910 DTop:Are U Looking Forward to Dune Generations

davo

Davo that may be the reason (56K modem) alot of people here are not interested in the game. I am still looking forward to this game more so than FH Dune. Not that I dislike the latter game I'm just not real impressed with it as I was before for one there does not seem to be a lot of interaction with other players in the game just running around and shooting. I could have the wrong idea about the game but that is all that I can see from information based apon the concept of the game at the moment. Will this game have puzzles related to the Fremen?

One would hope FH's Dune would be more than just running and shooting. The publisher did say it is an action/adventure game, so I would expect some adventure game type puzzles.

The main problem for both games is lack of info

• 3 weeks later...

I played a massive online game called Asheron's Call for over a year with my crappy 56k modem and it ran fairly well.  The biggest problems were at 6 o'clock in the large trading towns when I could barely move.

But the impression im getting from the FAQs about DG is that much of the game will take place around a universal chart showing your holdings etc., so maybe the lag won't be that bad.

By main concern is how we english speaking people (who can't speak french and dont have the time to learn) are going to interact with the french.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

maybe one way cause one fo mah question was how to split dune in a million duifrernt pieces is that when u apply online u can choose french spanish chinses.......somehow...lol..and they seperate u into ur own "class"

yah u wont be able to play with FRENCHIES i know but wuts the point..i mean jsut omagine how long negotiations will take lol.......it like tu parlez francais.....then ...."wut??? u declare war!!!"

u know wut i mean ...guys come on...austrlians...USA, CANADA , and britian i think that i enough players for us lol

for france well they get quebec and for chinses well the population of china explains it all  :-X

• 2 weeks later...

AOD that's funny but at the same time it makes sense about the different languages being spoken (typed) and all playing the same game. I hope the translator is better than some of the translator programs out they sometimes confuse the translation even more. lol

• 4 months later...

I would give my snout to have this game be high-speed access only, rts games that allow players to use 56k are always bogged down, prone to disconnection,  and generally suck to play. when this game does start I hope I can choose to attack and not be attacked by people with slow access I dont even want to play 56k connects ( ok now wait for the puter to transfer info regarding hundreds of units, now wait some more, now wait for more info sheesh! please people get better access or dont play this game, or any online RTS game for that matter.

Face it man, not everyone is financially fit enough to buy a cable or DSL line. Let me put it this way, 3/4 or more of the population are dial-up. Many people can't even afford 56k, so they are resorted to 28.8 or 32, etc.

I don't think you are looking in a lot of places for people's method of connecting, because surveys, charts, polls and other things show that most of the population uses dial-up. It's naive to think otherwise.

My friend on 28.8 yet plays Black Thorn (2001), Rogue Spear (which is old yeah), and some other newer games with no problem - well lag by the motherload yeah.  ;)

well the beta sign ups required 300+ spd connection and they had 25 000 people sign up for it so I know that the users and the intrest is out there.  the Idea of playing an opponent  in RTS with a 28.8 connect is just too damn frigntening to me, I can barely deal with 56.6 connects. I dont necessarly think that 56k should be banned I know they have to make it apealing to 56k users too, however I would like the option to choose my opponents or have servers that only allow 300+ connections. I sure hope they do something like that, if I gotta play 12 yr old bobby on the 28.8 connect with the 386 IBM puter I'm gonna be pissed and will drop the game back at the store if there are any problems.

What kind of arrogance is this?

You maybe have cable/dsl, but alot of them have not. And then they don't have the right to play?

I really didn't thought there were such people like you, but too bad, there are...