France's History of Military Failure

The people of Gibraltar want to stay British and it is also an important naval base. Also I don't think Spain would have a chance in hell of getting it by invasion - one SAS division could take out the whole Spanish army

'

a fabulous example of why making a demand without power is nothing more than used toilet paper. it means nothing. absolutely nothing

The people of Gibraltar want to stay British and it is also an important naval base. Also I don't think Spain would have a chance in hell of getting it by invasion - one SAS division could take out the whole Spanish army

And then you wake up, but one thing is true, people of gibraltar want to stay british, and that is the reason it is british, do you think that if the people of gibraltar wants be spanish, the spanish goverment wouldnt help them? And you really think that one division could resist the spanish army, navy and air force? Be serious.

'

a fabulous example of why making a demand without power is nothing more than used toilet paper. it means nothing. absolutely nothing

a fabulous example of why making a demand without bloodthirst is better for everybody

The most useless army of the world can take and keep a 2 km rock.

So why did you say this

What you said about Spain not really supporting the War on Terrorsim is surprising as you have terrorism by the ETA - just as we have the IRA - so I thought it would be beneficial to help the War on Terrorism ???

The War on Terror? One quote sums it up:

"Oceania's war with Eastasia is going well."

- George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

The War on Terror is a neverending war against an invisible enemy. Absolutely perfect as an excuse to take away human rights and freedoms. It is a ghost war. You can't win, and you can't lose. Perpetual conflict, to keep the people in perpetual fear...

EXACTLY the thing Hitler planned to do after he would have won WW2: Allow some Russian guerrilas to survive so he can wage a neverending ghost war against them and keep the population in fear.

The War on Terror is a neverending war against an invisible enemy. Absolutely perfect as an excuse to take away human rights and freedoms. It is a ghost war. You can't win, and you can't lose. Perpetual conflict, to keep the people in perpetual fear...

Right.

About Terrorism against US.

* Terrorism have always existed.

* Terrorism will always exists as long as the US exists.

The war on terror is just a free ticket to do whatever they want to whoever they want.

ok I'll try to clearify:

if I don't comply to what the US tells me, because I find it rushy and not really think it has been though through. I'd be marked as a coward, traitor and enemy.

no you wont. the US asks people to do things all the time...they say no. the US demands things only rarely. and if you don't comply with a US demand, then you risk war. Same goes with any country making a demand.

Did you know that China made a demand that Tibet is property of China? They demanded it. and what happened? YOu tell me.

what if China demanded that the Netherlands was property of China? Please answer that hypothetical.

ok so mr. Rumsfeld bashing of Germany is again an act of friendship?

If France is removed as a permanent member on the security council they don't have to be replaced. Maybe Russia, China, the US, and the UK are the only countries powerful enough to deserve a permanent seat.

I can see where that's coming from, exept the UK. The UK has nuclear weapons, true, they have a fleet, true, a good airforce, true...but France has all of those things too. If France shouldn't be on the security council permanently, then the UK shouldn't either.

IMO, there should be no permanent members, but if we didn't then China and the US wouldn't want to participate. Wonder why that is. lol

Funny thing is, this discussion would never exist if France would comply to the US government demand/request/whatever. It's because France takes another approach that this discussion exists. I think this is exactly the point why so many people are sceptical against the US government.

[c][c][c]

IMO, there should be no permanent members, but if we didn't then China and the US wouldn't want to participate. Wonder why that is. lol

because the USA will not allow a weak country like Leichstenstein to tell it what to do with its military. The US is not going to spill blood for a weak country who tries to dictate how it should function. If Liechtenstein wants to make military & peace-keeping decisions (as is the function of the security council), then it will have to have have the power to back it. If you want to be a big dog, you gotta have the big teeth. I'm surprised that an evolutionist would question that philosophy. But aside from that, if the US is booted out of the security council...then great! Like I would care. The US would still do things like topple the Taliban. We just wont ask permission next time. But that is something liechtenstein could never do. (hence reason why liechtenstein should never be in security council! :) )