Best Unit

lawndart2002

I think I already commented on one-on-one, and that was the Missile Tank. Cheaper, faster, and with a longer range and comparable firepower to the almighty Devastator. Plus, if a Missile Tank is deviated there is no chance it would blow itself up. ;D

Best overall tank for most REAL fighting roles (group combat/hunting/harvester raids/base busting/and general harassment) is the Laser Tank. I think Ken had real fighting roles in mind when he picked it. I did. I mean if it wasn't a good unit do you think those who like it would be as steadfast as they are in their touting it's virtues? I don't think so.

To me, the best overall infantry unit for real fighting roles is a Sub-House unit: the Sard. They are relatively cheap and fast to make considering their firepower, armor, and effectiveness against both inf. and vehicles. Having an enviable range against most other types of infantry, they are truly a force to be reckoned with when in numbers. Properly managed and used, a group of these powerful units can last you an entire multi-player game.

Another two cents for the thread...

Oops,for got to add Ix.

Well,its really close...but I think that the Infiltrator wins by a tiny bit.

Because of,a)The projectors projections dissapear INSTANTLY from ANY fire,or a scout,and b)Because 2 Infil. can destroy any un-graded building(Or mabye its just Ref...I'll have to check into that)

lowzeewee, you do know that the lasertank has 2 speeds right? normal speed and slowed down speed, a fedaykin can never destroy a lasertank, even if it went the same direction as the lasertank, the lasertank in those screenshots was already hit by the fedaykin (close range) and still got away, remove some more health of the lasertank and you have your scenario low.

btw. lets drop this topic, we all know that there's no best unit ahum cough cough ahtiestmonk cough.

well ive decided even if there is no BESt unit, the laser tank aint best over all. I was ordos vs. an Atriets AI! one shot to the back from that sonic tank killed in one hit, while i was trying to manuver it! then i took 3 dust scouts on a sonic tank, AI mind u. and it picked all 3 of them off in less than 10 seconds, even though i was movin them alll around, it just lined up with them and killed em.

Well the fact is Sonic tanks are extremely effective against anything on land, especially short ranged units while Sonic can be suppressed easily so its not too useful when against long range units like Minotaurus. And did you know that 2 shots is all you need to take out a Devastator....

the laser tank aint best over all. I was ordos vs. an Atriets AI! one shot to the back from that sonic tank killed in one hit

a lasertank can crush 3 sonictanks, just hit and run the sonic waves are very slow....

Sonic Tank:

good:

does good damage to buildings ;)

fire on the move (only in that direction) :D

bad:

not fast as other tanks :-[

Good damage to buildings??Its pathetic against buildings

Fire on the move? Mongoose, Mino, Flame Tnk, Lasers and Ordos APCs can do that...but a Sonic Tnk? It has to stop to shoot!

Not as fast as other tanks??Its quite fast

i play with house atriedies only and i say the best tank is the devestator, it can destroy any other tank, its fast to produce and it can blow up, second comes the sonic tank, and btw a deviator wont likely shoot a devestator because no one puts a devestator in the open, besides in a spice field by caryal and when danger comes they TRY to pick it up, besides i think the game developers intended for the devestator to be the best tank. i make a point

i play with house atriedies only and i say the best tank is the devestator, it can destroy any other tank, its fast to produce and it can blow up, second comes the sonic tank, and btw a deviator wont likely shoot a devestator because no one puts a devestator in the open, besides in a spice field by caryal and when danger comes they TRY to pick it up, besides i think the game developers intended for the devestator to be the best tank. i make a point

Its not that fast to produce.