And God commandeth, "Kill your mother."

But remember this is hypothetical Gob. And does God give you a good reason to not break his commandments? Not including hell, because if you break God's command to kill somebody it's bye-bye for you as well. And yet you follow his word because you truly believe he said that, just as you "hypothetically" believe he is commanding you to kill someone. Would he make you do it? I wouldn't think so, but this is hypothetical :)

C'mon Gob, this was suppose to be hypothetical, as I quoted in the first post

If God told me to kill somebody, would I do it?

Now, this question requires a few disclaimers. First, no copping out and claiming that the God you believe in would never ask such a thing of you - this is hypothetical. Second, the person to be killed does, in fact, want to live: s/he did not request this, this is not euthanasia; nor does s/he deserve it for crimes committed. This is cold-blooded murder, with no mitigating circumstances or hidden aspects that will make it all right in the end.

So, would you do it?

I believe I answered that.

"If he didn't give me a good reason and it goes against what is written then no I wouldn't do it because I knew it wasn't God telling me this."

If you are going to use those statements as the basis for the question the answer is no. It goes against my beliefs to just kill someone for no reason and because of that I wouldn't do it because I know if it truly was God asking he would have a reason more then just "cold-blooded murder".

remember that before any sane person would obey this command, God would have emprically made himself known in objective, physical reality- we are NOT talking about some voice in one's head, or an emotional "burning in the bosom" we are talking about me and my buddy talking, then God appearing and my buddy screaming "WHAT? OOOOOO LOOOK.....MY LORD, MY GOD!" as he bows to the ground shaking in his boots and crapping his pants while I am on my face repenting of all my sins in abject fear.

This is what we are talking about Acriku. Not some little voice in my head. lol

And yes, I would obey his commands.

I could say there is a species of crocodile (or is it alligator? probably crocodile) that gallops, by putting hind legs forward and front legs back and away he goes. We'd be learning something together now wouldn't we? ;) I'm not saying no one will now about what I am getting towards, but I am willing to bet not a lot do.

The fresh water crocodile eats crusteaceans , insects, spiders and fish. It will also take frogs, lizards, goannas, snakes, birds, rats and bats.

how can a crocodile eat a bat? a bird i can understand but a bat? don't they usually stay in trees?