Site Updates

Gobalopper

in your posts? maybe you should restart computer(or just the web browser) and see if you still have the problem. i hope that doesnt happen to others also.

i just noticed that bashar was writing a long reply in dune risk and then he went offline...that might have happened to him to. and i was so anxious to hear what he had to say :'(

http://www.download.com

download.com

what browser you using?

test

yah it was meant more of a joke, but it would possibly solve the problem, and your computer would run faster. ;D

by the way does anyone know how to format a new computer with winxp on it? I dont think I have a winxp install cd, because one didnt come with computer(im pretty sure they dont)

your right about the right click on c:/

and no a cd didnt come with my new computer and it didnt come with my friends new computer eithor, we both have HP. it did come with a cd for encarta online, microsoft money and mic works 6.0

does this mean that i have to buy winxp in order to format?(without going to some guy to pay to format?)

maybe it doesnt delete any windows components?

Huh the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine when he Bought an HP with XP exactly the same deal he got encarta online, microsoft money and mic works 6.0. But when he got the Klez worm and called out the repair guys they gave him an XP disk so maybe the same would work for you.

I believe that new computers that have bundled software on them usually have a recovery CD that is supposed to get your system back to the original production state. If not you should be able to contact the vendor, HP in this case, and get a recovery CD sent to you. I am assuming your system is still under warranty. What is the model of your HP computer?

Go to this link:

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=pvpc&LC=personal_computing&Tfile=bph07145&Smplr=Y

Apparently they have a way to recover your original system without a disk. Here is a snippet from the link:

HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft® Windows XP do not come with recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery information. The use of a hidden partition provides a convenient process that eliminates the need to use system recovery discs that may be lost or scratched. Recovery discs for Windows XP are available from HP for a minimal cost. Go to the section "Related support" for ordering information.