And God commandeth, "Kill your mother."

Sure, God pulls this kinda crap all the time, doesn't he? Telling people to kill others close to them, and then stopping them right when they are about to do it.

Abraham was going to kill his son Jacob as a sacrifice. But an angel stoped him. it was a test of faith. and God had promised him that he would have lots of Children. even though he was an old man.

but God tells us clearly not to kill anyone. inless its self defence. It could not be from God <talking about today> if i was told to kill someone in some strange way.

I find it amazing that a lot of people cannot understand what I posted in the very first post of this thread. I find it amazing that they are so stubborn as to not comply with the question, and answer, but rather they post why they shouldn't answer it.

something is fishy. I have a feeling this is going to be a fizzle of an idea.lol

It is kinda pointless to make people who dont want to believe understand doctern. This whole argument is somewhat pointless. It started out with open ignorance to wanting to understand the attributes of God. Also question in the beginning was loaded, even if it was "hypothetical". I shouldnt have even posted, but my emotions got the best of me. oh well. :)

jeez, why are you having such a horrific time with this? it's a simple yes or no answer. if you don't think you should answer it then just don't say anything. you don't HAVE to respond. it's not like someone's going to come to your house and kill you b/c you said yes or you are going to hell b/c you said no. it's HYPOTHETICAL. nothing is going to happen. if it bothers you so much just modify your post and forget you said anything.

Whether it's intentional or not, Acriku has unrouted the level of hypocrisy among some of you. I don't believe a single monotheist has actually answered a "yes" without any strings attached.

I forget what thread it was in but many of you said you would die for God in a second and that anyone who didn't is a hypocrit. Well, I say the same about this.

Like it or not, Acriku has just proven that your faith has strings attached to it, maybe except for TMA. Most have dodged the question in a very expected fashion or answered with a complex network of strings attached.

All of you know what my answer would be...

EDIT : BTW guys I'm not saying your waviering faith is a bad thing. In fact, I think it's fantastic. It shows that, for many of you, your love for your mother is stronger than your faith in god. Good for you. :)

Using your mother was an effective example, because it should shake the very grounds of faith. It is very hard to go against your mother and to kill her in cold blood, if at all possible, which is why I chose it, to see the limits of faith effectively.

damn straight flameweaver. unless it's to save humanity or at the very least a large group of people i would never kill an innocent person in cold blood. i could never bring myself to do it. however, if it WERE to save a large number of people then like someone has already said, i'm sure they'd understand it was a lesser of two evils. b/c if you didn't then in a sense you'd be killing humanity. :-

Alright, I think I need to clarify my position. As I have said before, I place all things in a heirarchy of importance:

1. God

2. Mankind

3. Family and friends, etc.

God is above all. If He ordered me anything, my philosophy of life tells me that I should obey. So the answer to Acriku's original question would be a simple Yes, with no strings attached whatsoever.

However... I could never do it. I would probably break down and go insane. So the whole question is irrelevant.