Prefer Laser or Assault or Mongoose?

Devastator_Mech

Minotaurus and Air-Drone? Such combo would be extremely vunerable to hit&run strategies, in other words, Laser Tanks. I'll prefer Minotaurus and Mongoose, because i'll doubt Air-Drone's accuracy and effectiveness.

What do you mean 'you doubt the Air Drone's accuracy and effectiveness? If you think they can attack Laser Tanks, then you're wrong. The only use Air Drones would have in this scenario is to protect the Mino hoarde from Gunship strikes, which can kill Minos very quickly and effectively, if left unchecked.

its about mongeese, assault tanks or laser tanks.

id have to say that they all fit in. They have their purpose within their houses. Mongeese for range and AA/AV. Assault tank for primary offense and defense for hark arsonal. Laser tank for speed and instant hit projectile

But for my opinion, the assault tank...it could whoop the other two plus it has the speed to crush infantry better than the mongoose

lasertank, assault tank, mongoose.

I have chosen the assault tank second because it has incredable armour and firepower, i usually bring 1 with my rush because it owns minotaurs and kobra's. The assault tank tends to be an important target for your enemy too, this gives time to your other units to damage/destroy enemy units.

I think each ones has advantages and disadvantages.

For instance I would only use a mongoose as support to the minos (becos it fires guided missiles). I would never build it as my main anti-armor unit.

The lastank is perfect for hit-and-run, harvey hunting and early rushes. However, in late-game battles, where all the players have high-tech vehicles, it's only useful for support.

The assault, on the other hand, is the main hark ground unit. Can be combined with buzzsaws early in game, or missile tanks for late game.

Problem is, it's too slow and has short-range, and its armor doesn't compensate for that. Which means a few longer-ranged units can easily destroy it (even small groups of troopers).

I only played this game a couple of times online, but this is as I view it:

Laser

Mongoose

Assault

The mongoose has an excellent range (further then gun turrets), and is AA. But unlike laser or assault it cannot lead an attack. It would get slaughtered. Good support unit though.

I only played this game a couple of times online, but this is as I view it:

Laser

Mongoose

Assault

The mongoose has an excellent range (further then gun turrets), and is AA. But unlike laser or assault it cannot lead an attack. It would get slaughtered. Good support unit though.

thats what i thoughy

Lasers own all. A laser can take on almost any single unit in the game. The only one it cant is a missle tank, but if u have 3 lasers they hit it b4 the missle tank shoots. The are so fast andthe fized turret is great. They do everything i need to and im never worried about fremen or sards because i have dustscouts and chems to protect it.

Assault tank is next because it is good for soaking up hits and actually has GOOD firepower, its stronger than a lasers and almost as strong as a mongoose. They are too slow though and short range.

Mongeese suck cause theyhave no armor basically. No armor and no speed equals death.

I can kill 3 minotaurs with 1 assault tank, you just have to BLOCK the factory entrance with it and when and tank comes out it receives damage but it can't shoot until its fully out. But everytime i do it it gives me the feeling that i'm abusing the pathfinding bug ::)

Lasers own all. A laser can take on almost any single unit in the game. The only one it cant is a missle tank

Hey elite, perhaps you didn't knew but when an missile tnak fires at the laser run away, when your out of his range and the missiles are stil tracking try to drive in little circles, it shakes off 1/3 missiles and allows your laser to run, it does receive heavy damage though.

mongoose, assault tank, laser

Mongeese are better armor than most people realize versus mino or kobra. The AA is neccesary if you want to have a mino rush. The mongoose is also important to it's house, as it is good to just sit aroung the base where it can shoot at planes or ground units, perfect against a carryall drop. The biggest disadvantage over the other two is that it can never self repair on its own.

Assault tanks are vital to the harks, the armor taking hits instead of the inkvine/missiles, the decent gun also helps, and it is okay for supporting inf/buzz rushes.

Lasers are only useful during the begginning and after their initial rush, they are not used much. They can be killed to easily, and they slow down to much right when you most need them to be fast (when they get hurt). They also can't really kill infantry, would be nice if you could get buzzsaws with them. :'( They can't really even kill harvies once the enemy has a spicefield def. Fremen own it too because they will often take it out in one hit.

Lasers are only useful during the begginning and after their initial rush, they are not used much. They can be killed to easily, and they slow down to much right when you most need them to be fast (when they get hurt). They also can't really kill infantry, would be nice if you could get buzzsaws with them. :'( They can't really even kill harvies once the enemy has a spicefield def. Fremen own it too because they will often take it out in one hit.

You clearly got this from devastator_mech, anne_lover, i_love_anne, or you're an total newbie. Lasertanks DO NOT, i repeat *DO NOT* SLOW DOWN WHEN HIT >:( their shield is weakened but it DOES NOT, i repeat *DOES NOT* SLOW DOWN, i don't know how many times i have to explain this over and over and over again >:(

"They can't really kill harvy's once the enemy has an spicefield def. Fremen own it too because they wil often take it out in one hit."

This is total bullshit (sorry for the swearing but this just pisses me off) an fedaykin CANNOT, i repeat *CANNOT kill an lasertank in an hit, even if it hit the lasertank it is stil fast enough to RUN AWAY, ever heard of that? RUN AWAY!

Another thing, they HAVE TO GET money first, lasertanks are fast and cheap to build powerful units, AND ARE USEFULL AT ANY TIME OF THE GAME, you newbies just don't know how to use them well >:(

Before you start posting "strategies" TEST them first, SEE IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES, before posting!

newbies always have a tendency to believe that the assult tank cant take out the Higher ranking house units IE: Kobra/Mino

1 Assault tank (no chevrons) vs 1 Kobra (no chevrons) = Assault tank wins

1 Assault tank (no chevrons) vs 1 Minotaurus (no chevrons) = Assault tank wins

Try it if you like. The Assault Tank will murder the Mino with about almost 50% of its health gone, and will kill the Kobra with a little more damage taken.

newbies always have a tendency to believe that the assult tank cant take out the Higher ranking house units IE: Kobra/Mino

and about the laser tanks, they WILL slow down but not to 1 shot of anything except a devestator barrage or rocket salvo

hah! im a newbie?

Yep, lastanks don't slow down with 1 hit, but they rarely take only 1hit. Imagine a group of minos with kindjals/snipers or mongooses. Either the kindjal/sniper group or the mongooses will hit the lastanks and since there won't be only 1, they 'll slow down enough for the minos to slaughter them.

And when fedaykin attack your lastanks, I don't think ur enemy will send only one to do the job... he 'll send a group of them.

But lastanks can be truly effective if u use them correctly. The simple hit & run against a well-organized defense will achieve nothing.