Best Unit

lawndart2002

Can you win with harvestors? NO!

but harvesters are crucial to your spice production if u r on dune,there are no spice farmers...... [*quote]

Why do you need harvestors? To produce units in order to win the game, harvestors wont help you in any bit except in taking fire.

Sonic Tank:

good:

rips through infantry :O

rips through vehicles ;D

does good damage to buildings ;)

faster than minotaur ::)

run over infantry :P

fire on the move (only in that direction) :D

bad:

killed by other sonic tanks :(

kill own units >:(

not fast as other tanks :-[

Me;

Good:

Can kill infantry quickly,

Excellent scout-hunter,

With chevrons even better hunter,

Can actually be used as a scout with weaponry, especially with a stealth crate,

Great crate picker-upper,

Cheap and quick to produce,

Self-repair, like all Ordos units,

IT IS POSSIBLE TO WIN A GAME WITH NOTHING BUT DUST SCOUTS! IS THAT GREAT OR WHAT?!

Bad;

Terrible against heavy armour,

Like all Ordos units, speed is severely hampered by damage,

To be effective in anything but hunting must work in large groups.

*Takes bow*

Thank you! Thank you!

Hrm, best unit? Depends to me on the circumstances on which it's used.

One-on-one: Harkonnen Missle Tank, though weak it can hold it's own if cornered against a single attacker. Kinda fast with (tracking) firepower to die for, it's also able to run over pesky Feyd's and Kinjal, it's primary threat.

Pack Hunting: I'm going with Ken and saying the Lasertank. These nice little hovering chassis' sport more firepower (in my opinion) than does a Mongoose with comparable range and superior accuracy. Said firepower is mounted on a nice 360-turret for Partheanesque hit-and-run attacks that will pummel anything into nothing in just a few minutes.

The lasertank is the best overall tank, it's fast, it can regenerate itself, it has a shield preventing it from slowing down inmediatly, it fires while moving, it's quite strong against tanks.

btw. lowzeewee, quit the spamming.

Well, er, overall normally denotes pack hunting and groups of the units. Uhm, doesn't it?

Oh, I'm a dummy, and I blame the StarBucks and old recordings of White Zombie. :P

But, in my opinion, yeah OVERALL the best is the Lasertank, period, end of discussion, stop looking at my goat like that.

The lasertank is the best overall tank, it's fast, it can regenerate itself, it has a shield preventing it from slowing down inmediatly, it fires while moving, it's quite strong against tanks.

btw. lowzeewee, quit the spamming.

That's true but the dust scout is also a very useful unit. Without it laser tanks

wouldn't stand a chance against fremen when attacking.

IMO one on one==> Devastator, can crush any unit,air and ground...

The devastator is too slow, everything with more range can destroy a devastator, you can even use hit 'n run tactics with the minotaur on a devastator :O

Thank you, Lowzeewee. Yes, Dust Scouts are the ONLY units to hide in dust bowls! Not even the Fremen can do that!

Skilzat99X, probably because it attacked you. A good Dust scout knows when to fight (infantry, but not troopers) and when to run (tanks & troopers). And Dust scouts alone aren't a briliant fighting force (just briliant everything else ;D ), it's in groups that we're really dangerous.

It's a hobby of mine to train Dust Scouts one by one to maximum level and then run around until they hid a stealth crate. The record on a single map is seven. Very few things stood against them (no, not even the big tanks like Minotaurus or Assult tank!) as they just ran away to heal and couldn't be followed. Of course if large numbers of tanks had turned up they'd most likely have been history. Or geography.

*Looks at 357. Desert Eagle*

*thinks*

*hooks up complicated mechanism to fire said weapon without any fingers*

Come get me!

Oh, and one more thing. I challange any of you to come up with a unit that has a more adorable "Squeak!" than a Dust Scout. Aren't we just so sweet?

Acually dust scout i just beat the emeror worm level wit atrietes. i hated those guild makers and Niabs! then i didnt have that much trouble wit the laser tanks. I converted a hark fac so i could get their units. And, sorry to say, whenever a dust scout came up, i kinda, sorta, ya know, BLEW ITS HEAD OFF! ya there fast and hide in dust bowls, but even just 1 of my kinjal could kill about 2 before dieing.

That's the downpoint of dustscouts, they're lightly armoured (no chevrons)

Light armoured units are very vulnerable against splash damage (a minotaur can take out 3/5 dustscouts just because of its splash damage)

I still stick to my opinion, the lasertank is the best overall tank.

accualy the sonic tank could kill laser tank 1 on 1. even if it has to line up, the sonic can kill it in 1 or 2 hits. the laser doesnt hurt it that much.

No the sonictank cannot destroy a lasertank, you just need to micromanage the lasertank well enough to dodge the sonic's shots, it's not very difficult.