A reason ?

zamboe

How about crimes against humanity, enslavement, murder, famine, support of terrorism, violation of internation law...

i'd like to add the freeing of slaves.

that is reason alone in itself. But here is a better checklist, i believe is more accurate.

CHECKLIST FOR ANTI-WAR PROTESTERS

checklist.jpg

Aside from the moral reasons to go to war, as emprworm has repeatedly posted, we have another very good one, and it pretty much sums up why I support it. The fact is that at the end of the Gulf war, Saddam pleaded for us to stop. He agreed to our demands to keep us from overthrowing him. He has broken his agreement. This is not a preemptive war as many people, even people in my government have stated. Rather, this is a continuation of the Gulf war, which was paused based on Saddam's agreement. He broke that agreement, therefore we resume.

So I think, several reasons have been demonstrated, and your cartoon is bogus.

If we allow Saddam to get away with it, it destroys the credibility of the U.N. to all those other would be nuclear and terrorist nations. In order to have any power in the world, the U.N. must be willing to enforce it's resolutions.

Miles, that is a good reason and IMO the only right reason to invade Iraq is if Sadam poses a threat to other countries, at this point in time.

Until that is the case, I think we should go on with what we're doing now. Keep gathering intelligence, and force Sadam to allow surveilance planes to make continuous inspections of every Iraqi facility.

And if you're going to say that Sadam has, behind our back, missiles ready to use, don't you think he's going to use them if we invade?

Miles, that is a good reason and IMO the only right reason to invade Iraq is if Sadam poses a threat to other countries, at this point in time.

Until that is the case, I think we should go on with what we're doing now. Keep gathering intelligence, and force Sadam to allow surveilance planes to make continuous inspections of every Iraqi facility.

And if you're going to say that Sadam has, behind our back, missiles ready to use, don't you think he's going to use them if we invade?

Examples like the drones with GPS (surely you heard of them), possible terrorist ties (which, I admit may not have existed before this push for war), nuclear capability, chemical and biological readiness in the form of weapons within the country, and Iraqi terrorist groups ready to disperse throughout the world, etc... only increases in likelyhood with time.

Let me ask you this. Who's soldiers are going to die because we waited so long? The French? Russians? Germans? I think not, so they have nothing to lose from wasting time. And everything to gain, as a peaceful solution ensures them lucrative oil deals with Saddam. We know he has them, we know he has the will to use them. We have given him 12 years.

"the only reason to invade Iraq is if Saddam poses a threat to other countries at this point in time"--Earthnuker

People said the same about Hitler. Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive. Look at what Saddam has done for the last 12 years in pushing the UN around. It sends a bad message out to the world if the UN will not stand by it's resolutions. Hell, just look how bold North Korea has become.

The bottom line--he broke our peace agreement, therefore we are no longer at peace. That is the only reason you need.

The reason why I support the war is because I have kept myself up to date as much as possible as to what happened before, during, and after Operation Desert Storm. Signing that cease-fire was a big mistake. Saddam was crippled, but he regained his power and money because of the cease-fire and this is basically our fault right now. Now we must fix what we didn't do before.

We don't know many things. But we have to believe they are true, if we want to make something. Maybe even in God's view are tyranny or anarchy in seeking violence best way to rule...but we believe democracy and order is better.

You're right Timen, maybe murdering millions of your own innocent civilians is good. :P

Right, and not allow the US hating peace mongers to sway us from doing the right thing.

I agree with the values and core principles of democracy and freedom.

But in this case for Miles, when he says "doing the right thing" that actually means : Impossing by force, against your will, the changes we want to happen.