And God commandeth, "Kill your mother."

Dj it may have been a test, but Abraham didn't think it was, he thought it was for real. God deceived him into thinking it was real, to the point where he was ready to sacrifice his own kid, then he sent a fairy to stop him.

lol he sent a messanger, a race of beings we dont know much about to stop abraham. It was a test of faith. I think I would know the laws a bit better man. I mean I study the word every day. lol

Rogue, you say that how you were raised is the best way. You say that because of your culture. If you were raised in ancient israel, you wouldnt even be talking the same way you are now. Liberal parents generally make liberal kids.

Notice I said generally. Not always. so dont be dorky and use that against me.lol

well isnt that the point of giving out those types of test to see if someone really would go thru with it... God didnt deceive him into anything... he just said sacrifice your son, Abe pulled out the knife and God said stop your faith is enuff. Its not like he siad if you dont kill your son I will reign down a hord of plagues upon you and decieved him into doing it. He just said do it.... and after Abe made the choice to take his son as a Lamb to the altar The Angel (not fairy this isnt Peter Pan here) came to stop him.

lets say your real life is like that game vice city and the big mafia boss says hey to knock off the mini-boss of another mafia. Did he decieve you into doing it? no he just told you to. So you drive over there to wack the guy and your cell rings its the Big Don. You answer and he says "hey nice to see you'd do that for me cancel the hit... come on back." If that was deception too then all test must be deceptive no matter what they are but that just doesnt make any sense... are all test deceptive?

Guys you don't seem to understand. God told Abraham to kill his son. First off you said he couldn't do this, even if it was a test. Then you say he could say it, if it was a test. I don't think that analogy holds because after all, God is perfect, mob bosses aren't. Now for God sakes get back ontopic.

I dont remember saying any of that Acriku so I'm kinda lost.. maybe your talking about someone else. I have been taught God can do what he wills... He's God, it's his will not ours. If He wills to test us He will. He tested many ppl., even his son, he had Satan tempt Jesus. Thats not deception its a test, and it's Gods will so who are we to say you cant test someone, its all a lie.

I didnt say that either... *everyone looks at sneezer* ;D j/k

You said God wouldn't ask you to kill someone, but he asked Abraham, so what's the basis of your claim?

I think it was me. anyway.

I was reffering to today. God would not ask anyone to kill anyone Today.

And how do you know this? Do you suddenly know his plan, his will?

God is a God of Justice. He would not have someone killed without a really good reason<Faith test? C'mon he din't die. and there was quit a good reason to send Jesus to die on the cross>

Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne... - Psa 89:14

God tells us NOT to kill anyone or we will be judged.

Matthew 5:21 "

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of judgement:

"

And yes. i do know his will. To seek and to save that which was lost. I do not know his full plan for my life. nor does anyone know his full plan for theres.

Oh yeah. and if God would tell you to kill your mother. don't you think it would be in the bible? No where in there does it say anything like "And God commandeth kill your mother"

I go stright by what he says.

Not everything can be stuffed in the bible sneezer ::)

And a being so complex as God, that cannot be his will. That may be his journey, albeit a journey started when he made man, but what is his will? Do you know what he would and would not do?

And as Emprworm says, God can do whatever he wants to. He is omnipotent. He tells you not to kill, but if he commanded you to kill surely he would have enough sense not to judge you by this, unless it was a test.

Not everything can be stuffed in the bible sneezer ::)

You might be suprised if you read it once in a while.

And a being so complex as God, that cannot be his will. That may be his journey, albeit a journey started when he made man, but what is his will? Do you know what he would and would not do?

Not totelly, but i can get a preety good idea by understanding the mind of God. if you know what i mean, and his reasoning.

And no, He is of Justice. When you die you will be judged fairly. and get what you deserve accordingly. The only execption is with Jesus gift on the cross. and the book of life....

And as Emprworm says, God can do whatever he wants to. He is omnipotent. He tells you not to kill, but if he commanded you to kill surely he would have enough sense not to judge you by this, unless it was a test.

Like i have been saying God would not tell you to kill anyone TODAY. he there was some kind of a link of what God says to do to go by the feeling. the it would be in the bible. so show me where it says to kill your mother.

oh. and i might not be able to get to reply soon. Gotta go to church here soon- its Wednsday. so its a maybe