C&C Generals link

Taqwa11

Aw, c'mon, Gobalopper... ;D people realize my existence ;) and you won't let me see the look of surprise on their faces ;D ;D ;D ;D

And you went to all that effort of deleting their post's for little old me? im humbled ;D

By the way Gobalopper, I once asked if humble little old me was worthy of Ichwan Bedwineship but you never responded... I would've sent you an email but I know you're busy and I didn't want to waste you're time by making you read my email...

Sorry Taq for being lazy and not reading all the post but can you answer some basic Questions for me

1: When is generls being release world wide

2: Do you have to pay to play online if so how much

3: What system requirements do you need to play it online

4: How many players can play in one game online

5: Do you think it will be westwoods biggest game ever

Many thanks

Sarb wrote:

Sorry Taq for being lazy and not reading all the post but can you answer some basic Questions for me

1: When is generls being release world wide

2: Do you have to pay to play online if so how much

3: What system requirements do you need to play it online

4: How many players can play in one game online

5: Do you think it will be westwoods biggest game ever

Many thanks

Response:

Well, the release date is scheduled for the end of January. No, you don't have to pay to play online. System requirements: if you can handle Emp without much lag, you should be fine--although the graphics requirements WILL be even steeper than Emp. From what I've read so far, a 1 ghz processor with a good graphics card and at least 256K of memory should do just fine. Now, if your processor is a bit slower than that, say 800 mhz, I'm sure a Nvidia GeForce 4 or the new ATI Radeon 9700 would definitely give your system a big boost, since some games rely heavily on the graphics card, while with others the processor speed is supposedly more important. I understand that the max number of players in a game online is eight. And since Westwood doesn't exist anymore, it won't be Westwood's biggest game ever, but I think it WILL be EA's biggest game ever.

I'll keep posting anything of interest that I find about Generals.

When you get to the above-referenced video site, download this clip. It is 10 minutes long. It took my computer with my cable conn just about twenty seconds to download the 18 megabytes. It shows the first U.S. mission for Generals. Watch this, and you'll buy the game.

Generals Movie (added September 3, 2002): Lots of good in-game action in this Generals movie. It's of the first USA mission in the game. You'll see tank battles, the GLA Scud Storm (GLA's super weapon) in action, rangers in a Chinook Helicopter that slide down a rope, and other cool stuff. Harvard Bonin, EA Pacific, discusses what's going on during the movie. Lots of good information can be learned if you pay attention! Credit for this video goes to Community Team, a German website that originally filmed the video at Games Convention in Leipzig.

Download Generals Movie [18MB]

First off, I extend my gratitude to Gobalopper for grating my Ichwine bedwineshipe...

And now, here is a demonstration of Emperor Battle For dune's fame : :)

im among the many of you not selected, and i too need to do something to take my mind off of it. howmany of you would join an emperor revival game each friday?

[ October 24, 2002, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Snyper578 ]

--------------------

STOP THE POLITICAL THREADS!!!

I mIcRoWaVe CaTs FoR fUn ;)

www.guru3d.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VDelfuego

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 6700

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 04:02 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naw. How about YR?

--------------------

Don't play with FIRE!

Thomas

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 563

Member Rated:

i have absolutely no idea about what you are talking about

--------------------

This information will be processed by a room full of men wearing plate mail armor with laser beams attached to their helmets. Afterwards it’ll be distributed via pneumatic tubes to an underground city populated by futuristic gnomes. Sure, mock us, but those little guys make some amazing pie charts.

Alien13UFO

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 709

Member Rated:

hmmmm, maybe.

--------------------

-WL-

"Eat right, excersise daily, live clean, die anyway"

Mercy is weakness, and weakness is death.

Snyper578

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 1123

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 04:07 AM

yr would be good too

--------------------

www.guru3d.com

Thomas

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 563

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 04:09 AM

yr

--------------------

This information will be processed by a room full of men wearing plate mail armor with laser beams attached to their helmets. Afterwards it’ll be distributed via pneumatic tubes to an underground city populated by futuristic gnomes. Sure, mock us, but those little guys make some amazing pie charts.

Alien13UFO

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 709

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 04:12 AM

yr doesnt need revival

--------------------

-WL-

"Eat right, excersise daily, live clean, die anyway"

Mercy is weakness, and weakness is death.

Thomas

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 563

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 04:14 AM

i picture myself playing td using the saga engine.

that would be sweet

--------------------

Snyper578

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 1123

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 12:22 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Alien13UFO:

yr doesnt need revival

true, which is why i requested eb4d first

--------------------

www.guru3d.com

FISKER_Q

Board Veteran

Member # 3372

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 12:59 PM

E:B4D?

--------------------

----Mah New Rig----

Athlon XP 2400+ 2000MHz Asus GeForce 4 Ti4200 Asus A7V333

ThermalTake Xazer II Soundblaster Audigy Samsung 512 MB DDRRAM PC2700

OutlawStar35[GF]

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 2307

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 01:02 PM

emporer revival? what the hell game is that

--------------------

POP DOG!!!

http://www.generalsfactory.com

War stories in that site that i made.

SioN

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 65

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 01:03 PM

quote:

Originally posted by FISKER_Q:

E:B4D?

Emperor: Battle For Dune

--------------------

CNCSG - Genuine news coverage, information, and even comic relief at it's best.

"Mess with the best... Die like the rest!"

.:GMPT Sign up VIP:.

FISKER_Q

Board Veteran

Member # 3372

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 01:08 PM

Got confused with the 4

--------------------

----Mah New Rig----

Athlon XP 2400+ 2000MHz Asus GeForce 4 Ti4200 Asus A7V333

ThermalTake Xazer II Soundblaster Audigy Samsung 512 MB DDRRAM PC2700

Ash

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 576

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 01:09 PM

He means a revival of EB4D. Which like, 5 people own.

--------------------

CNCSeries.Com Community Director.

ash@cncseries.com

CNCSeries.Com's Generals Section - High Quality Info

OutlawStar35[GF]

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 2307

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2002 01:10 PM

o i never got to play that game but i saw the movie from ra2 and it looked crazy

--------------------

POP DOG!!!

http://www.generalsfactory.com

War stories in that site that i made.

All times are Pacific

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1 2

Printer-friendly view of this topic Hop To: Select a Forum: General Discussion Ideas & Suggestions Multiplayer Test Discussion Game Balance

Contact Us | Command & Conquer Generals

Sneak, I have tried very hard, but I fail to see any connection between your recent posts and this thread. What are you smokin', dude? Anyhow, congrats on your new status because it obviously means a lot to you. LOL

Here's that link to Generals video downloads, since a lot of you will probably have lost it in the recent pages of posts.

http://www.cncden.com/cncgenerals_movies.shtml

Taqwa, the point of the first post from the Generals forum is to show the unrelenting, totally narrow minded stupidity of the masses who blindly follow WW... anyone who says anything negative about WW or Generals is a blizzard bum, despite the fact that the person currently owns 0 Blizzard game

The point of the second post from the Generals forum was to show just how innefective WW's marketing for emp was

Look in the December issue of PC Gamer, there is a large article about generals. Unfortunately an article about Doom III is also featured, which by god almost made me sh|t my pants, generals graphics are certainly good for an RTS, but once I looked at doom III, NOTHING compares. If you havn't already looked at the front cover of that PC Gamer, do it. You won't believe your eyes - trust me. I will most likely get generals too. Or maybe go back to WC3, dunno yet. But right now ut2k3 is satisfying my need for gaming ;D

Personally I think they should have come up with better factions for generals. I mean who's gonna wanna drive around in a 1980 ford pickup with a bunch of hooligans with rifles in the back (GLA) When you could be crushing people with a 35 tonne tank the mounts a 50mm rocket launcher on the front? I for one would get a much better sense of satisfaction from a bad a$$ tank then from a pickup truck 8) China might be ok too though (flame thrower tank ;D) But I think they should have the sides equally as appealing as the next. Just another case of pure American rah rah. :(

''Personally I think they should have come up with better factions for generals. I mean who's gonna wanna drive around in a 1980 ford pickup with a bunch of hooligans with rifles in the back (GLA) When you could be crushing people with a 35 tonne tank the mounts a 50mm rocket launcher on the front? I for one would get a much better sense of satisfaction from a bad a$$ tank then from a pickup truck China might be ok too though (flame thrower tank ) But I think they should have the sides equally as appealing as the next. Just another case of pure American rah rah.''

Indeed

I would have preferred the RA2 countries myself because there were a lot of countries to choose from. But they wanted to make a game that would at least reflect the current or near-future world powers. I think an Allies vs. "Axis of Evil" would have worked well. As politically incorrect as this sounds, the world twenty years from now may actually be divided into three powers: the U.S. and its allies (including Israel), China/Asia (including North Korea since it also has nukes), and the Middle East. Where Russia, the traditional other "superpower" will fit in, only time will tell. I think Generals has an interesting concept. It will be just as interesting to see how the game actually plays out. Will it be so far-fetched that we all just make jokes about it, or will it have some semblance of possibility?

Yah, I watched the 17 minute trailer. Although it was a lower res filming of someone playing it on a screen, you could still tell that the graphics are breath taking. And there's no more of this "build and then place" (can anyone say pre-built gun turret for engy rush ;D) It is more like WC3 style, where you have to place the building, and then it slowly builds up, which is definitely more realistic and less frustrating (when hit by engys) Also the tanks look quite bad a$$, and I think the new economy system could have some potential (either it'll rock, or it'll be absolutely horendous; I'm hoping for the former ;)) All in all it looks like it could be my next RTS of choice. Opponents beware, Razorox is here! ;D