Cheat Codes in Skirmish?

Taqwa11

Today I played six Emperor skirmish games. I won the first five, playing as Atreides in all but one game. In the last game, something curious happened, and I'd like some input by those of you more knowledgable than I.

In the last game, I played against a guy whose name I will not slander here in case he's just simply the most awesome Emperor player I've ever played against rather than a cheat. After all, I'm not one to jump to conclusions or make excuses for my losses. Here's what happened:

We were playing on a small, four-person map, both as Atreides. Before the match, this guy said that I should fear him like everyone does. He said that he had easily beaten Kompressor, Darkkavu7 and Brennq, and that he ALWAYS wins every game he plays. I asked him where his name was on the QM ladder. He said he never played QM, but that he could beat all those guys. He said he plays Emperor five hours every day.

Anyway, the settings of the game were 6k, prebuilt, superweapons on, everything else off. When the game began, I did all the things you have to do on 6k settings. I immediately upgraded my refinery, and kept upgrading it while building a barracks and a factory. I built a few sanbikes and a mongoose, upgraded the factory, and built a mino. I also built some scouts and got one in his base so I could see it. At that time he already had several air drones, two refineries, a factory and a barracks. I figured, Ok, so he went for drones, which means he's hurting on ground units with the 6k starting money. Not so. Immediately he had about fifteen sandbikes, and within just about three minutes he had about eight minos in the center of the map. He had just two refineries, like I had, and I only recall him having one factory. His sandbikes killed my few sandbikes and my one mino. When I finally got some drones, they were gunned down by his superior number of drones, and they took out my carryalls with ease. He then simply marched his eight minos the short distance to my base and it was game over. The tally, I estimate, was as follows:

I had built four sandbikes, two mongeese, two minos, three air drones, three scouts, and four regular infantry. Meanwhile, he had eight minos, about seven air drones, several scouts, and at least fifteen sandbikes. And the game lasted about five minutes. I told him he did a good job getting the jump on air drones early, and he replied that with or without the air drone headstart, I would have lost no matter what.

Does anyone know of cheat codes in skirmish? I'm curious that a guy so boastful who says he plays Emperor five hours a day, always wins, and claims to have easily beaten several well-known top players in skirmish matches would NEVER play on the QM ladder. Especially since he produced more than three times my output in a game that lasted only about five minutes.

I'm not the best Emperor player, but I can usually hold my own as Atreides against Atreides. This guy, though--and again, I won't mention his name because I won't slander anyone without proof--simply overwhelmed me in unit production. I've been rushed early with first-level mech units and infantry by all three houses. But never have I seen such an output--at least fifteen sandbikes and at least eight minos while I built relatively nothing. Anyone know about cheat codes in skirmish?

yes i am pretty sure there is one, but the only person i coudl really tell that had one was krepierien.In fact it prolly was him...

But sometimes players are just real good and used to their own setts. i would like to play whoever it was and see formyself. if u could get that nick to me it would be nice...mayeb in an IM or something...??

yes i am pretty sure there is one, but the only person i coudl really tell that had one was krepierien.In fact it prolly was him...

But sometimes players are just real good and used to their own setts. i would like to play whoever it was and see formyself. if u could get that nick to me it would be nice...mayeb in an IM or something...??

what method is that?

Well, you're right. I'm not Nav. Without solid proof, I'm not going to ruin someone's reputation. I was just curious about this guy who claims to always win, claims to have easily beaten some really big names in Emperor, and yet says he never plays QM. Anyone that good, who also says he plays Emperor five hours every day, would certainly want to prove it in the tourney, don't you think? Just for your information, I checked his nicks (he told me three of them), and he DID play QM this month once and lost quickly and very badly to a good player. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that there ARE ways to cheat in skirmish mode that aren't available in QM. However, I guess I'll have to play the guy again and gather more information and hopefully some solid evidence before I ruin his name.

He said that he had easily beaten Kompressor, Darkkavu7 and Brennq, and that he ALWAYS wins every game he plays.

hehehe that isnt really hard to beat k0mp because this ... always ducks me as i wanted to play him thats only a little ducker !!!

and elite u had probs vs krepieren ??? i killed him in the month where he was 3 or so and he wasnt a great prob he was good but not so good that he could be a cheater !!!

Today I played six Emperor skirmish games. I won the first five, playing as Atreides in all but one game. In the last game, something curious happened, and I'd like some input by those of you more knowledgable than I.

In the last game, I played against a guy whose name I will not slander here in case he's just simply the most awesome Emperor player I've ever played against rather than a cheat. After all, I'm not one to jump to conclusions or make excuses for my losses. Here's what happened:

We were playing on a small, four-person map, both as Atreides. Before the match, this guy said that I should fear him like everyone does. He said that he had easily beaten Kompressor, Darkkavu7 and Brennq, and that he ALWAYS wins every game he plays. I asked him where his name was on the QM ladder. He said he never played QM, but that he could beat all those guys. He said he plays Emperor five hours every day.

Anyway, the settings of the game were 6k, prebuilt, superweapons on, everything else off. When the game began, I did all the things you have to do on 6k settings. I immediately upgraded my refinery, and kept upgrading it while building a barracks and a factory. I built a few sanbikes and a mongoose, upgraded the factory, and built a mino. I also built some scouts and got one in his base so I could see it. At that time he already had several air drones, two refineries, a factory and a barracks. I figured, Ok, so he went for drones, which means he's hurting on ground units with the 6k starting money. Not so. Immediately he had about fifteen sandbikes, and within just about three minutes he had about eight minos in the center of the map. He had just two refineries, like I had, and I only recall him having one factory. His sandbikes killed my few sandbikes and my one mino. When I finally got some drones, they were gunned down by his superior number of drones, and they took out my carryalls with ease. He then simply marched his eight minos the short distance to my base and it was game over. The tally, I estimate, was as follows:

I had built four sandbikes, two mongeese, two minos, three air drones, three scouts, and four regular infantry. Meanwhile, he had eight minos, about seven air drones, several scouts, and at least fifteen sandbikes. And the game lasted about five minutes. I told him he did a good job getting the jump on air drones early, and he replied that with or without the air drone headstart, I would have lost no matter what.

Does anyone know of cheat codes in skirmish? I'm curious that a guy so boastful who says he plays Emperor five hours a day, always wins, and claims to have easily beaten several well-known top players in skirmish matches would NEVER play on the QM ladder. Especially since he produced more than three times my output in a game that lasted only about five minutes.

I'm not the best Emperor player, but I can usually hold my own as Atreides against Atreides. This guy, though--and again, I won't mention his name because I won't slander anyone without proof--simply overwhelmed me in unit production. I've been rushed early with first-level mech units and infantry by all three houses. But never have I seen such an output--at least fifteen sandbikes and at least eight minos while I built relatively nothing. Anyone know about cheat codes in skirmish?

Taqwa11,

Well I really don't find anything unsual in what your oponent did. I consider myself a decent Atr player, and I usually make the units you mentioned that u oponent did, in about 5 minutes. I guess his timing was quite more efficent than yours in terms of when to upgrade and when make the second ref.

Make sure that u count the harvys and not the refs, because usually at the beginning some players make 1 or 2 harvys in their factory.

The cheat prevention and detection system in skirmish is the same as in qm and clan. It looks for changes to the game data files (ie added money, different units) and when it detects one being used, it makes the game go out of sync and records it as an out of sync wash game (if it's a tournament game. If it's not, then there's no consequence) I say that he just got some really lucky timing. I have a few decent money tricks up my sleeve, some of them work sometimes and other times they don't. They can depend on things as simple as a cluttered refinery or proximity to spice. Same with wormsigns and those random times where a carryall picks up a harv and moves it like one square over. It's little things like that that probably all came together in his favour that one game. It's happened to me, a BO that utterly whomped someone on one map on one occaision totally fails when I use it in a different situation.

Theoretically, using trainers and mods should not be possible online. However, I have heard that there is a money trainer that will work up until a certain point, at which time it expires. I think it's 12 or 13 minutes or something. Maybe 9, I don't remember. I don't think it's true but you never know. If you can last 15 minutes against this guy without it going out of sync, I guess you know that he isn't cheating.

I know who it was and he isnt too good... either a lotta luck or a money trainer.

Im convinced one exists after playing one game with krepierien,where his bo was something like fac,fac,fremen,sard,sard...

I saw his whole base he only had about 4 harvs and he had everything coming out faster than i did with 2 full refinerys. I have beaten him before, but this game was way different from the others and it wasnt just his skill. krazyorse is a good atreides player, but krazyorse is not nearly impossible to beat... unlike kreperien who was nearly impossible to beat with that trainer.

Thats funny that you said u wonder how Xvayne got so many units so fast. its funny because all of his BO's were usually just BO's that a lot of other players would use. Most were just fac,ref build orders, the only thing that made the difference was upgrading and getting other buildings, he just knew when to or not to build.

(sry if this doesnt make sense i wrote real fast and replied to everything i saw interesting)

Just remember, Elite--no telling who it was, OK? I told you in confidence, as a former clanmate, on IM, so that maybe you can check it out since you are unquestionably one of the best Emp players and much better than I. Now that you know who it is, you may be having a lot of people asking you about it. Check it out for yourself, and if you find something fishy, go ahead and report it, but I expect you to follow the same honorable, non-public rules that I follow when I have no positive proof.

Oh, and Ace, I'm not saying he cheated. I just found his production in such a short time incredible, that's all. Maybe he knows some secrets I don't know. AND, as I said, a guy who claims he can beat all the top QM players but never plays QM himself is extremely suspicious, don't you agree?

Caid, have you tried any of those trainers to see if they work, at least for awhile, in skirmish or QM? If they do, that's appalling, and it ruins the game. A game really begins to suck when you don't know who is playing fair and who isn't. How many times has any one of us lost due to such cheats? I'm not even going to install one of those cheats to see if it works because I find it extremely distasteful. Maybe someone else wants to check it out for us.