at him, he could see the bloated Barron Across the room.

He spoke, his voice booming across the massive Chamber.

"I am sure all of you are aware of the recent turmoil across the Universe, millions dead so far, and millions more to come. Harkonnen forces have atacked Atreides bases and civian populations on Dune." He paused for a moment, the Baron was holding himself back but bits of anger had showed them selvs in his red cheeks.

"We In responce." He paused for a moment, not even the Barron had heard word of this yet. "We house Atreides have Taken Lankivill from House Harkkonnen."

The Baron Flamed His voice booming over the loud speakers in the chamber."You Vial Atreides, you will not succede in this. We have power that you cant possibley dream of. House Harkkonnen will have its Fief to Arrakis back, and with it the Feif to Caladan."

"By Power." The Duke retorted,"Do you mean the Imperiel Saduakar fighting with your forces on Arrakis?" A wild gasp went up across the Landsrrad.

"YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THIS ATREIDES!" Shaddam's voice could be heard with out Aid,"Making false acusations will only lead to House Corrino siding with the Harkonnen!"

Leto Clapped his hands, and dozens of Atreides solders begain wheeling examination tables on them, all coverd with white linnen.

"We Have Are proof Shaddam." He made point of useing the Emperors first name.

The Sheets were pulled back each one had a Sadukar layning back up. The Hair around the V mark showing Imperial Sadukar was aparent on all of them.

The Emperor was at a loss for words. "Those...Are not are men! you surgicly alterd them!"

"Check them your self Shaddam. These are your men, any great house can examine them." He paused."We have plenty."

Gasps went around the room. The Emperor was atacking a Great house? He couldnt do such a thing!

"Your Emperor Has betrayed you noble Houses. Its time to End the Corrino Line!"

Viscount Hundro Moritani watched the spectacle in the Landsraad chambers unfold. He had declined to go himself, prefering instead to sent the ambassador. The man was doing well. He had already requested a Sardaukar body for an 'independant study.' Of course weapons study would be included...

The Viscount sat back and smiled. House Corrino couldn't last, but perhaps he could salvage something of this himself...

Message to Corrino;

[hide] It appears you are in great difficulties. May I ask, how do you plan to escape them? Brute force will not work here. May I suggest, that one of your many Tleilaxu lookalikes takes your place for a while? You and a bodyguard will always find sanctuary here on Grumman, always. House Moritani has alliances with Harkonnen, but we propose... 'close ties' with Corrino as well. Hmm? [/hide]

It's [ hide ] , Alexander, not [hidden]. Just in cse something would be discovered.

Message to Bene Gesserit;

[hide] I await her arrival with great anticipation. A diplomatic meeting is planned in three days time, will she be able to make it?

Sincerely, Viscount Hundro Moritani. [/hide]

The Richese troops had arrived at the Harkonnen stronghold Carthag. The current leader of the Harkonnens on Arrakis was the baron's nephew Rabban. He arranged a meeting with the richesean army's commandor(who Alexander??).

'The Atreides and their allies have military success on every front, the situation looks bleak for you' the richese commander said

'nonsense, we still got a huge army, and with the additional reinforcements you brought we are as strong as ever.'

'I hope you are right Harkonnen, could you update me with the latest situation within the front?'

'The damn fremen bastards are slowing down our spice production. We need to exterminate these guerilla warriors once for all!' Rabban shouted angrily

'I see, may I suggest doing some recon, and find these sietches?' the richese army commander replied

'That would be difficult, they are everywhere in the desert and would notice spies in a matter of short time.'

'We should use more sophisticated techniques, what if we had an insider. We could tempt fremen to work on our side, bribing them.'

'excelent idea, while most of the soldiers focus on the atreides and the real threat, the small groups of "commandos" we possess will hunt down and kill all fremen presense among our spice harvesing fields.' a pleased grin took form in Rabban's face

(OOC: But the No-ship plans have really died with Korona, you have read "House Corrino" haven't you?)

The first Nebular, with their new Gen. Orton, were ready. The plan was to be set in motion in less than a few days. Now, the whole Nebular was marching towards the starport. The poeple that were watching the parade were cheering. The Richesian warriors looked astonishing. With their golden lasguns, that were supposed to bring a great fortune, were now the sacles of Richesian elites - the marksmen. A flagbearer, carrying a banner with Richesian crest, the orange hourglass on black background, was marching in front. Count Ilban Richese was viewing his army with concentration. He had recieved an invitation to the Landsraad and decided that it wasn't safe to travel to Kaitan anymore. Ryoka came from behind and announced that the ambassador had arrived from Kaitan and was awaiting his audience. The Count took a last look on his Nebular and returned to the cabinet...

Commander B'jork was watching the dessert from the observation tower on Carthag. Hot spots could be seen everywhere. While the Harkonnen retreated on one front, they were on assault at the other. Despite the numbers, Harkonnen strategy was poor. Without the Sardaukar support the things were going especialy bad. B'jork heard heavy steps behind. He turned and saw his aide, Marino, coming from the comms room.

- The photon turrets are mounted sir. No one will reach us in atleast 10 Km. The artillerists have already taken their posts. There won't be problems with defence.

- And how about the frontlines?

- We're doing bad sir, the Atreides are supported by high numbers of their allies, Ixians among them sir, We've already lost 2 regiments... 2000 our assault troops are ready for the departure, Rabban had spared 1000 of his troops aswell. They're awaiting your orders!

- Very good, we'll march towards the northpole to capture the water factories. The other men are to stay here and be our reserve. Comunicate the Count and report our progress, if the things won't change, our forces will be crushed in a few days!

- Yes Sir! Marino hailed him and left.

B'jork picked up his heavy Richesian lasergun, put on the shield belt and went to the elevator...

4th Richesian regiment ornithopters landed near the supposed sietch location. From the first look, the so called Sietch looked like a common cave, but the Richesian mirror sensors showed quite otherwise. About 1500 living beings were inside, probably the Fremen. 20 of them were hiding under the sand just before the entrance. Since there were no wormsigns, the regiment formated and began the assault by throwing stunner grenades, these were of Richese design aswell. Though after the explosion nothing could be seen, the sensors indicated that the frontal defence of the sietch, 20 men hiding under the sand , were totaly paralysed. After the confirmation, 50 Richesian troops rushed forward slaying the paralysed fremen. Even though there was no loud sound made, the sensors indicted almost all the living units moving towards the entrance. The Richesian commander was informed that the Fremen wore no shields, so he ordered all of his marksmen to stand in broad formation and aim at the exit. It was a high risk, since he had only 400 men alltogether with pilots and technicians.

The marksmen didn't have to wait for long until robed figures could be seen at the entrance. The frontal marksmen line fired their first salve and about 50 fremen fell dead. Then another wave moved to the front, while the others were reloading, and slayed another score of fremen. Heavy Richesian lasguns were precise but slow to reload, so the commander, with 200 of his assault troops (These were all remaining soldiers), charged the fremen. A cloud of stun grenades flew towards the fremen men, as Richesians unsiethed their blades and began cutting the paralysed bodies like grass. The marksmen couldn't shoot since they'd probably kill more of their own in the current situation. But there came another wave of fremen warriors. Richesians were almost no match for fremen in close battle, so in a few minutes of fierce fighting, half of the regiment was slayed while the fremen side lost but a few warriors. It wasn't long until the commander screamed in panic: RETREAT! and the remaining Richesians began to run towards the ornithopters. But the marksmen were ready this time, all 100 of them fired at once and splashed about 300 fremen into pieces. The light of the lasers and a loud boom, truly broke the morale of fierce fremen, so they retreated to the sietch firing fletchetes at the shield protected marksmen. The heat of the battle fell down. The place of the massacre was looking like a huge lake of blood and frie meat. The marksmen gracefully raised their guns and retunred to the ornithopters. Richesian commander was in a deep shock...

The Atreides starport on Arrakis flickered through the dusty conditions. Frigates decended from the sky, many of them. Screams echoed out on the ground as the weapons were getting ready. The ships came down. Atreides guards quickly took defensive posistions as all the frigate doors opened at once. Ecaz soldiers in the thousands swarmed down onto the spaceport.

Dusting his clothes off the Commander of the Ecaz forces walked up to a standing LT and grinned.

"At your command, Atreides."

Back on Ginaz,the Harkonenn frigate was all but gone.Several Swordmasters were still cutting away at the now ingulfed-in-flames frigate,but others,such as Ghartha,were attending more important matters,like extinguishing the gouts of Harkonenn sprouting up around the vincity.Soon the insolent attackers were all dead,or so the Ginaz thought,and except for Harkonnens being held in interrogation,all seemed dead.

Ghartha sighed as his forces mopped up the blood-shed from the battle and sprayed the burning frigate with water.

Back at the communications lab,Ghartha sent a message to the Mentat representatives.

[hide]We have exterminated the Harkonnen threat.You may land safely now.Be wary,as we believe we still have a few Harkonnens' running amuck.[/hide]

The ambassador looked nervous. He was pale and, what could be said, judging from his heavy breath, was in a great hurry. The Count came up to his table, sat on his large dark leather chair and, calmly, looked at the ambassador. He almost could forsee what happened in the Landsraad Court:

- Welcome back to Richese, Soniac, you may take a seat.

- I have most unpleasant news from Kaitan, my lord, said Soniac while taking a seat.

- Then I'm ready to hear them ambassador.

- There has been a brake in the Landraad. Duke Leto aquised the Emperor of helping the Harkonnens, the Court is no more!, he continued nervously.

- I must say, ambassador, that you don't bring very fresh news. What we're dealing with is a failed Harkonnen plot against Atreides.

- But my lord, it means that the Atreides....

- Yes, Soniac, House Corrino IS siding with Harkonnen. And I fear, that the diplomatic solution is impossible at this situation. The war is inevitable, ambassador, you may return to your family. I won't need you for a while, said Ilban, again, calmly.

- As you command my lord, but there's something more that I bring from Kaitan.

- Oh?

- Harkonnen delegation has given me a message cylinder for you. Here it is. My task is done, if you exquise me Count, I'd like to return home, said Soniac tossing a message cylinder from under his imperial robe.

- But offcourse ambassador. I hope the war ends soon.

When Soniac left the workroom, Ilban opened the cylinder and read it's contents. In the letter,Baron Vladimir told the Count about the scientist, Chobyn and the no-ship he had constructed for him. It was true, though the Baron said, that the scientist died in a accident. The Count was astonished. An no-ship! The Baron also asked Ilban to find any clues about the scientist. The postscript was: We need those ships Richese!

The discovery of this opened even more new horizons for House Richese and offcourse, it could change the course of war. The Count imediatly contacted his archivist and asked to seek information about the scinetist Chobyn. Just as he finished giving orders to the archivist, who was quite surprised to get such orders in the time of war, a messanger entered the room. He said, this cylinder was to be given to the Count personaly. Ilban took the cylinder. He ordered the messanger out and opnened the new letter. It was a message from his troops on Arrakis! The report contained tactical data and reminded the Count, that the war wasn't going very well. The phrases like "Our losses are great" and "We won't be able to hol for long", surely didn't mean that Harkonnens were actualy wining the war. But hte fact, that HOuse Corrino wasn't supporting them anymore, truly shocked Ilban.

It was obviuos that House Richese was to make fast actions in order to, atleast, survive the fight. There was no doubt, where the Second Nebular would go. And hell!- They needed more troops. The Count hit the tabble with his fist. Ryoka entered the room announcing that the boarding was over - The first Nebular was ready for action...

At that moment, B'jork's ornithopter armada reached the northpole. Atreides guardians could be seen all over the place, but they didn't pose a threat to 3000 of B'jork's men. The assault 'thopters opened lasgun fire, pillaging the gates. The assault of water factory has begun...

The 4th regiment regrouped and resumed the atack - there was no holding back. If they ran away now, they'd find double the current fremen numbers next time. The strategie was obviuos - they had to blow the whole cave network and the commander knew how...

Message to Richese;

[hide] I plan to launch an attack on Ix within the week. Their resources must be captured and their commanders slain. I hear that the battling on Arrakis does not go well for you. Rest assured, once the materials are mine I shall put a general percentage at your disposal.

In the interim, I ask that a group of your forces be delegated to aid me in this mission. Richese troops would have an eye for what Ixian technology to keep and what to use against the enemy as warrents by the aituation.

I await your reply,

Viscount Hundro Moritani. [/hide]

Grumman pulsed with a feverous action. soldiers trained, pilots flew, messages span across the planet like flies... House Moritani was preparing for war.

Message to Imperium;

House Moritani fomally declares that we shall attack all hostile parties on the planet Arrakis. This shall not spread to the homeworlds of these parties, and in turn we hope that you shall not take the quarrel to Grumman.

Viscount Moritani.

Message to Harkonnen;

[hide] I didn't mean that. An attack on Ix is iminent. Have you any supplies or troops to lend to this mission, dear ally?

Viscount Hundro Moritani. [/hide]

The Giedi Prime factories poisoned the gray sky, of the once beautiful planet, which had once had been under the control of apelike-primates when the humans first discovered it. Oblivious to this the baron floated around in circles inside his private chamber, as if worried by something. Suddenly the only door to his chamber was opened with a slam and Piter rushed in with a cylinder in his hand.

The baron abruptly turned around, directing his now furious gaze towards the twisted mentat

The Count was enjoying the report of his archivist - Chobyn was indeed a Richesian scientist and he was a known one aswell. Chobyn had a laboratory on Korona. He was working on a project of amplifying the effect of the mirrors. After he had failed on his project, there were no records about him made. Chobyn had a family. They lived in the capital of Richese. Archivist said, that later, just before the destruction of Korona, a report was sent considering a hidden laboratory found in the workroom of Chobyn. Ilban thanked the archivist and contacted his palace guard captain. The Count asked him to search the house of Chobyn's family. If his project was so important that he didn't even tell his own colegues about it, the blueprints or, atleast, the knowledge of it, could be found in his family. After the captain agreed to send a squad for check, hailed him and disconected from the holochannel, Ilban contacted Sylvanis and asked him to call another military meeting:

-Yes, my lord!, responded Sylvanis, The Second Nebular is almost ready.

Ilban looked at the clock - The secret operation "Carnivore" was about to begin in any moment...

A holorecord was sent to House Moritani and House Harkonnen:

[hide]A huge highliner appeared above the orbit of Ix. As the hangar doors opened, Richesian battleships swarmed towards the atmosphere. Moritanian plan was brilliant - the planetary defences were not set yet and all the troops were gone to Arrakis. Two large capital ships took the orbit and released the dropships. The samller frigates continued towards the planet, while a assault ornithopter armada cleared the frontal line. Ixian cities were underground, though, for a small payment, plans of IX were taken from the Imperial library on Kaitan. Thanks to the ambassador.

3.00 min after the operation, a clearing in the mountain, made by the Atreides liberators 20 years ago, was clearly visible now. The peacefull Ixians were doing their everyday tasks.A huge gate construction was in progress. All the assault 'thopters opened lasgun fire slaying the civilians. The frigates landed among the wreckage of the unfinished gate. Richesian troops poured out of them, screaming battlecries and shooting at everything that moved. IX just hadn't enough time to recover - signs of past war could be seen everywhere. 30.00 min after the operation, First Nebular had the city of Vernii sealed and surrounded. Ixian inner defence system were unbreachable and the moment of surprise had passed. The remaining soldiers of House Vernius were now organised and were holding a fierce ressistance. And there were many of them - 60.000 atleast, it looks like House Vernius didn't send all of it's troops to Arrakis afterall...

The capital ships, that were defending the orbit, released planetary defence platforms, that now dominated over Ixian sky. The planet was blocked - Richesians dug in and awaited the reinforcements of House Moritani and House Harkonnen...[/hide]

The fighting was fierce. Atreides soldiers were much stronger and verstile than the Harkonnen conscripts. Richesian marksmen, once again, changed the course of battle. The Atreides defenders were simply "splashed" out of the defence towers. Even though the Harkonnen soldiers were untrained, they faught pretty good, B'jork thought. The yard was cleared in about 20min of heavy battle. Well if you could call this place a yard - no gates, collapsed defence towers and a broken wall. After some Richese marksmen fire at the factory building, the rest of the Atreides forces, there were about 100 men left, surrendered. It wasn't quite a surprise for B'jork to see the Harkonnens execute all of the war prisoners. Even though the battle was succesful, 600 Richese and 450 Harkonnen were dead, while the Atreides lost about 700 troops. Such sacrifices must be made in order to capture serious strategical points- B'jork was pleased with the outcome. Reinforcements from Carthag were underway...

After 3/4 of the assault troops were slain, 4th Richese regiment commander decided to retreat to Carthag...

"Stealth, my dear Baron, stealth." Viscount Moritani sent with his own holorecording...

To Harkonnen and Richese;

House Moritani has already sent many 'mixed' troops for a planetary assult on Ix. These are not all trained marksmen, neither are they hand-to-hand fighters. They are everything. Some martial artists, some troopers, many gunmen and engineers.

All flowed from the dropships as they landed from one of the two massive frigates disgorged from the Heighliner. The troops did not rush to aid the Richesian forces, as they were holding their positions admirably. Instead they headed through the ground on special drilling machines... (more on that later), bursting into the underground caverns and wreaking sadistic havok among the old, inferm, and children. The Ixian soldiers, hearing the sounds of the slaughter, turned back...

Personal message; [hide]

The recording mentions digging devices. I am sure that you shall both be most interested to learn that House Moritani has been experimenting with these and has found that they may be remote controlled and easily modified to carry weaponry. They are long and tubular, simple to disguise as say... a sandworm? One that can travel over rock and, should the need arise, dig into it? With massive mechanical jaws and the capacity to carry troops inside? These are inventions that we are most proud of. Are you interested in shipping any to Arrakis, Baron? Count Richese?

We hold our position on Ix. Arrakis we must leave to you for now, but we shall aid you all we can.

Regards, Viscount Hundro Moritani. [/hide]

The Ixians prepared themselves for all out war.

The production of Thinking Machines began. These Machines were capable of independant force but were still under control of the Ixians. Production began immediatly, 100,000 will be ready by tommorrow.

(OOC: If you build those AI's so quickly and in such numbers, Dunenewt, then I will start producing Death Stars LOL - just joking, I mean we have all IX occupied and you still can produce something :-? I won't be posting for some time, until I get a proper IX, Atreides and other faction's responce >:(, since It feels that Harkonnen, Moritani and Richese are the only one's in the Universe and the other players are sleeping...)

[hide](OOC hmmm who will play the Guild now then?)

msg to Moritani

[Hide] A delegation from the Bene Gesserit arrives on Grumman. Please state you affairs dear Viscount.[/hide]

msg to the Lady Jessica Atreides

[hide] my dear Jessica we have been following the growing of your son Paul and believe that it is now time for us to test him. We are angered by the fact that you gave birth to a son and not a daughter wich you had been instructed to, however there may still be hope. We have found another way that might seal our work. You may expect us on Caladan anytime soon[/hide]