Alternate Dune

Dunenewt

This is my latest and greatest fan-fic. It isnt open yet but you can apply here. The story begins at the beginning of the original Dune novel. However from now on nothing will ever be the same for the Houses of the Landsraad, the Emperor and the Great Schools.

Dr Yeuh couldnt bear to see the Atreides who have looked after him get slaughtered by the vile Harkonnen who slaughtered his wife. Just before Atreides are about to leave for Arrakis, he tells the Duke everything and the Atreides, unaware that the Emperor was involved, took his case to the Landsraad court. However the Emperor stopped the Duke and dismissssed his claims.

Now, the Imperial House Corrino and their following Houses are at the bring of war with the mortal enemies: Atreides and Harkonnens who are also both fighting each other.

Allies of Corrino: Taken by Inoculator9

Hagal

Bene Tleilax Taken by TMA

Allies of Atreides: Atreides taken by Ex

Ecaz Taken by GhostHunter

Ix Taken by me

NEWFremen

Allies of Harkonnen: Harkonnen taken by Harkonnen

Moritani Taken by Dust Scout

Richese Taken by Alexander

Also playable:

House Ginaz - home of Swordsmasters Taken by AK47 001

Mentat School Taken by Inoculator9

Suk Doctor School Taken by Vanguard3000

Bene Gesserit Taken By NaMgPi

Spacing Guild Taken By Andrew

Ordos - on special request only

If you wish to play as one of theses sides please send me an Instant Message

EDIT:As yet noone has the fief of Arrakis - the Sardaukar are still there however

you IMed me newt, and I do want to play so Ill pick a faction, hope its okay to do it now. :)

The gathering was large. Important business needed to be attended to. Nobody, not even the Emperor himself could compromise spice production.

A voice came immediately from the large gaseous tank.

"The Spice is the fruit of life. It is the offspring. A large quantity though in this place we call the universe take the Spice and treat it as if it was common nutmeg. I survive by the Spice, I see through time and unfold it's knowledge with Spice. I will not stand by and allow it's abuse to go on any further. The Edric collective moves with the gathering in suspending all space travel to those who wish to take away our reason for living, our birthright and life."

The consols, taken aback by the pure emotion of Steersmen Edric, knew full well that he was right. One of the men spoke up.

"We know all of this, and need no tutoring by your wisdom. I request that you meet with your kind to see beyond the veil. You must try to understand what is keeping us chained."

Edric flailed his appendages in the fluid-like spice gas, obviously in frustration.

"We see the rift! You do not understand the urgent calling from what we comprehend. There is an essence, an intelligence in the great void. An entity is pulling strings that we cant control or even fathom. We cannot fully trace where its roots form, but believe that this power comes from a noble in the line of Atreus. We know of the Witches breeding program and have studied that it involves the Atreides. We demand that there be further investigation. Currently they are under attack and we cannot allow whatever is communicating to be destroyed. We must have information and we must have it now."

In complete concentration, the Consol Sid Mynard thought through the information that was given to him.

Yes, we must act now. Find any way to protect the Atreides. Though we cannot fully intervene out of our own protection of information, we can help in unseen ways. You Zarn, Take your best emissary and send him to Arrakis. We will send spies and probes in as soon as we find it safe enough. And remember. make sure that nobody is following his steps. These are delicate times."

(OOC - his takes place before the events. Think of it as a prelude of sorts)

It was a beautiful day on planet Veiovis, home of the Suk School of Medicine. Revv Havann sat at his pilingitam desk, reading a report from Bando Marri, Suk doctor to House Jovianus. The Great House had been feuding with House Moritani for two centuries, and it seemed as though the Joviani had just recieved a vital blow. The message had arrived via Guild courier earlier that day, and was written in a sharp scrawl. Revv easily deciphered the code in his mind as he read the message.

"Greetings, Doctor Havann. Dutchess Jovianus was the target of an assassination attempt. The weapon - an explosive device hidden in her desk - had injured her left arm and left leg. I was forced to amputate."

Moritani treachery, no doubt. They didn't plan to kill the Dutchess; they wanted to mutilate her. I see it as more than a coincidence that the Dutchess is left handed. Revv mused to himself. Psychological warfare could destroy an unprepared enemy. He read on.

"The Joviani cannot afford our services any longer. As my contract states, I must remain here until the Dutchess has recouperated. I estimate no longer than two weeks, after which I shall take the next heighliner to Veiovis.

See you soon, old friend.

Bando"

Revv looked forward to seeing his old friend and proteg

The Earl Rhombur of Ix sat back with amazement as he read his report

"Harkonnens going to war with the Atreides on Arrakis!" These thoughts startled him. He was an ally of Duke Leto of Atreides and Leto had helped him overthrow the filthy Tleilaxu of his planet.

Also, what shocked him was that the inside agent for the Harkonnens was a Suk doctor. Even though the Doctor confessed in the end the fact that the Harkonnens broke the Imperial Conditioning meant that it was possible that the Suk Doctors were no longer to be trusted. This particular Doctor, Yeuh, was well known as his Cyborg research rescued a crippled Richese economy - and the Richese were allies of the Harkonnens. Was it possible that the Suks were siding with the Harkonnens.

There were also a few reports among Ixian spies that Sardaukar had been included among the ranks of Harkonnen. But now the Emperor might take action againnst both Harkonnens and Atreides. Is anyone to be trusted anymore?

Message to Duke Leto of Caladan

[hide]

What is to be done with the deceitful Doctor Yueh?

[/hide]

Ghartha Kentar was training new Swordmaster recruits.

"1,2,3, and slash and parry!1,2,3 and slash and parry!1,2,3 and slash and parry!"

He continued this until he was sure the process was embedded into the young SwordMaster's minds.The he began teaching them Karma 1(Don't ask me from where I got it,I just thought it up).

"Thrust!Turn 180 aaand slash!Thrust!Turn 180 aaand slash!"

They kept reapeating this process,and then,quite suddenly,Ghartha pointed the tip of his sword towards the unguarded side of a recruits neck.He felt the tip of it graze him.

"Wondering why I did that,eh?As you can see,if you go into battle like this on your level,you will be instantly killed.That is why you will be supplied with double swords.And you may not see your opponent

attacking you,but you will have to know-by instinct.Now go get some water and then come back.The recruits hurried off as quickly as possible.

Ghartha sighed and leaned back against the wall,but never sheathing his 2 swords.It was common knowledge that when not in the heat of battle,you must always have a wall,or anything else that is very hard,behind you,as an enemy could attack at any moment,but you would have a good view of him,rather than standing out in the open and looking back over your should every second.

You might wanna look at the upload for something close to a Swordmaster.(But NOT a swordmaster)

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

"Harkonnen forces have already landed in Carthag my Duke." Hywat said his mind still in mentent awarness.

"Alow me to take a team my duke. We land in Carthag and crush those filthy Harkonnnen." Gurney said across the Duke. His hand at blade.

"No Gurney we can not alow that. The Harkonnen have landed enough forces in Carthage to control Arrakis, This is not the time for military might. Contact are allies, We hit the Harkonnen back." Duke Leto Atreides said while sitting ridgidly in his chair.

"Information sugests that the Harkonnen still expected the Atreides to move their, even after we presented are case to The Landsrrad. A large portion of their forces is stationed on Arakis. Arakien can hold for a long time My Duke, But not forever." Thurfir stated.

"What of the Harkonnens smaller holdings? How are they defeneded? Lankivill for instence, surely that can not be defended heavily." Leto Asked his eyes a flame with hatred of the Harkonnens.

"We can send a scout force, 20 or 30 of are best men to check it out. Perhaps it would be a good opertinity to liberate Lankivill." Gurney sugested.

"What of the Landsrrad. How will they respond if we were to do this?" The duke asked.

"Most Likely they will not interfere, thinking its still a form of Kanly. Nuetrailty would be their course of action." Hawet stated.

Finaly, open war with the Harkonnens. Leto thought to himself. After so many years of deceit and sneak atacks. Open warfare. I thought the Baron would never resort to such needs. The houses of the Landsrrad must join in on are side. With the majority of Harkonnen forces on Arakis surely some would.

"What of the house of Ix? Will the back us? Richease is known to be suporting Harkonnen forces." The Duke asked

Hawets mind swirled in mentent awarness. The Ixians are most likely to declar neutrailty, they still havn't rebuilt them selvs after the Telixu and Sadaukar.

A aid rushed into the room.

"My duke! We lost the Banner regiment 350 of are best men killed by the Harkonnens near the Shield Wall!"

"What!" The duke screemed practicly leaping out of his chair."Those were are elite regiment. How could they have been defeated?"

"We dont know My duke, They were atacked by 360 Harkonnens. We guess. Heavy fighting. Reinforcements couldnt arive in time. Only 4 survivers out of 350. They say the Harkonnens faught better than any they had ever seen. Almost like.." He trailed off.

"Almost like what?" Gurney demanaded.

"We examined the Harkonnen bodies over half of them were not Harkonnen."

"Not Harkonnen? But how? Who else is aiding them in this?"

The Aid gulped for air."The...Imperial....Sadukar.

A look of shock shot across the room from person to person in a wild torment.

It all fits! Hawt told himself. The Emperor aided in the invasion of Ix. His scientists worked with the Telexiu. Useing Ixian Tech But to do what? The Emperor is aiding the Harkonnen on Arakis. He Wants the spice. He wants more power.After the Atreides humilated his Sadaukar on Ix. He wants reveng, and he is tried of the Guild bothering him about problems on Arakis. More Damable power!

"The Sadukar?" Gurney breathed, "How many did we kill?"

"210 dead all together on their side. 115 of them Sadaukar."

"What!? We killed 115 of the Sadukar with are forces?" Leto asked with surprise.

"Yes My duke. 360 on their side, 350 on ours. 210 on their side dead. 115 Sadukar dead. 105 Harkkonnen's dead."

Another relization hit Hawet. The Emperor knew of the Forces we were training. That came withen a hair of his own Sadaukar. Why not kill three birds with one stone? Elimate House Atreides once and for all. Secure the spice for himself. And insure Sadaukar military supremecy.

"Mentent?" The Duke asked jogging Hawt from his mentent awarness.

"My Lord I think this goes further than we belive. Let me explain." He stated.

"The Emperor fears us. We defeated his Sadaukar on Ix. We are training solders that are withen a hair of his own. Are like in the Landsrrad grows as we speak. He fears us. He also fears Atreides control of the spice. From what we discoverd on Ix. The Emperor was trying to devlop synthetic spice. When this failed he looked to control the spice more Directly. Yet the Atreides would control spice production. The Same Atreides who had defeated him on Ix, and destroyed his hope to controling the spice. So he tried another way. He can not outright atack us. Or he will face the combined might of the Landsrrad. So he makes a deal with the mortal enemies of Atreides,Harkonnen. The Barron would love to crush the Atreides, and with it control spice production. Yet I do not belive that the Baron fully knows that he is being played as a pawn." Hawet finished

Very good Hawat. Leto thought, Atleast we know your trustworthy.

"Bring The Sadaukar to Caladan at once. We are taking this to the Landsrrad. Those Bodies are perhaps the most importent things in the universe at the moment. More importent than the Spice perhaps. Get those bodies out of there." Leto said Standing up. He turned towards the window for a moment, and continued.

"Request a Guild agent to Caladan at once. We must alert the Guild." He said his back still faced to them.

"At once." They replied.

(How was that?)

OOC - who is TMA-1 ? I'm guild so everyone knows. Sorry i have a hard time writing lots if stuff.

Andrew flailed in his tank. The imminent war did not seem good for spice production unless one house destroyed all enemies and took over the spice prodction. The guild may have to chose sides with a powerful ally to keep spice production at par.

Andrew spoke to one of his aides, "Bring me a Bene Gesserit ambassador at once." Andrew popped a spice filled pill into his mouth. He hoped this decision was not a bad one.

Count Ilban Richese was sitting by his desk, still reading reports of massive damage done to his folk and homeplanet by the Sardaukar. The loss of the Moon was a crusial blow to House Richese, not just to their economy. But while their opponents, the Ixians were at their downfall aswell, the Count could concentrate on more peaceful matters. Ilban was done with the first report end went to the second one, considering the damage done to the ecological system of the planet. The Tleilaxu have done their job pretty good, The Count thought. His new synthetical eyes were even better then the original ones, but the memory of most of his folk getting blind just because of a minor spice stockpile, hurt. The Count was done now with the last report and decided to think about the political matters. The situation in the Imperium was a seriuos one indeed. And the Landsraad, devided in two sides, was making the war inevitible. The Richese have already recieved Harkonnen requests of support both in men and technology, but House Richese had hard times now - the war will have to wait. Just at this moment, an aide entered the room:

- My Lord, the expedition team is ready. We're awaiting further orders.

- Start searching from the North pole, most mirrors must've fallen there..., said Ilban turning his head towards the northern window.

- Yes my Lord.

The aide left and the Count actvated the holotransmitter...

They were back at training,now Karma 2.

As the recruits trained,Ghartha heard footsteps.Not the rythimic,even footsteps of the Swordmasters,but clumsy,mixed up footsteps.As he started out into the hall,his recruits noticed and went after him,but he gave the a hard look,meaning stay there.The recruits obeyed.

As he walked out,he saw a Swordmaster-or was he?

"You there!"Ghartha shouted at him.The man looked at him in fear.Ghartha approached him.Suddenly,the man pulled out a las-gun and shot at Ghartha.He ducked.The the man started running,but Ghartha caught up to him and gave him a slash into the side.The man screamed in pain.Then Ghartha did a 360 spin and sliced his head off.

By now,the recruits had followed him out,no matter what he told them,and they were goggling in horror.He walked over to them,and said,"Decapitation-not the pretiest way of killing a person,but the most effective.Now get to your dorms and practice there.They obeyed

Then he walked over to the body and checked it.There was a tiny Harkonnen sign in the man's ear.

"Bloody Harkonnen scum."

And he kicked the body.

Sorry TMA, I'm the mentat school :-

A large circular table dominated the room, along with the four men seated at it.

"Prime projection Vistivius," Mentat Chairmen Orton called.

"Prime proejction. The Harkonnen seek the spice, and the Emperor uses this goal as a means of furthering their own ends. The Harkonnen will blindly waste their forces taking Arrakis for themselves, then facing the Imperial Sardaukar betrayal the Harkonnen will crumble on Arrakis. Leto of Atreides will seek to control Arrakis only after all other options have been exhausted, and will likely move towards the liberation of a smaller Harkonnen holding such as Lankievel. The Ix will support the Atreides, in deed if not in word. The Swordmasters of Ginaz will side with the most combat proficient and honorable faction, likely the Atreides if they can prove themselves against the Sardaukar in battle. The Spacing Guild will perhaps support the Atreides, but not openly. The Atreides represent the least greedy faction, and would likely not cause any damage to current spice production. The Guild would face lessened portions of the commodity were it to be controled by anyone else."

"Statistic projections Larin," again spoke the Chairmen.

"The Sardaukar have the advantage of training and the fear that most hold for them, the Atreides hold the most easily defended positions along with many potential allies, the Harkonnen are liked by few but possess superior weaponry compared to most. According to known facts, the Atreides hold a position to the Emperor and the Harkonnen. The Harkonnen are currently equal to their enemies, but have a great potential for loss and risk. The Emperor is on the offensive, fighting with the Sardaukar at the peak of battle fury. He currently holds the advantage, but it will not last particularly long. Atreides, 1-1.; Harkonnen, 1-2; Corrino, 2-1."

"Tactical projections Soran."

"We possess 200,000 able bodied soldiers, all having recieved Mentat combat conditioning. Predictions estimate their combat ability to be on par with the Sarduakar. Currently our air forces number above 10,000 ornithopters, and 50 ready battle frigates. Our forces would likely be most useful when placed in alliance with the Atreides."

"50,000 soldiers will depart for Caladan, transported by 20 battle frigates; 2,000 ornithopters will depart for Arrakis to hold our training branch there with 10 battle frigates at their disposal; 2,000 ornithopters will accompany our soldiers to Caladan; and another 50,000 men will attack and hold Hagal."

The three men facing the Chairmen rose from their seats and began carrying out his orders. The Mentat School had long possessed these hidden forces, but had never had need for them. Their very survival put at risk, they are forced into action. Their support seems to go towards the Atreides, and will likely remain.

The leader of the Ginaz,Turek Ginaz,summoned Ghartha to his office.

"Ghartha,"He said heavily to Ghartha.

"I want you to go to the Atreides.Observe them in battle.Determine whether or not they are worthy for an alliance with them.I fear that a great war shall soon be sparked.We need allies,Ghartha,or we won't BE.The Ginaz will be no more if we do not have allies in this Great War.That is why I am depending on you."

"Yes,Master."

As Ghartha walked away,he felt suspicious.The true Master of Ginaz would never sound this weak.He turned around.

"Sire?"

"Yes?"

"Could you come here?"

"Of corurse,my boy."

Then he got up from his desk and began walking towards Ghartha.Ghartha noticed he walked clumsily,like the Harkonnen.But as he looked at Turek Ginaz,he knew he was pure Ginaz.But he must have been drugged...Suddenly,the door blasted open,and masses upon masses of Harkonnen came surging in....

"Soran, report on the status of Hagal."

"13,249 troop losses, and 7 transport frigates lost with 3 surviving now being converted into Heavy Combat Frigates."

"Enemy losses?"

"Hagal has been occupied. 24,347 enemy troop losses, 321 ornithopter losses, and 10 of 10 combat frigates captured. 40,000 soldiers have retreated to the orbiting moon, in preparation for a last-ditch attempt to liberate Hagal. Our remaining 36,751 soldiers are preparing for the planet's defense."

"Vistivius, report on your progress in the alliance communications with the Atreides and Ginaz."

"Our representatives have been delayed in their arrival on Caladan, and our representatives to the Ginaz have arrived, but have been delayed in orbit. There has been some fighting on the planet, likely Harkonnen or Sardaukar dresses as Harkonnen soldiers."

"Larin, how are our forces on Arrakis matched?"

"Our forces are outnumbered 2-1, but we still hold a more defensable position. The Harkonnen have delayed attacking, as several Fremen encampnents lay between our two forces. We may be able to attain an alliance with the Fremen if the Harkonnen do not first."

"See to it."

Again the three men facing the Chairman of the Mentat Schools rose, leaving the same circular table. The battles had begun, there could be no retreat.

Hello,

Can I please be House Ecaz? Sorry to say, I did read the Dune Novels (From Jihad to Chapterhouse) but my knowledge is a little skimpy on exackly House Ecaz's main imports, role etc. So if you could allow me to be them, and give me some background information it would be highly appreciated, thank you.

An ugly fat face, then a huge gross body apeared above the holoprojector. The Baron Harkonnen was floating lazyly around his workroom. Ilban looked with disgust, then said politelty:

- I heard things were going not quite well for you Baron...

- Oh shut up, COunt! We've almost retrieved Arrakis. It's just a matter of time before we slay the last of these Atreides bastards!

- Really?, asked Ilban with a questioning look on his face.

- With the help of Sardaukar, we're undefeatable!

- Oh?!So the rumours ARE true...

- Don't play games with me Ilban, give me your men!

- Relax my friend, you see, I thought your forces were undefeatable...

- Yes!yes!Exactly, but we need a little support...

- On the other hand, I could provide with our latest laserguns...for some payment offcourse.

- When we get hold on Arrakis, I will give you tons of Spice.

- But we will have even better laserguns in the future...You must understand Vladimir, there's no moon anymore! The no-ship plans have burned within it. So don't think that House Richese can do some magic to help you win the war.

- You see Ilban, the war will be merciless! Go with us or be against us!

These words truly schocked the Count. In fact, there'll be no neutrality in the war of the Landsraad. It could be the very end of House Richese...

- I guess you know what you're doing Baron...I'll send 20 regiments with loads of weaponry straight to Arrakis. That is all I can spare...

- Good...Looks like your brains haven't become soft afterall. You will be rewarded for this Richese.

With these words, the holoprojector chaged it's image to a Richesian soldier:

- Most of the mirrors are completely broken my lord, but htere's a fair amount of undamaged ones...

(OOC - Sure ghost, here's some info:

-The Ecazi homeworld is Ecaz

-House Ecaz is led by Archduke Armond Ecaz

-The planet Ecaz is home to very complex natural forms, such as elleca wood, used in the construction of most traditional furniture. It is highly sought after

-The Ecazi possess a meager military, but as a suggestion to you: the elleca wood is valuable and you might use that as part of a post, and say for example "Sell some wood, train some troops.")

Chairmen Orton stood on the windowed control room of his temporary military flagship. It commanded a particularly good view Caladan and it's main island continents. It was here that the Chairmen had journeyed, to orchestrate the Atreides-Mentat alliance himself. His own diplomats had been delayed on their own heighliner and had arrived moments before him.

The Atreides begun a claim in the Landsraad court, and may not be back soon. The Chairmen would have to find other means of distraction until then.

- How much did you find, asked Ilban with a joyful look on his face.

- About ten completely undamaged units.

- Well that's the first good news I hear since we've been atacked, I want those mirrors shiped safely to me at once!

With these words, Count turned to the door to meet another aide:

- The dinner is ready my lord. Everything was prepared as you requested.

- Thank you, Ryoka, I'll be going to the dining room in a moment...

- But My lord, there's a guest waiting for you.

- I guest?, said Ilband suprised,what guest?

- A sister from the Bene Gesserit order, my lord, she wanted to speak to you at once...

- A Bene Gesserit!, exclaimed the Count, well in that case, I'll go right now!

The Count followed Ryoka to the dining hall and saw a whole Bene Gesserit delegation waiting for him...

The Duke Looked over the newest report from Gurney Halack. It was short, Gurney wasnt the most talented wrighter.

*1,000 Harkonnen Solders on Lankivill, Populace rally around Atreides Flag. Revolt will launch at 22:00 hours against the Main Harkonnen base.*

So Gurney went out and did it did he? Leto asked himself. Well The news will most likely becoming in the next hour or so. 30,000 Screeming Lankivil rushing the small Harkonnen outpost. Aided by the Duke's best men.

Lankivil was practicly in our hands he told himself.

The situation on Arakis was a different story. The Mysterious mentent order had droped numerous forces on Arakis, and helped the Atreides forces retake a large chunk of the Shield wall, as well sent thousands of troops to caladan in a defensive role.

The Duke questioned them stationed on Caladan, so he put them on the small isle on the north whare his mother still lived with the Sisters. If worst came to worse the Atreides could ferry them over to the fighting.

Ix had pledged their full suport.

Leto had reqested imedite relife forces shiped to the Barely holding Atreides and Mentent forces on Arakis. No reply had come yet.

He mently re read the messege from Idaho.

*6 freman tribes have pledged suport to Atreides, Suspect that rest will soon fallow* So the Freman, Ix,Ginaz,Lankivill,And the mentents were on are side, time to get the rest of the Landsrrad and the Guild as well.

"Duke, Your Transport ship is ready, as are the specimens."

Leto turned around and faced the Gaurd.

"Very well, We shall depart imeditly have 85 of are Old Gaurd garud the cadavers, let no one in to examine them. NO ONE! Once we are on board, tell the Guild that we request a conference with one of their agents to discuss spice production."

"Yes My Lord."

Soon Leto would be on the Highliner, and off to Dangerous Kaitan he had summened a imedite Landsrrad meeting. The others thought he would be asking for help. He would, and present the Imperail Sadaukar cadavers that had taken.

(OOC - You can't just take Hagal as nobody is playing as them yet Too late though)

If you want to join please IM me!

"Captain, please fetch me a group of our most loyal Suboids"

"Yes Earl Rhombur...but permission to speak freely?"

"Permission granted"

"What do you want to use them for?"

"It is time we trained these Suboids in the art of combat"

"Yes m'Lord, I'll do it right away. Its an excellent plan"

"Have them ready and Combat Trained by the end of the week for postment on Arrakis"

(OCC: Ex, is it allowed to capture other worlds? And guys try to keep it more interesting since after the last post it's obviuos that the Atreides are going to win the war :-)

(OOC) - are you sure? ;) . Also wheres NaMpIgAi?

A devious bene gesserit ambassador entered the massive room Andrew's tank was in. "I suggest we create an alliance as we both require spice, and can mutually benefit each other. The Atreides are getting stronger, and coudl be good allies, but what if they get too strong? They may lower spice production to drive the prices higher. We must become Allies to assure our spice allotment is fair and grand."

The Bene Gesserit looked and said, "I will have to ask my superiors but I'm sure you can count on us."

it was a warm evening at Wallach IX as Rev. Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam gazed out of her workroom window.

Below were acolytes bussy like little bees swarming around to satisfy their queen.

-We need to dispatch a covert team to Arakis, Ingrid. I'm worried about the young Atreides heir, I fear he'll be difficult to control.

-Yes Reverend Mother - said Ingrid.

-Also send me a report on the conversation with the Guild navigator, I want it by tomorrow.

-Yes Reverend Mother.

Mohiam sighed, why did Jessica give birth to a boy, so many years of waiting and planning may now be in vein, but she wouldn't give up that easely, one way or another the Bene Gesserit would overcome this "mistake" by that foolish girl.

"M'lord the Atreides have entered in a all out confrontation with the Harkonnens." The Ecaz Duke sat thinking over the recent diplomatic issues carefully.

Their allies, the Atreides had finally declared Kanly on the Harkonnen, and the war for Arrakis had begun once more. The issue was of course to help or not to help their Caladan allies. Though offical diplomatic papers had been signed for a allience between the two sides, little progress had been made since then.

"Sir I would recommend staling for awile to gather up our forces. I see no real choice other than to ally with the Atreides forces now. Soon we will be hit by Harkonnen, or some form of their allies for pledging allience by the Atreides side." The mentat stood looking at his duke who was just gazing out into a small sea by the west side of the Ecaz palace.

"M'lord?" The mentat asked questionaly at his leader who had not even spoken a word.

"So it comes to this........Gather up our forces, withen the next five day I want two legions on their way to helping the Atreides...God help us all mentat." The military advisor finally saw what was troubeling his leader. The man didn't want war, but he realized he had no choice...