What is the best house to play as and why?

Muad dib

How can a Deva get near them if there are Mongooses around( or just an air drone?)

I still continue to say that a very balanced Atreides force is unbeatable, due to the deadly combination:

Range+Firepower. Perhaps only the even more overpowered Fedakins can scratch such force. Sards gets annhilated by snipers and mino's crossfire.

Plus they can repair their veihcles, and even send their veterans to the barracks. TOO many advantages I say. And Im really sorry, because I love Emperor.

In that case use lots of inkivines with some cover from saws and inf.U ll be suprised how powerfull inkivines are after u real to use them.

You are right about it, Atreides cannot match the Inkvine range+speed, but to get a decent damage output you mast MASS them. And I dont want to mass invines in every game aganist atreides.Thats ridicolous.

Bravo, thats not much, (my little 6 years ol bro knew it 2 :P)but its better then notin.

Keep playing till u learn how to use the units effective. Its alll about how U use the units, cuz if u use ur units well u can take out 5 saws with 5 bikes, while saws are stronger then bikes, u just have to use them the right way, this needs practise.So keep practesing

Well I dont mass Inkvines, but I can cause some unrest to a human player there with them. Normally in a Mino hoard there will be Mino's, Kindjals, and AirDrones, these are the 3 main units I see on Atr base defence.

Now I get 3 Missle Tanks, 1 Inkvine, And about 2-3 Devastators. First I Inkvine their Kindjals and stress my opponent up because then he will either have to undeploy and move them or lose them. Then for the AirDrones, I use my Missles' long range for these and they are done for, the last thing to do is to drop Dev's right behind the mino wall, and pick 3 of them up in the air as soon as possible, then rush in my Missle Tanks too, since the Dev's will be soaking up all the damage. Normally it works :)

What I wanted to say on my other post is that every single unit in the game has a counter unit able to destroy it with relative ease. And people shouldnt stick to old ways and attacks if they do not work against a better defence, the best strategy is the one that best counters your opponent, that means its dynamic. Move with your opponent to destroy him, play with their minds, when he's occupied with your attacking forces, have a little Fedaykin force with Infiltrators that will *maybe* succeed in infiltrating his/her base and causing some more havoc, even if the surprise attack failed, it will also stress your opponent, making the victory that much easier to accomplish.

I said "Missle Tanks, Dev's, and Inkvines" that easily just to show that everything has a counter, sure, you can always reply with "Sard elites will rip you out and my Feds will destry your tanks", and this arguement can go on and on to every single unit in the game, everything can be defeated, you can always focus the picture on a specific thing and have another person to zoom out of that thing and claim that he can destroy it with a counter, sure you can, I can also, but the picture was zoomed at 1 situation, thats what I said when I posted. If you want to take in all factors in the game you can always say that your opponent is using every unit he can train, and each and every post you make about countering the units put in the other person's former one, he can do the same thing about countering your counters ;)

• 3 weeks later...

;D Lol.... what a stupid question guys... all houses are good ... offcourse u will handle one house better than the others... i recommend ordos and hark....(actually im good with both of em except atreides.. i sux with em) but atreides isnt bad... they are good... specially when they got their big army... Ordos are good rushers... but they are weak in armor, thats why u cant let an ordos army fight alone.. i mean u have to watch em all the time... hark are slow, their armor are more heavier and all their units can stay alive for a long time.... atreides cheap units arent very good if u put em to fight against the other houses but if u mix all atr units (e.g. mino,sandbikes,light infantry,subhouses etc etc) together and put em to fight they are almost invencible... atr advantage are the airdrones... they blow down all ur carryalls and u can say good bye to ur cash .. except if u got some aa troops and lots of harvs.... so guys practice alot ... doesnt matter if u lose or wathever u will see that in someday ull crush the one that defeated u ... 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Well  when i gauge what house is the best.....

to me it is who is the most powerful in the late game.... as most competent players can stop a rush easily.... it now comes down to  what house can win the 1 hour - 2 hour games.... and that is ATREIDES hands down.... atriedes rules the skies with drones that make the ordos EIS and hark gunships NULL and VOID

... and mass minos are unstoppable with the proper support forces such as elites and feds... also the hark devastator may be more powerful than the mino......BUT the mino has all-purpose fire.. meaning it kills vehicles and infantry all the same... while the dev is gimped vs infantry.

Also... i have noticed that if my partner dies early in a game.. i am sometimes able to kill off the other two people with atreides... while i am not able to do teh same with hark or ordos.

and atriedes gun turrets are kick ass.....

I only play as house ATR, that's probably why I lose quite often in multiplayer games.

Like you say though with everything of ATReides up, they are unbeatable !

Also without Sard Elites Minos's are quite vunerable like you say, the secret is to have Sard Elites and fremen warriors and Feyds to back em up.

I only play as house ATR, that's probably why I lose quite often in multiplayer games.

Like you say though with everything of ATReides up, they are unbeatable !

Also without Sard Elites Minos's are quite vunerable like you say, the secret is to have Sard Elites and fremen warriors and Feyds to back em up.

yes atomic.... atr is a difficult house to learn... definately should not be the house that a new person chooses.

A new person should choose hark.  This is because hark is so good at rushing and has tough armored units that are fast and have lots of firepower... and not much micro-management is need for hark... because the units are designed to charge forward and not much else.

hmmm i dont agree with that

good at rushing? with what? ligth inf,trtoopers,buzz, assaults? easyly countered with inf and bikes, what u should make vs hark.

They are fast? atr inf and bikes are faster... ok missile assault and ink are faster .

and even if they are designed for charge forward u need the best micro to kill an atr, especially if atr has minos elites feds and kindjal. If an atreides player playes defensively, u need much micro imo.

brenn....... remember sandy pass?