Site Updates

Gobalopper

I've made a couple changes to the member map which require you to place your pin again. I've now added scalable maps so some maps are zoomed in, like North-West Europe, and some are zoomed out, like the World map.

Oh and any new bugs you may find please let me know.

No bugs found, yet...

Can there be a members list, like the one we used to have?

If you hold your mouse over a member's name right now, it shows the member ID, and not the account name anymore.

The "Always stayed logged on" checkbox is default checked off in the login page, can that be turned on default?

Also for the memberlist can you make it ordered by membernumber?

This way I can actually find the new members. (otherwise impossible)

I also see the member map fixed our location in profile so it doesn't say all those numbers and lines and location from the previous messageboard. (autofixed)

For some reason you cannot quote a quote?

When you do it the original quote in the other post dissapears and you are left with just quoting the person post and not the quote within it.

(well that is confusing but you get the idea.)

Also if you go to the U.S. membermap it says there is 6 people, but 2 are from Canada.

Maybe you should also add some more info to the site history page?

http://www.dune2k.com/?page=siteinfo-history

Also noticed PPD page is gone. lucky buggers ;)

When will December's stats be posted on the FED2k Server Logs page?

Well it's been almost 24 hours since my last post.

So I figure I'll post again to get people to read it and not miss it if they already read my other post.

(I actually edited my other post a bit lately so read it)

Who won December for Fed2k emperor Ladder? (not posted in hall of fame)

Also seems that nema is still on the mailing list, but ken is not.

i don't think anyone won for december...wol was down for so long that no one really had a chance to use the ladder...what i think would be the best thing to do is have a december/january winner...just one for both months...becuz, if you noticed, the ladder was not reset at the end of december... :)

As for the flags, can't it be changed to look at the pins placed on the member map, instead of the IP address with who's online ? As soon as I'm at work, my flag in who's online shows up as American. Yet, when you look at the member map, it clearly states Dutch.

Besides that, the flag via IP doesn't reflect the reality, wo why use it ?

The forum is loading much faster now,maybe the map issue was causing a glitch ?

No, some queries have been improved which has probably helped in that area. Member map doesn't have any big queries that would slow things down.

Can there be a members list, like the one we used to have?

If you hold your mouse over a member's name right now, it shows the member ID, and not the account name anymore.

The "Always stayed logged on" checkbox is default checked off in the login page, can that be turned on default?

I'm not sure what you mean a members list like we used to have? There are a few things missing like ordering by registered date but thats about it.

It shows that because its faster to find the user if you have a number instead of a name. I might change it so the title tag shows their login name.

If its on then you won't be logging in very often will you?

Also for the memberlist can you make it ordered by membernumber?

This way I can actually find the new members. (otherwise impossible)

I also see the member map fixed our location in profile so it doesn't say all those numbers and lines and location from the previous messageboard. (autofixed)

Eventually yes.

No I fixed that manually.

For some reason you cannot quote a quote?

When you do it the original quote in the other post dissapears and you are left with just quoting the person post and not the quote within it.

(well that is confusing but you get the idea.)

Also if you go to the U.S. membermap it says there is 6 people, but 2 are from Canada.

Maybe you should also add some more info to the site history page?

http://www.dune2k.com/?page=siteinfo-history

Also noticed PPD page is gone. lucky buggers ;)

When will December's stats be posted on the FED2k Server Logs page?

This is done on purpose so you don't get people who start to pyramid quote.

It says that because there are that many people on that particular map, country has nothing to do with it.

Stats are posted whenever I get the time.

Well it's been almost 24 hours since my last post.

So I figure I'll post again to get people to read it and not miss it if they already read my other post.

(I actually edited my other post a bit lately so read it)

Who won December for Fed2k emperor Ladder? (not posted in hall of fame)

Also seems that nema is still on the mailing list, but ken is not.

No one won, there was only two or three games played so it was just carried over.

Nema is on because he still has a @dune2k.com email address.

When the site is updated to MYSQL,will the recent posts button work again ? I miss it. :-

We already have MySQL, it would just be an update to the latest version. Recent posts will work again as long as it doesn't slow down the rest of the site.

As for the flags, can't it be changed to look at the pins placed on the member map, instead of the IP address with who's online ? As soon as I'm at work, my flag in who's online shows up as American. Yet, when you look at the member map, it clearly states Dutch.

Besides that, the flag via IP doesn't reflect the reality, wo why use it ?

Well Who's Online is more a look at where people are at the time of the visit. So if I was visiting another country it would show up as wherever that country is. The IP problem might be fixed in a later update of the ip-to-country database though.

I'm not sure what you mean a members list like we used to have? There are a few things missing like ordering by registered date but thats about it.

It shows that because its faster to find the user if you have a number instead of a name. I might change it so the title tag shows their login name.

If its on then you won't be logging in very often will you?

Sorry, my mistake, I found it now...

Maybe you can display both, something like this u=690,timenn ?

Well, I log out sometimes, and once I forgot to put the option on when logging in, and started a long post, hit preview, and walked away for more then an hour, and when I came back and hit "post" my post was lost, because it had logged me out in the time I was away (luckily I was using Mozilla, so I could get it back, so still a happy end :))