House Feud

Inoculator9

The numerous fleet of Baron Harkonnen has just arrived at the orbit of House Ginaz, joining the Sardaukar fleet of the Emperor. Soon the Moritani fleet will join them also. The war on Tleilaxu will soo begin. This war will be hard, for when you battle the Masters of Genetics, expect the unexpected.

The time has come. The time to rid the world of those dirty little gnome men.

To my friend and ally Earl Vernius:

It isnt an argument of who I should and should not follow. The emperor has proclaimed these ten houses as enemies of the empire. I wrote to our noble emperor before that for a time there wo uld be a cease fire till the war was ended and that Kanly will be established once again. We follow one emperor and not our own desires. Till this war is over I have no choice but to follow the orders of our noble emperor. Once he has made a formal decliration of peace among these ten houses, then I will cut all ties with the Baron and his filthy ways.

To a friend and companion in arms: Duke Atreides

To Duke Atreides:

I send you my condolences for the attack on your homeworld by House Hagal and House Ecaz. I feel like our feud has lasted for too long. It is not wise to continue fighting even after the originators of this feud are dead.

Please accept my offer of ending this bloodfeud between our noble Houses.

Baron Harkonnen

To the Baron of Geidi prime and its daughter planets:

I question your sincerity and cannot trust you. You speak of peace but rape and plunder your own people. You proclaim the power of the House of Harkonnen but your people in the entire histories have never redeemed yourselves. Until you prove your righteousnesss and make reperations for your attacks on my people, Vendeta will be kept.

May the Creator give you wisdom: Duke Atreides

To Duke Atreides of Caladan:

It saddens me to hear my sincere offer of peace and friendship declined and my words twisted, but I bear no evil towards you or any of your people. I have chosen the path of righteousness and I shall go wherever it takes me. I was just hoping that our paths will cross as allies, not as enemies.

Filled with good and righteous feelings,

Baron Harkonnen

OOC - man I love writing this stuff. It's so hypocritical ;D

To the Baron Harkonnen;

[hide] It was to ensure that you would not have to lose wealth that I made the offer. We both know that for House Harkonnen to submit to demands is intolerable, but if you are only appearing to give in... You would lose no funds, Baron, and we may gain the friendship of the Richesians. The reason I ask that we attempt an alliance with them is because both Ix and Tleilaxu are unfriendly towards us at the moment, we should consider our options carefully. Richese may have inferior technology to Ix, but it will suffice until we can take Ix for ourselves. I am at a crossraods, do I send the solaris and thus gain possible support, at the temporary cost of my military; or refuse, and forfeit the technology. The Richesian refugees on Grumman do not have all their culture knows, we need more. Inform me, Baron, and I will follow your order, even if it is the one I feel is the less benifitial choice. Should I reimburse the Richesians, you must disguise part of your fleet in my colours, I have already given word that it is on it's way. If it does not appear to arrive soon, I shall have lost face, power, and trust.

Awaiting your instruction, Viscount Moritani.

Message to all known houses of the Landsraad

From count Ilban Richese

We all know the harkonnens are not to be trusted- you all know it, but you are afraid to speak it out loud. So I will do it. They devastated the Richesian homeworld over an insignificant reason, despite fruitful trade relations in the past. Till present they refuse to pay for their crimes and refund the damage done- the money send to us originates from Moritani, we know that for fact.

The harkonnen are an unreliable and unstable element in our empire. By trusting him you leave yourself vulnerable for their treachery.

We have all heard rumours of the harkonnen massing to attack Ix. And for heavens sake, do not stand like there with your hands in your pockets when it does happen.

End message.

To Count Ilban Richese (Not anyone else!)

[hide]

Your words have had a great impact on the Landsraad. I believe we could now peacefullly co-exist, but not as rivals. As long as you keep to your technology and we will keep to ours

[/hide]

From Earl D'newt of Ix

OOC - the money has not been payed yet!!!

To Ilban Richese:

You wish for me to pay for the attacks, while slandering my good name with such proposterous remarks?!

House Harkonnen has never had any conflict with Ix - we are neither friends nor enemies. We have no plan to attack Ix nor does House Moritani.

Your words insult my very honor and I demand apology from you. No one insults the Baron and gets away with it!

Baron Harkonnen

To Viscount Moritani:

[hide]

We shall not send the money. The Richese have not only demanded reparations, but also insulted my honor and integrity and told the entire Landstraad as if I have a plan to invade Ix. If Ilban does not apologize, he will have to pay, not I.

Baron Harkonnen

Message to Baron Harkonnen

From count Ilban Richese

[hide]Your words are meaningless. They are as sick and perverted as your actions are.

The reparations are not a favor, it is something I demand unconditionally!

If you plan on attacking, I suggest you reconsider. We know your tactics and have more military technology then you are aware of. Stay away.

End message.[/hide]

Message to the earl of Ix

From count Ilban Richese

[hide]I would like nothing more then peaceful coexistance between our people. I am sure the details will form no objection.[/hide]

To Ilban Richese:

[hide]

Have I ever said anything about attacking? Oh, I think not. I am a peaceful and a righteous man and I do not attack the weak. And for the reparations, it is your fault that your planet is contaminated, you should have thought of that before you defied the will of the Emperor!

The things we do come back to haunt us later in our lives. Better think of that before it is too late.

The True and Righteous Baron

To the Great Houses Of The Landsraad:

Is it not only fair to help the poor people of House Richese by giving them back their planet and giving them repartation money as we are all guilty - although some more than others

*Yet another sly glance at the Harks*

We should of stopped the attack and discussed it diplomatically before rushing into war. What crime is Richese guilt of?

From D'Newt, Earl Of Ix

To Earl of Ix:

The crime of treachery and rebellion against the Emperor! And it is the worst crime you can commit. There was no diplomatic discussions, because I was doing the will of the Emperor. And his will is supreme! The penalty for treason is death, if you did not know that, my callow Earl. Do not defend treachery, for it will come back to haunt you.

Baron Harkonnen

Message to all Imperium;

Please led not this unfortunate conflict develop further! Richese does indeed deserve back thier homeworld, House Moritani makes public our opinions on that matter, and we shall assist in whatever way we can.

Message to Baron Harkonnen;

[hide] Must you be so blunt? Not to question you or anything, but quiet diplomacy would perhaps convince others to join us... In any case, the money has not been sent, I hope that you have made the right decision.

Viscount Moritani.

Message to Imperium:

I support Viscount Moritani's position. House Richese does deserve a new planet.

Message to Viscount Moritani:

[hide]

I understand your position, Viscount, but I feel like Richese would not make a strong allie. In any case, sending of the money would be a sign of weakness from my side and I would not want that. I cannot let my enemies walk all over me.

Your loyal friend,

Baron Harkonnen

To Earl of Ix:

I would disagree with that comment. House Harkonnen has grown a lot since the war. We have captured the planets of Ordos, Maros and Ecaz and we are more prosperous than ever. I would not recommend making threats to me, Earl. I am loyal to the Emperor, while your loyalty is quite questionable.

Baron Harkonnen

OOC - btw, Inoculator hasn't posted lately, does anyone know why?