House Feud

Inoculator9

To Duke Atreides

My forces are on the way to Caladan. Hold of the strike force for one hour and we will arrive, I am leading the defense personally. Harkonnen and Moritani battle fleets are also on the way. Good luck.

Padishah Emperor of the Known Universe

Mind if I start the Hagal-Ecaz attack? Well here I go:

A huge fleet of ships entered Atreides space. They had the markings of House Hagal and House Ecaz. There were over 1,000 frigates, 10,000 warships and 5,000 transports.

The ships entered the orbit of Caladan and the battle has begun. The Atreides ships fought valiantly to defend their homeworld and prevent an invasion, but they were overwhelmed by the combined might of two Houses. The Caladan planetary defenses fired at the attackers destroying more than a hundred of them at a time.

The military transports tried to land, but most of them were shot down by the Atreides ground units. Still over 500 managed to land and started to unload the Hagal-Ecazian military.

The battle in space was still going on, both sides suffered severe casualties, but it seemed like it was impossible for the smaller, though better trained Atreides spacefleet to win.

On the ground, it seemed like the Atreides had it under control - the hordes of minotaurus tanks overwhelmed the poorly designed enemy units.

In space, the Atreides have begun to lose, most of the frigates and warships have been destroyed and the enemy was still at large.

Then, The immense Harkonnen fleet entered the Caladan space. It was incredible, counting 3,000 frigates, 25,000 warships and 12,000 transports.

It was followed by the Moritani fleet.

OOC - I just started things out. This will be very interesting.

The Imperial battle fleet of more then 20,000 ships entered Caladan orbit, and began the defense along with Harkonnen and Moritani fleets...

The massive ships of House Corrino shot down all the orbiting ships while Harkonnen troops began to land. The battle in space was over, the Sardaukar turned their atention to the surface. Only 200 dropships wre deployed, each one filled with Sardaukar, only 200 because that would be enough.

The ships land around Castle Caladan and secure the perimeter. The Sardaukar defend the capital successfully. But the rest of the planet is in Moritani and Harkonnen hands.

Ok so I'll get things up and running again.

The Imperial Fleet enters orbit of Caladan. The Ecaz and Hagal fleets engage, but it is a futile attempt. The Sardaukar gunners tear them to shreads.

Dropships file down to the planets key positions and set up bases. They defend Cala City and Castle Caladan but they keep coming. The battles will persist but in the end the Sardaukar push back the attackers, and recieve defecters and surrenders.

The troops along with the Sardaukar Battle fleet remain, but a small portion detaches and goes to the Homeworld of House Hagal.

Carrier frigates poured onto the hagal homeworld, unleashing the swarm of Atreides ornithopters. Sardaukar bob and weaved past enemy fire and tore hagal conscripts apart with their short swords. Tactical Orbs zoomed down upon the city capital and onto the Hagal reserves placed behind the front lines. An incredible victory that gave the casualty list twenty to one in favor of the Emperor.

One of the most amazing military feats happened during this battle, and went down in history. the 183rd brigade, right wing of a sardaukar company, were surrounded by thousands of conscripts.The radio was jammed and they are left in the dark with supplies and communication. for two greuling hours they fought. Running low on energy, Bashar Helmsted ordered a strike on the weakest point of the circle of enemies that surrounded them as a last ditch attempt. Suddenly a wing of ornithopters hovered above the enemy from all positions, unleashing las-gun blasts, searing and chopping apart the Hagal rebels. The casualty rate among the sardaukar was two.

For this Bashar Helmsted was awarded the Medal of Courage, and his brigade was given the Medal of Valor. Helmsted was then given the title "Champion of the emperor's flank".

The small battle known as the Battle of the right wing went down in the histories of the empire as one of the greatest military acts in the universal history of battle. A story told from generation to generation. The emperor himself was honored as a military emperor, one that deserved utmost respect.

Baron Harkonnen himself supervised the destruction of House Ecaz. First, the newly updated versions of Ares ships, armed with biological, chemical, nuclear weapons and lasers took out the planetary space defenses. Then, gas Viron was sprayed into the military bases of the planet and the palace of the Archduke. After that, the Harkonnen military landed on the surface of the planet and picked off the few sirvivors, since most of the military died in the unsuccessful attack upon Caladan.

With House Ecaz destroyed and put under Harkonnen control, the only remaining enemy of the Emperor were the Tleilaxu.

To All Loyal Servants of the Empire

The Bene Tleilaxu have become gradually more powerful in recent times. They will be a difficult foe to combat. There forces are many, and their planets strong. But a force of my Sardaukar will arrive at Ginaz, I will await the arrival of forces from every loyal house. I await your ships and your service.

Graciously, The Padishah Emperor of the Known

Universe

The Baron called in a meeting. The governing of the many of the newly acquired planets has become tedious and he decided to assign governors to each planet.

To Draconis 4 - Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen

To Maros - Rabban Harkonnen

And to Ecaz - Abulurd Harkonnen

Piter De Vries has become the official Harkonnen general

Each one has been given an agenda. House Harkonnen must grow and prosper.

The Harkonnen forces set out for Ginaz. The Baron spared a third of his ships - 10,000 warships and 5,000 transports. This will be more than enough to defeat the Tleilaxu.

Message to Emperor Corrino:

Shall we give Tleilaxu a chance to join us?

Baron Harkonnen

Message to the Padishah emperor, ruler of the known universe

From count Ilban Richese, ruler of house Richese

My lord, I gladly accept your offer of amnesty. I would however request, that I be given another planet for my people to resettle on, and I believe we have the right for a substantial sum of money from house Harkonnen for what they did to us.

Regards,

Count Ilban Richese

Message to Baron Harkonnen;

[hide] Accept the Richesian demands! Their strength is needed and we must make allies of them. We both know that your army is superior to mine and in paying you shall lose much of it as wages will be unaffordable. I will pay compensation to the Richesians, should they refuse it from me we shall lie and say it is from you. Clever book-keeping should allow the lie to pass undetected. However, this will mean that my forces will be unable to come to the aid of the Padishah Emperor, and I do not wish to lose face or appear disloyal. I humbly request that you disguise a quarter of your forces in Moritani colours in order to preserve simplicity.

Sincerely, Viscount Moritani.

OOC Houses

House Corrino - Emperor - Inoculator

House Harkonnen - allie of Emperor - VigilVirus

House Atreides - allie of Emperor - TMA

House Ix - allie of Emperor - Dunenewt

House Ordos - destroyed

House Maros - against Emperor

House Theta - against Emperor

House Moritani - allie of Harkonnen, therefore the Emperor

House Richese - against Emperor, evacuating because of Tailax virus - Earthnuker

House Hagal - against Emperor

House Taligari - revolution - allie of Emperor

House Ecaz - against the Emperor

House O'Oria - destroyed

Bene Tleilax - against the Emperor

The Guild - neutral

House Ginaz - position unknown - Atreides Legend

I am not allies of the Emperor, nor enemies of him but i am allies of Atreides although I will change my position to against him unless he withdraws from Caladan

BTW: The story is messed up really badly:

1) Ecaz are allies of Atreides

2) Ecaz and Moritani are bitter enemies - even more so than Atreides and Harkonnen

3) Having Ix, Richese and the Bene Tleilax against Corrino and Harkonnen is unrealistic as the Imperium relies on those three 'factions' for most of their technology.

4) Will people stop killing major houses which aren't being played by anyone. If you really must destroy a house either make one up or attack a house being played but give your opponent a chance to defend himself.

2) Ecaz and Moritani are bitter enemies - even more so than Atreides and Harkonnen

3) Having Ix, Richese and the Bene Tleilax against Corrino and Harkonnen is unrealistic as the Imperium relies on those three 'factions' for most of their technology.

4) Will people stop killing major houses which aren't being played by anyone. If you really must destroy a house either make one up or attack a house being played but give your opponent a chance to defend himself.

First of all, we are not going completely by the book. It would be impossible to do so with so few players. Ecaz was destroyed and taken over by House Harkonnen and they were never allies of Moritani anywhere in the plot.

Right now the only remaining enemy of the Emperor are the Tleilaxu and we need someone to play them.

Secret message to Viscount Moritani:

[hide]

House Harkonnen is very wealthy. It is a matter of principle that I refuse to pay the payment. House Richese is too weak to make an efficient allie, especially after the Tailax virus caused them to lose their homeworld. I shall pay the money only if the Emperor orders me to and I ask for you my friend, not to pay for me.

I wonder of course, why do you think we need the Richese to be our allies, my dear Viscount?

Baron Harkonnen

First of all, we are not going completely by the book. It would be impossible to do so with so few players. Ecaz was destroyed and taken over by House Harkonnen and they were never allies of Moritani anywhere in the plot.

Right now the only remaining enemy of the Emperor are the Tleilaxu and we need someone to play them.

Atreides are enemies of the Emperor and therefore so are Ix

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Message to Duke Atreides:

[hide]

It is obvious that you cannot trust these Harkonnen dogs on Caladan! They have a hidden agenda.Request that all houses remove their troops from Caladan and House Ix will provide protection. We will also fund the restoration of Atreides space fleet by using our latest technology.

[/hide]

From D'Newt, Earl of Ix

Message to Padishah Emperor of Known Universe:

[hide]

Your excellency,

I have reasons to believe that the Atreides are plotting against me and the Imperium. Some of my agents, currently stated there for protection have reported unusual activity on Caladan. I believe that the Ixians are on it to, I mean, they are the only ones who did not support the Imperium at all during this whole conflict. I ask for your majesty to review this matter, for it may be serious.

Baron Harkonnen

OOC:oops!!!

To the Great Houses of The Landsraad:

Their is much unrest in the Imperium and much conflict. However we of Ix think that matters should be settled in a more civilised and honourable way.

*Sly glance at Harkonnens*

These Atrocities of War cannot continue. However Houses which brake rules should be punished.

*Sly glance at Harkonnens*

I must remind you that Atomic and Biological Weapons are forbidden.

The Great House Of Ix will support any just cause and that is why we are helping the Atreides after the devestating attack on their homeplanet.

We also have news that the Renegade House of Richese has fled with the location unknown.

To Houses of Landstraad:

I have made my apology before the Emperor for using weapons of mass destructions on the rebels. He has agreed that I should inform the Imperium before using such rash measures.

House Ix, you have not supported the Imperium in any way in the war against the rebels, does this mean your House is rebelling? There is not neutrality in the war for justice!

Baron Harkonnen