Alternate Dune

Dunenewt

(OOC: Please find someone to control the Harkonnens, they're playing a major part in this game...)

As Ryoka left the Count alone with his guests, all Bene Gesserits, as strange as it was, bowed to him. The Count ordered all the guards out and sat on his royal chairdog in the middle of the table allowing the Bene Gesserits to take their seats aswell. Ilban was the first to start conversation:

- Greetings sisters, what brings to our scarred homeworld?, he said a bit nervously.

- Our speech will be short, spoke a tall blonde in dark black robe, probably a reverend mother, You are informed about the war going on in the Imperium...

- These sad news did reach me but...

- We're here to ask you to stay out of the war, the Harkonnes and the rest of their allies are defeated, so if you want to hold the honor of your House Count,keep you neutrality, said the blonde rapidly, braking Ilban's nervous voice.

- House Richese shall consider this, sisters, now if you excuse me, I'm about to eat my dinner.

- These were the words of the Sisterhood, consider them as you like, our message is delivered and we shall leave imediatly.

The sisters turned to the exit and left, leaving the Count alone in his dining room. The things are getting even more seriuos, thought Ilban, if the Siterhood is involved, it must be real trouble in the Landsraad. It's the time for House Richese to show their might! Ilband left his dinner untouched and quickly returned to his cabinet. The floor was made of yellow obsidian. In the middle, a large golden Richese crest ,an hourglass, was shining with honor and power. The cieling was dark orange with golden strips. The columns were black, with golden strips on top and bottom.

Ilban quickly activated the holo transmitter. An aged, dark skined man, appeared in the holoprojection:

- Yes my lord, the man asked confused.

- I'm calling a military meeting, Sylvanis, get the other commanders!

- Yes Sir, the man responded shortly...

The winds howeled covering up the noises of the footsteps as the Fremen/Ecaz assualt group moved along the side of the rock. Though the Ecaz didn't have any fiefs for Arrakis a few meager amounts of soldiers were sent to try to get a allience with the Fremen, and to support the Atreides soldiers.

Booming voices of drunken Harkonnen soldiers got more apparent from withen the caves as the soldiers slowly got closer. The Fremen drew their crysknives and the Ecaz drew their battle swords. Arriving a few feet away from the opening the signal was sent down the group to get ready for the assualt. Nods came throughout the line, the winds were still the only thing heard. And then with a swish of movement the Fremen leader jumped into the group of seven Harkonnens drawing his blade and throwing himself onto the pray.

A blur of blades were the only thing seen by the Harkonnens as all of the enemies dropped dead. The leader continued down the cave as his group followed shortly behind. There was a fork in the cave wall and the Ecaz soldiers took the left, and the Fremen to the right.

The Ecaz moved silently down the cave, taught by the Fremen they were confident of their stealth skills. The caveway started to get a little bit wider, and thats when the Ecaz heard the voices of more Harkonnen. Slowing down to a crawl their blades were drawn and waiting. The voices slowly got louder and the shadow of five enemies came off a wall to the left. Sticking his head around the corner the Ecaz leader counted eleven Harkonnen total and sent a message through his fingers to his soldiers. A few gulps were heard as the group realized that there was only six of them.

Sticking up three fingers the leader pointed to a passageway left of where they were standing, it also lead into the oval shaped rock room. Three of the men silently crept down the passageway and waited for the command. Gazing over the soldiers he looked for any weakness, but finding none apparent he only hoped that surprise and better swordsmanship would win this round. Charging the enemies he drew his blade and the men right of him charged also picking their enemies and lunging towards them.

The group in the other passageway yelled battle cries and threw themselves into the midst of the battle. The Harkonnen were surprised and three fell without a fight. Not quite getting a good fighting stance three more quickly fell. The group continued the onslaught. A groan could be heard as a Ecaz soldier fell dead with a sword stuck into his torso. The man who killed him suddenly fell dead as a dagger swooshed through his head in a quick movement.

Only one man stood left and the Ecaz stood waiting as he drew his sword and faced it directly at the commander. His men were ready to charge but the Commander waved them off and charged the Harkonnen LT with his sword drawn.

The two met with a clash of swords, it slowly moved towards the Harkonnen, then back to the Commander. Quickly thinking the Harkonnen dropped down and tried kicking his opponant down. Flipping backwards the Ecaz quickly got his battle stance as the Harkonnen charged slamming his blade into his enemies once more. The Ecaz commander was slowly being pushed back to the wall. Realizing this he looked for some weakness in his enemy. Spotting one He tenses up to his max on a clash of swords, his reaction time will be reduced if he has to come up with another attack quickly.

His plan was soon foiled as the Harkonnen took one hand of his blade to reach down into his belt and grasp a dagger. But the second he did that the Ecaz quickly noted his strength in his blade decreased by 50% and un-unclashing the sword he took a swing, the blade smashed into his oppenants and made him fly back and hit the ground. Before he could get back up the Ecaz commander jumped into the air swiftly and landed down on his enemy. The sword went through the Harkonnen and blood came out of the wound as the LT gasped for air, and slowly fell into eternal sleep.

His soldiers let out a sigh of relief and grinned as their leader had pulled it off. Cracking his fingers the Command moved down the passageway once more, his squad followed him. The passageway got substansily larger and light came through the cracks. Then suddenly they emerged on a 10 foot long walkway on the side of a cliff. There was a large black platform connecting the two sides, and it contained their prize. For on the black platform there was six Imperial clas Orthinopters, the best you could get, with substansial amounts of spice in them. The whole team grinned but it was short lived as they noticed 10 Imperial Sardukar on the other side. There was just NO way they could take these enemies down.

But then suddenly the blades were drawn from the Sardukar as the Fremen group emerged from a caveway with their blades drawn and a fierce battle hardened face. The duels were quickly over as the 10 Sardukar fell for ther three Fremen that did.

"Get in the damn orthinopters!" Screamed the Fremen commander as the command jumped for a Orthinopter, the rest of his group got the other two, and the fremen got the rest. Quickly running his hand across the command panel it flickered to life. Grabbing the joysticks he hilted them up and the flaps of the wings made the machine come to life as it elevated in the air. Quickly making it jolt forward he made the plane take off into the dark desert skies as the other five followed him. The Atreides would like this prize.

O.C.C - Sorry I'm not that good of a writer, and a pretty slow typer, but I had to sorta drag the battle out and make it seem more realisitic, so sorry I guess :-.

(OOC - It was fine :) And about my capture of Hagal, as I said there was a remaining group of 40,000, and I have plans for them, that part of my post isn't quite over yet)

Through the haze of morning on Caladan Chairman Orton gazed across the sea from the balcony of his hastily erected command post. The Atreides had recieve his support gladly, and they would use it well. Duke Leto though, seems to be under the misconception that we take his orders. We will prove otherwise. The Atreides fight for Arrakis and some of the Harkonnen fiefs, but ignore the burgeoning conflicts around Kaitan. Smaller, minor houses are beginning to leave the planet and it's neighbors, in favor of one of many factions. Just this morning, House Harongaldias had defected to the Mentat School and now resided on their home planet. The conflict was not as isolated as the Atreides would believe.

(OOC - He chose me because I'm great!)

Throughout the Imperial Palace shouts were heard to erupt from the Imperial chambers, along with several heavy objects. The Emperor had flown into a rage at the news of more defections to other houses. He knew he would eventually have to face them, and so did they. His army stood ready, but it would not stand very long if he could not gain allies. The Atreides and Harkonnen were neither likely choices, and the minor houses mostly have fled the capital systems around Kaitan. One of the major factions that had not allied itself yet would have to be selected. The Suk Doctors would be of value, and even the Mentats might be of use, should he be able to convince them to have dual allies both in the Corrino and Atreides. This could create a valuable union, but it was not a likely outcome. The Suks would have to be sought...

The Emperor pulled a small spehre out of his pocket and spoke orders into it. Within 10 minutes a Heavy Battle Frigate carrying diplomats had been dispatched to the home of the Suk, in an express heighliner, sent by the Guild. Perhaps the Guild would ally themselves with the Corirno...

(Dunenewt,I could play the Bene Tleilax.I know from playing alot with them on Emperor((As crazy as it sounds))and reading the dune books.I know about Gholas',Facedancers,Contaminators,Leeches,Xlotl Tanks,and Living Turrets)

...As the Harkonnens burst through the door,Ghartha's first instinct was to protect Turek.But as he looked at him,he saw that he had that faraway look,and Ghartha knew that Turek was dead.

He then dropped the body,and grabbed a las-gun hanging from the wall,and proceeded to massacre the Harkonnens in a splatter of blood and organs.Strangely,none of them had activated shields.As Ghartha ran outside,he saw why.The perimeter laser turrets had opened fire as soon as the large Harkonnen frigate had given the wrong access code.It had it's shields down,and was pouring out more troops by the minute.Luckily,other swordmasters had obtained las-guns,and were repeatedly fire at the frigate,green beams cutting into the large black ship.Then a flame tank rolled out.Ghartha saw his advantage,and shot it with his las-gun,and it exploded,destroying several other tanks,and setting fire to the main deck of the frigate...............

Veiovis was cool this time of year. High Director Havann estimated it to be about 278 Kelvin. His black and white field coat kept him warm as he watched the Guild shuttle land at the starport. Minutes later, a figure emerged from the craft, and walked towards the High Director.

"Bando. It's good to see you."

"It's good to see you too, Doctor Havann."

"Come now. I never let you call me Doctor Havann when you were my proteg

O.C.C - Seems pretty good so far, but I haven't had any fan fiction experience before hand.

"M'lord your forces await" the Duke slowly walked towards the closed porch doors. Taking in a deep, long breath he shooved them open and the light shone in. Walking slowly out to the porch with his mentat by his side a roar of cheers echoed throughout the air. Below him on the vast green courtyard was every single Ecaz soldier fully armed and ready, a total of 890,500 soldiers.

Waiting for the cheers to die down the Duke wanted this over with as soon as possible. A quite hush came over the men below and a small breeze was the only sound before the Dukes voice came booming over the speakers.

"As we all know, House Atreides hailing from Caladan has been a universal peace keeper, and a aider to every Faction in need through time. Times have begun to change and our Allies have been delcared Kanly on by the evilness that is Gedi Prime." The Duke paused for a second then continued. "The Atreides have personally helped our faction many times over, and now we must repay the favor. Today we must stand as a united faction. One that will prevail from the threat of a evilness beyond all comprehension. For today, we must take military action to protect not only the Atreides, but our very own. Today I stand here issuing the command not as some evil dictator, but one that see's what will not happen if we do not intervene. Today I ask of many of you to depart to Arrakis, hoem of the Spice Melange and others to stay and protect our land. I ask you all, no matter your destination, to fight bravely for our House, Our Land, and most of all OUR RIGHT TO LIVE!"

The Duke brought his fist down swiftly onto the oak podium bringing a monsterous cheer from the men below. So they do really follow thier Duke in this, we may stand a chance after all. The Duke slowly walked back into his corridor with his mentat following closely behind. Two guards shut the doors behind them, the cheering was still going on despite the Dukes absence.

"M'lord, the troops depart withen the hour, and our defending troops will be at their stations and ready for any assualt by tommarow morning. But are you sure you wish to go through with this?" The two guards walked out silently and closed the door behind them. Walking over the Duke slowly sat down upon his bed and put his hands in his face.

"Do we really have any choice now? Did we really have any choice before hand?" The mentat looked down at the black tiled floor grimmly, for once the advisor did not have a answer. After a few moments of silence the Duke looked up at the mentat.

"How long until we get those new production facilities up?" The mentat went through his massive database of information.

"Well m'lord, our House has many riches, and trades, but we have never really needed facilities for military production before. So basicly we have to make all of these out of scracth, of course we have a few factories which are beginning to build weapons, but progress is slow." The Duke noticed the mentat purposly not directly answering the question, but the answer he gave was all the Duke needed.

"Leave me be for now mentat" the advisor nodded, bowed and quickly departed. Opening the balcony doors the Duke gazed down on his troops who were now boarding frigates to either go to defensive posistions on the planet or in space, or on ships headed for the baron desert wasteland. House Ecaz was now commited to the war effort.

(OOC - I have no intention of being unfair, in fact, I'm devoting two seperate parts of my brain to it :) One is shouting at the other one, I need something to drink... )

(OOC - I thought I'd say, that if worst comes to worst I will play the Harkonnen aswell :P, or newt could ask TMA to do that)

Mentat Post:

Chairmen Orton, again seated at his round conference table, at its temporary home on Caladan, began recieveing his aides reports.

"What of the Fremen on Arrakis? Have any of them allied themselves with us?"

"Three tribes have pledged an alliance with us," spoke Larin, "One of them has relinquished control of a sietch in their territory to us, and have hailed our forces as the subjects of an ancient legend. We are being called "the offworld minds." Apparantly, they believe our mentat thought processes to be of some holy nature and they seek to worship it. They will follow any order we give."

"How many men among them?"

"The two remaining sietches in their control house 40,000 able bodied men each."

"Begin transporting one third that number here, to Caladan. What of the Emperor's plans?"

"The Emperor is seeking an alliance with the Suk Doctors. We believe that if his attempts at diplomacy with them are successful, he will employ the minor adepts of their school as field physicians for injured soldiers. Their combat proficiency would rise significantly as a result."

This time the Chairmen stood from the table first, leaving in favor of his quarters.

Corrino Post:

The Emperor's secret soldiers operating within the Harkonnen military have been recalled. The Emperor decided to withdraw all support from every feuding faction until the most likely victor could be determined. The Harkonnen seem to be outnumbered by their enemies, but still possess the best weaponry and the most soldiers. The Atreides have rallied the support of many allies, but most of them have little or no real power. The Corrino might yet forge an alliance with the Suk though. The Emperor's original intentions of an alliance with the Harkonnen, though, died, atleast until he could more thoroughly considerthe decision. The Emperor's Mentats have also been recalled, due to unstable relations with the Mentat School, so the decision will be the Emperor's alone.

Revv watched from his office window as the Corrino frigate landed at the spaceport in Asclepiopolis - the capital city of Veiovis. It was bristling with weapon pods and, from what his mentat advisor had told him, was very heavily armoured.

what do they want with us? Revv thought. We don't want to be a part of this.

Five Sardaukar exited the frigate. The one at the front - a caid, no doubt - looked up at Revv's window. The reflective surface on the outside of the window concealed the High Director's shock.

They knew I'd be watching them. They're trying to intimidate me. Yes, that's why they carry stunners and swords on my peaceful world.

The Sardaukar arrived at the building, and the caid was permitted into the High Director's office. Revv stood behind his desk, while his mentat, Sindy Antannus, stood behind him and to the left.

"Are you Revv Havann, High Director of the Suk School of Medicine?" The Caid said in a gravelly voice.

"I am."

"His Majesty, the Emperor Shaddam IV, wishes to form an alliance with the Suk School."

"We are doctors, Sardaukar, not mercenaries. Our services are available to any and all who can afford them. We have no quarrel with his majesty, nor any other Great House in the Landsraad." Revv noted that the Caid's eyes widened somewhat at his referral to House Corrino as a mere Great House. "If the Emperor is in need of Suk physicians, he can come to us through regular channels, rather than sending armed thugs. Now, I have other business to attend to so, if you don't require medical assistance, please leave." The Caid turned on his heel, and left the High Director's office in a huff.

Angry or otherwise, the caid should have bowed before leaving. The rumours were correct: Sardaukar training seems to be less than what it once was. Nevertheless, they are a powerful force, and I fear what they will send to Veiovis next.

The setting is set on Tleilax, inside the Great Oratory, where the great theologen/geneticists of Bene Tleilax speak.

"The rights of genetic purity are no longer needed, for we are of a new advent. We have been given the gifts to alter genetics. All gifts by grace.

The rights that men have towards God are different from the rights we give to those men. He, the supreme being, gave us understanding and wisdom in His ways so that we may create our own laws. Remember, He gave us His wisdom in order to alter His creations. We must always stand humble before the grace of His gifts. We must always continue in the wisdom of genetics. The language of God is the key to life. It is the only true relic in this entire universe. The pawindah Ixians can continue to break the laws of the great convention and of our Lord, but we can create holy images, derived from the wisdom given to us by God himself."

The dosen counsillors nodded in approval; Their wrinkled faces all flexed in what was a sort of smile.

Ujinn looked upon them with a paternal gaze.

" 'We play the pipe for you, but you do not dance.'

The pawindah will always be ungrateful for our works. They always have. This quote from the Orange Catholic Bible should lie within all of your souls till your passing comes. We face serious times. The Bene Gesserit have closed down even harder in their security. Their breeding program is at full force and our facedancer spies tell us that it could reach its peak soon. The Guild has been as neutral as ever, and dont pose a threat at this time like the Bene Gesserit do. The Landsraad though... They are growing restless. The Emperor is beginning to fear that his seat of rulership will soon end. This is why I have personally created nine face dancers to infiltrate the various key houses to see what this intrigue is all about. I count on you twelve to hold these truths and aid in pulling the right strings to bring these face dancers to their correct destinations. I am sure you have a lot to do so I will leave you with a blessing of God's speed.

Ujinn bowed to them and after a few formalities he needed to attend to, left the oratory. After the talks he wished to visit his face dancers contained in axolotl tanks. Soon they would be put in service.

In less than a hour, Count's workroom was filled with variuosly ranking officers. It was a large room, so it could contain the whole Richesian military command.

All the commanders were watching a holorecord of Baron Harkonnen asking for help. The baron looked disgusting and embarrasing, but no one smiled in the room. The matter was seriuos - it has been a long time since House Richese was involved in any millitary action. As The Count's responce sounded in the room, the crowd began to murmurr. Silence witheld in the room, as the Count began to speak:

- As you could hear, I've sent our elite troops to Arrakis. But know this - our worst fears have come true. The Landsraad is no more. The Imperium, if such still exists, is engulfed in war. House Richese cannot stay neutral. I know we had hard times after the Sardaukar atack. But we must help House Corrino to restore law and peace, House Atreides had broken. As a Count of House Richese, I set martial condition. Our whole army must be mobilised. You may report now Sylvanis...

- Our army as an estimated 400.000 trained men, but it will be almost half of our popultaion. We have loads of our latest weaponry stored at the warehouses. But I still doubt if our army'd like to support the Corrinos and, in fact, Richese have forgotten how to fight, ended Sylvanis.

- Thank you Lord Sylvanis, I do understand that House Richese haven't been fighting for a long time. I personaly dislike war, but we have no choice, if the Atreides defeat the Harkonnen and Corrino, the whole Imperium will be doomed. Lord Dordoron, I'd like to hear your report...

- We have been reviewing the history of our House, my lord, and the battle formations we used in the past. Our army will be devided in threed parts, the, so called, nebulars. The standart bears it's name of a cosmic fog because, it uses the engulfing tactic. The Nebulars are devided into elite and minor corps. Our elite units, as was agreed, will be our marksmen. Arming them with our lasguns and aiming devices, they can work devastatingly. The marksmen were always honor of House Richese. The army will be fully mobile in ETA one week, if they will rally by the Richesian flag, offcourse...

At this moment, 20 Richesian elite regiments with amunition pods arrived to the main Harkonnen holding in Carthag... (OOC: We need Harkonnens for later action...) :-

I appologise for being so late getting started, my internet connection is going screwy...

Viscount Hundro Moritani looked about him with dismay. His list of allies was growing thin, and his list of successes even thinner.

"Even the neutrals appear to be siding against us..." He muttered as he stared at the projection of Arrakis. "The Guild and the Bene Gesserit, they at least I had hoped would keep their noses out of this. Are the spies certain?"

"Absolutely certain." replied the Mentat at the Viscount's side. A thought occured to the Viscount.

"The Mentats too, appear to be siding against our allies..."

"Indeed."

"Where do you loyalties lie, I wonder?"

"Twisted Mentats do not come under ordinary rules."

"Ahh yess, of course. Suggestion as to plan?"

"Make new alliances, persuade neutrals to best of ability, take Arrakis." The mentat intoned. The Viscount continued staring at the projection.

"Dammit I'm going to WIN this!" He shouted, and destroyed the projector with a blow from his fist.

To House Harkonnen; (Is someone playing Harkonnen? In any case...)

[hide] Suggest persuading tactics with Bene Gesserit and Guild before they are lost to us completely. Bribary with spice? Mentats too far gone. Suggest complete extermination. Moritani forces unaffected by recent turmoil, suggestions as to next act?

Your loyal ally, Viscount Moritani. [/hide]

Message to Richese;

[hide] Suggest persuading tactics with Bene Gesserit and Guild before they are lost to us completely. We realise that you may have need of economical aid. We offer this plan. Atreides, Corrino, and Ixian forces are all concentrated on Lankiviel and Arrakis. Caladan is too well defended but Ix is a prime target. Imagine what you could do with their resources. The Guild would need you for Heighliners! And with the fall of Ix would come the fall of Atreides and Arrakis. Then the spice planet is ours. The Harkonnens may or may not be involved, keeping in mind they are powerful allies.

Remaining loyal, Moritani. [/hide]

To both Bene Gesserit and Spacing Guild;

[hide] We on Grumman have a wish to discuss diplomatic matters with you. We request that you send an envoy as soon as possible. If this is unacceptable, we shall send our own should you accept.

Viscount Moritani. [/hide]

the dark, slim, blackhooded woman strode towards the guild navigator Andrew's chamber. All around her, dark cloaked men with obscure facial forms went about with there bussiness, like she wasn't there, but she could feel them monitoring her every move, she loathed them but knew that they played as big a part in binding these universe together without their monopoly on space travelling it would be caos.

secret msg to the Guild

[hide] you have sumoned us, please state your bussiness [/hide]

hidden msg to Moritani

[hide] we will dispatch a Reverend Mother, please do not waste our time, and let it be of greates discretion [/hide]

(OOC will I be able to control Jessica as she's a BG? and what about Irulan?)