House Feud

Inoculator9

OOC - Yeah, it's not so fun with only 2 people. We need more.

To Padishah Emperor

Thank you, I have received your money. It shall be used to fund Ares.

Baron Harkonnen

T 156 LNK

Arden sat in his chair, having just received a response from the Baron:

"Emperor has funded Ares, so it will be recreated,

SILENCE IS DEAD TO ALL WHO KNOW"

Arden smiled. This new system of codes have proven to be unbreakable. This research center has been secret for centuries, and only now has all the funding of it payed off.

In the center of the spacedrom several prototype ships. They have been working quite well during testing and soon their time shall come, for the silence has been broken.

To Earl of Ix

From the Padishah Emperor of the Known Universe

The Baron Harkonnen has no plots against you, cease these actions. The Harkonnen are acting for the good of the Imperium.

To Baron Harkonnen

My agents have intercepted several phrases being sent to and from Geidi Prime. It is unlikely that you do not know of there nature. Inform of their nature, secretly or otherwise. Funding for the Ares Project will continue but I insist that further information be given.

To the Padishah Emperor

Of course. Those messages are simply instructed commands for the researchers of Ares. They are in that form to hide them from the spies to disguise the location and actions of the research center to prevent an incident as such with the Atreides spy would not happen again.

Baron Harkonnen

OOC - btw, how do you hide?

Good question.

To Baron Harkonnen

Message recieved, and understood. Tomorrow 100,000 additional shares of CHOAM will be transfered to the Harkonnen accounts. Your service to the Empire will be remembered.

T 2434 Caladan, Military base

The Caladan military base was empty except for a few guards and snipers guarding the main unit - the minotaurus manufacturing factory. Everything was quite - not an enemy in sight, but suddenly something incredible happened.

A ship laser beam shot out of the sky and hit the manufacturing factory. It blew up into millions of metal scraps. The astonished guards did not know what to do, there was nothing on the radar, and not even a keen-eyed sniper could see anything flying above.

Next, the nearby standing barracks were blasted. One by one, almost every building was decimated. The desperate guards at the rocket and machine gun turrets went mad, shooting in mid air, hitting their own ornithopters, that were searching for the hitter, by accident.

The attack stopped as unpredictably as it has started. The base was left in ruins.

One prototype ship was missing from the LNK shipyard

To Padishah emperor of Known Universe,

We have received a message from House Atreides incriminatating us in the latest attacks on their homeworld. They have no proof of any animosity of us towards them, on the contrary, we were the ones who cought their agent in our territory.

House Harkonnen did not commit those attacks. It was probably the doing of those treacherous Ixians.

Project Ares is doing quite well. Your funding has really helped move it through.

Baron Harkonnen

I've decided that if anyone wants to strenghten their case with House Corrino, you can IM me any information or anything you don't want to post.

Baron Harkonnen

I have no opinion to offer with regards to the Atreides attacker, but House Atreides does not have an effective spy network. House Corrino would appreciate any information you have on the stolen vessel. I have not asked House Atreides for this information, and would prefer not to.

I have decided to cut funding to Project Ares in half until I have more details (IM me some info).

One of the many satraps under the duke came up with an enterprising idea. Our name is almost spotless. We cannot let it be destroyed. The great houses were told of the incident. The Duke, tired of the emperor's maculations, decided to start an embargo under legal constraints in the empire. The Atreides told that any house that followed suit will have extra attention by us.

To Duke Atreides

I find your recent actions displeasing. I have withdrawn my troops. I have decided to remain neutral in these actions for a time. A declaration of war will soon be issued, I have no doubt of that. The motivations of any parties involved is not yet apparent. I will support the better house. Your business is your own Duke Atreides, my business is everyone.

To Whom it May Concern

War between House Harkonnen and House Atreides has been averted by myself. An assembly formed by ten great houses would oppose me. I ask that House Atreides and House Harkonnen's leaders renew their vows of loyalty to me. I will be fortifying several worlds including Geidi Prime and Caladan.

At this point you guys can write in attacks and pretty much make everything up. Make everything consistent. We are allies, you can write narratives and descriptions of attacks, and battles.

We are fighting the assembly of ten houses. Here is a list:

House Ordos

House Maros

House Theta

House Moritani

House Grumman

House Richese

House Hagal

House Taligari

House Ecaz

House O'Oria

Like I said you can make up battles and attacks, with narratives and descriptions for all of them. Near the end everyone can declare war on each other, but for now I like this style. We are the Empire, they are the Confederation of Houses, or CH. Anyone else can join the empire as any house they want.

To the most honored and revered lord and master of the known universe: Padisha Emperor Corrino.

For the people of the empire I will overlook the treachery that the Harkonnen have committed, albeit for a small time. I sincerely regret, my lord and emperor any mistrust I have caused through my actions. Clearly though with the ordinance I give you, there will be no question of my loyalty towards you.

I offer 3 fully loaded Monitors, 300 Frigates, 120 of which are specially equipped for support and surveillance and the other 180 are for medium attack with full backup, repair and standing crew for each ship. I am also sending a 1/4 of my royal air force, which as you know is composed of 4000 ornithopters with the company of my best pilots. For ground forces I will give you two of my best tactical mentats as well as two of my best military advisors as well as 50 of my best army brigades. I hope that this suffices for your attack on these disdainful houses.

may the will of the all seeing hand and the great mother be on you, your loyal servant: Duke Atreides

To Duke Atreides

Your military support is welcomed. I have deployed 4 legions of my Sardaukar to defend Caladan. Kaitan is the most well defended planet in the empire, your presence here would be welcomed, this offer remains open as long as you like. The Guild is forced to provide transport to the enemy so I propose positioning battle fleets near the points were heighliners drop their cargo. This would allow us to destroy them one by one. I suggest you do this. If nothing else they will have to pay bribe money for better drop points.

Also I intend to have one of your mentats train several of my own. The military mentats of the Atreides are renowned, more so even then my Sardaukar mentats.

To Padishah Emperor of Known Universe

Your enemies are my enemies, Sire. I have already launched a full scaled attack on the Houses of Ordos and Richese, the attack shall begin shortly. I also tested out Ares on the houses of Ecaz and Moritani - two mortal enemies, leaving traces of the opposing house at the places of destruction. They are now distrustful of each other and distrust leads to war.

Baron Harkonnen