France's History of Military Failure

ahhh well in my eyes that's again the words of a dictator.

I couldn't care less of the US's power I find it's president incompetent and mr. Rumsfeld a war hungering maniac and I will not be dictated.

you call it a dictator fine, but how can you? The United States, right here....right now...has the power and ability to tell The Netherlands what to do. The United States could utterly conquer and defeat The Netherlands. So why doesn't it? Why doesn't the United States just go over there to France and carve them off the planet?

They have other ways than using swords. Take Germany (I know it's not france and then off topic) They don't want to participate in a war against Iraq, then the US starts threatening with economical sanctions. They same thing I'm affraid would happen to Denmark if we had said no.

They have other ways than using swords. Take Germany (I know it's not france and then off topic) They don't want to participate in a war against Iraq, then the US starts threatening with economical sanctions. They same thing I'm affraid would happen to Denmark if we had said no.

that is not dictatorial. there is already a nationwide boycott in the US against French products. A boycott I support. Many restaraunts are renaming "french fries" to "freedom fries". LOL. I love that. Germany does not have an inherent "right" to trade with us. Nor do we have a right to trade with them. If germany wants to sever our relationship, that is their choice. If france wants to bash the US, then why should we buy anything from them? We shouldn't. And we wont. At least I wont.

This is not dictatorship! LOL! This is the exact oppositte. Its free-enterprise. It's me having a choice to buy French or not buy French. I choose to not buy French.

If France is removed as a permanent member on the security council they don't have to be replaced. Maybe Russia, China, the US, and the UK are the only countries powerful enough to deserve a permanent seat.

I can see where that's coming from, exept the UK. The UK has nuclear weapons, true, they have a fleet, true, a good airforce, true...but France has all of those things too. If France shouldn't be on the security council permanently, then the UK shouldn't either.

IMO, there should be no permanent members, but if we didn't then China and the US wouldn't want to participate. Wonder why that is. lol

The UK has a better Army better Airforce and better Navy plus it has a spine

French ground forces aren't that bad. The french LeClerc is generally considered one of the best tanks in the world, and they have a big army, even if it's not up to the quality of the English army.

But even if the UK has good troops, it doesn't begin to compare to the US or China.

Anyway, Korea has an exellent army, it doesn't make them a superpower. Nuclear potential does.

Why doesn't the United States just go over there to France and carve them off the planet?

Because they would nuke your sorry ass to hell, that's why...

Of course, you'd retaliate and kill them as well... but what good will it do you if you're dead? (along with the entire world when the nuclear winter comes, I might add.)

so was others Dunenewt, I agree GB has some good soldiers they see lots of action.

Of course they do, with their Prime Minister being a war-mongering maniac and all...

Why doesn't the United States just go over there to France and carve them off the planet?

Because they would nuke your sorry ass to hell, that's why...

Unlikely with the Missile defences

rofl! It's kind of nice when ppl quote Edric every now and then I can read what I was missing out on. LOL. France will what again? He actually thinks the US would fear France? NOw that is the biggest joke I have seen on this forum. France... one of the most impotent military force that has historically existed on this earth....will nuke the US to hell? LOL

they wouldn't get one missle in the air b4 the whole country became a tiny rock island floating in the Pacific

France fries turning into Freedom fries, how lame! It's an opinion, and if france does not agree on this with the USA we'll just FORCE them. How did we call that again? BLACKMAIL? yes blackmail. And yes UK may have some good troops, but France too has a decent force, they have some good technological weapons, and a nuclear arsenal.

France fries turning into Freedom fries, how lame! It's an opinion, and if france does not agree on this with the USA we'll just FORCE them. How did we call that again? BLACKMAIL? yes blackmail. And yes UK may have some good troops, but France too has a decent force, they have some good technological weapons, and a nuclear arsenal.

we wont force france into anything. surely you aren't advocating forcing me to buy french products are you? Are you thinking we should force US restaraunts not to call them freedom fries? Who is doing the forcing here?